Where is Rudi's on Nieuw Amsterdam?

ricka47

I’ve done the pop up several times and yes, as others have said it’s in the Pinnacle Grill and $49 pp (before Mariner Discount).

We enjoyed it every time on both the Rotterdam and the Prinsendam. (Prinsendam’s was superb IMO on every occasion.)

2 hours ago, ricka47 said:

Thanks!  On the sample menu, it states, " Rudi's Sel de Mer's menu items are priced a la carte."  That doesn't sound correct on top of the $49 per person charge?

Here is the pop-up menu (click to expand):

http://www.rogerjett-photography.com/specialty-2/hal-regular-and-specialty-restaurants/hal-specialty-restaurant-menus/rudis-sel-de-mer-pop-up

The dessert souffle is light as a cloud and delicious.

image.png.f144729c82478f393a55212ae3122f41.png

I'm on the NA this December and will definitely try Rudi's just for the Rack of Lamb, which is my favourite cruise meat. On my last Cruise (Dec '18) on the Eurodam, the lamb was awful.  Had to send the first one back because it was overdone and the second one wasn't much better either.  Does anyone know whether I can make a reservation on line?  Thank you.

6 minutes ago, dot73 said:

I'm on the NA this December and will definitely try Rudi's just for the Rack of Lamb, which is my favourite cruise meat. On my last Cruise (Dec '18) on the Eurodam, the lamb was awful.  Had to send the first one back because it was overdone and the second one wasn't much better either.  Does anyone know whether I can make a reservation on line?  Thank you.

We just made our reservation online for this November.

1 hour ago, dot73 said:

The lamb at Sel de Mer pop-up on the Westerdam was excellent, although a huge portion.  Need to remember to go hungry!  

5 hours ago, RuthC said:

It pops up in the Pinnacle. 
As to whether or not it's worth it---not to me. I think it's too expensive for my taste. 

On the Westerdam as a pop-up, the quality of cuisine and service matched the stand alone on Nieuw Statendam.  The Westerdam's pop-up was not ala carte which was a surprise to me.  With my Mariner's discount, the price was well worth the dining experience.

1 hour ago, dot73 said:

I’m on with you the week of Dec 7th.

Sel de Met is scheduled for Dec 11th and is available to book online or by calling Ship Services 800 5411576

On 9/16/2019 at 1:07 PM, ricka47 said:

Why?

I would rather not say on a public forum.  Let's just say it was not a pleasant experience for Mrs Banjo and myself.  We did take the time to discuss the matter with the the proper people on board and in Seattle.  if you want the details, feel free to PM me.  

Edited by crusinbanjo