Port Botany cruise terminal

Chiliburn

6 hours ago, in rod we trust said:

well botany bay isn't Sydney harbor either is it..  and its going to be the same ships will still leave botany to go in the harbor .. so if that is royal caribeans plan what difference would it matter where the mega cruise terminal is built

Oh well, with the logic in that argument our airport isn't in Sydney either 🙄 Then again, with that logic >75% of Sydney isn't even in Sydney... 😣

6 hours ago, in rod we trust said:

why not if Im here to see the country yes I would there is some awesome beaches and towns to see all the way up we have a beautiful coast line and towns along the coast line ... ..  and the cruise ship will no doubt head to Sydney harbor may not dock but you at least could see the view .. see thast why they say flying has more advantage and brings more tourist as they would rather see the country, beaches towns , all over Australia not just the city

I don't change  my facts have been just that facts , port authority and nsw liberals are the ones hiding the evidence and trying to conceal it from public view  email them and ask for it.. again you just want it for convenience no matter what is destroyed ..  that's all  .. 

You're just rambling for the sake of it now. Can never admit you're wrong, and never admit your suggestions are ludicrous, which they are. But yes, good work dictating the itineraries that tourists must take if they visit Australia now... seems like you would do well in North Korea.

2 hours ago, ilikeanswers said:

Is it such a bad idea to have a terminal outside of Sydney? There are other towns along the NSW coast that have airports and it would be great for regional tourism if we could get more international visitors to those area. America has many towns along their coasts with terminals and people seem willing to fly to all these different ports for their cruises. It would be nice to spread the tourism dollar around more and not just have everything in Sydney.

We do have terminals outside of Sydney. But the reality - and experience - is the core tourist market is not visiting Australia to go to Eden, Newcastle or Wollongong, just the same as most Australians wouldn't go to some remote town if visiting other countries in place of their key cities. In your American example the only real example of that is with Florida, and that's just a capacity issue with about 50% of the US market - about 20 times our size - and that those tourists aren't going for sightseeing but it's primarily the island resort market as well, and international tourists are just going for the cruise ship instead of the local sights. The rest of the US it's all a single port in the destination city.

People don't have unlimited time, there's less to see, and they're not as well connected so aren't even practical for many, as well as more costly for international travellers to get to.

So using Rodger the Dodgers logic maybe they should build the new SYDNEY fish markets in say Eden.....they, I would assume, already have a fish co op there and it would do wonders for the local economy . Might not be too convenient for the fish shops, caterers, restaurants etc in Sydney....... but hey...... it’s not about convenience.

19 minutes ago, GUT2407 said:

Maybe move the airport to Canberra, then the planes won’t spill their toxic sludge all over Botany Bay, people can stop complaining about flight noise and after all it would only cause some inconvenience.

I think Canberra would take the air traffic and the new cruise terminal. The ships may find it hard to get here but easy to get back down the mountain.

3 hours ago, GUT2407 said:

Maybe move the airport to Canberra, then the planes won’t spill their toxic sludge all over Botany Bay, people can stop complaining about flight noise and after all it would only cause some inconvenience.

But the Canberra Airport is very nice, international flights go to and from there, Qatar, Singapore A/L's. Limited room for expansion though. Uncle Mic would mind a bit of noise.  We use Canberra Airport often to fly interstate, convenient and user friendly.

As for Eden as a Cruise Terminal, forget it, ok for a cruise stop, but the Princes Hwy from Eden to Nowra is still not much better than 1960's standard - one lane each way with the odd climbing lane.

Edited by NSWP

8 hours ago, The_Big_M said:

You're just rambling for the sake of it now. Can never admit you're wrong, and never admit your suggestions are ludicrous, which they are. But yes, good work dictating the itineraries that tourists must take if they visit Australia now... seems like you would do well in North Korea.

rambling you say... yeah right you always look for a excuse and way out of facts ,  I put up all the fact's put up the report from port authority  you all were asking for..  parts of it,  the important info and pro's and con's  , its all been redacted .. and hidden from public view so we cannot see the bad points about it..  its a joke and a blatant attempt to hide the truth from all.. as the nsw state does with all its over priced projects hide the truth..

it saddens me this day and era that how people can put there convenience ahead of the country .. but hey what did I expect  from cruise junkies that don't give a rats about there own country but will sit around dinner tables and coffee breaks telling there friends how great there cruise was , talk about how nicw was this country or port .... '' I seen some great beaches and views'' drank and ate my brains out .. but yet when they get home they could not care less about there own country..  or complain what gov does or lack of  it..  or blame anybody but themselves..  oh well when its all gone destroyed or sold off then maybe if some of you are still around you might change. I doubt it but you never know … hopefully this new generation of kids think of saving there country .. not holding my breath but there is always hope ..   

I think you people in denial and just want a port for convenience probably don't even get off the ships at different ports . just sit back eat , and not move .. cruise junkies  lol  wonder if any of you have seen the movie WALL -E  

Edited by in rod we trust

8 hours ago, The_Big_M said:

We do have terminals outside of Sydney. But the reality - and experience - is the core tourist market is not visiting Australia to go to Eden, Newcastle or Wollongong, just the same as most Australians wouldn't go to some remote town if visiting other countries in place of their key cities. In your American example the only real example of that is with Florida, and that's just a capacity issue with about 50% of the US market - about 20 times our size - and that those tourists aren't going for sightseeing but it's primarily the island resort market as well, and international tourists are just going for the cruise ship instead of the local sights. The rest of the US it's all a single port in the destination city.

Maybe they are not going to those places because we don't promote them enough as places worth visiting. Europe does a good job of this, people want to visit small and remote towns though personally I would not consider Newcastle or Wollongong a small and remote town. As for the American example I was thinking more of Charleston and Mobile but you are right because they have a bigger population cruise lines are more amenable to using a variety of ports but still I feel like we shouldn't be giving up on regional towns because it is harder to do. We should be trying to convince international visitors it is worth visiting beyond Sydney. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, in rod we trust said:

rambling you say... yeah right you always look for a excuse and way out of facts ,  I put up all the fact's put up the report from port authority  you all were asking for..  parts of it,  the important info and pro's and con's  , its all been redacted .. and hidden from public view so we cannot see the bad points about it..  its a joke and a blatant attempt to hide the truth from all.. as the nsw state does with all its over priced projects hide the truth..

it saddens me this day and era that how people can put there convenience ahead of the country .. but hey what did I expect  from cruise junkies that don't give a rats about there own country but will sit around dinner tables and coffee breaks telling there friends how great there cruise was , talk about how nicw was this country or port .... '' I seen some great beaches and views'' drank and ate my brains out .. but yet when they get home they could not care less about there own country..  or complain what gov does or lack of  it..  or blame anybody but themselves..  oh well when its all gone destroyed or sold off then maybe if some of you are still around you might change. I doubt it but you never know … hopefully this new generation of kids think of saving there country .. not holding my breath but there is always hope ..   

I think you people in denial and just want a port for convenience probably don't even get off the ships at different ports . just sit back eat , and not move .. cruise junkies  lol  wonder if any of you have seen the movie WALL -E  

Rod
Yarra bay sounds pretty good ,lots of prostitution and con men .

What’s Saturday night like ,sounds like a real swinging place?

20 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

No where near as many Pros as you may find around King's Cross, which is probably why the Navy won't move.

Spot on there, 'ladies of the night'  and 'Harry De Wheels pie floaters',  why would the R.A.N move ?759032356_3cafedewheels.jpg.c35f38277887b32390c7bdbc0eb659d2.jpg

Edited by NSWP

7 hours ago, NSWP said:

But the Canberra Airport is very nice, international flights go to and from there, Qatar, Singapore A/L's. Limited room for expansion though. Uncle Mic would mind a bit of noise.  We use Canberra Airport often to fly interstate, convenient and user friendly.

As for Eden as a Cruise Terminal, forget it, ok for a cruise stop, but the Princes Hwy from Eden to Nowra is still not much better than 1960's standard - one lane each way with the odd climbing lane.

Ships up the clyde or brown mountain, difficult choice.

5 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

Rod
Yarra bay sounds pretty good ,lots of prostitution and con men .

What’s Saturday night like ,sounds like a real swinging place?

He doesn't eat at the bay, goes home for dinner with fish caught elsewhere, like woollies.

11 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

I think Canberra would take the air traffic and the new cruise terminal. The ships may find it hard to get here but easy to get back down the mountain.

Yeh.. but what’s the fishing like there?

12 hours ago, ilikeanswers said:

Maybe they are not going to those places because we don't promote them enough as places worth visiting. Europe does a good job of this, people want to visit small and remote towns though personally I would not consider Newcastle or Wollongong a small and remote town. As for the American example I was thinking more of Charleston and Mobile but you are right because they have a bigger population cruise lines are more amenable to using a variety of ports but still I feel like we shouldn't be giving up on regional towns because it is harder to do. We should be trying to convince international visitors it is worth visiting beyond Sydney. 

We do try. But as said people have limited time, and the majority really want to see what they view as iconic in the limited time they have. That's just human nature. Look at the crowds around the Mona Lisa. And people go away disappointed. But the reality is that's what 90% of tourists go to the Louvre to see, not all the other worthy art around, no matter what people say. It's just a thing. And most people are not going to prioritise regional towns over Sydney. 

As also already said, they've tried it in the past, and it was a dud getting sailings out of Newcastle. Badly discounted because most people didn't want to leave from there.

3 hours ago, The_Big_M said:

We do try. But as said people have limited time, and the majority really want to see what they view as iconic in the limited time they have. That's just human nature. Look at the crowds around the Mona Lisa. And people go away disappointed. But the reality is that's what 90% of tourists go to the Louvre to see, not all the other worthy art around, no matter what people say. It's just a thing. And most people are not going to prioritise regional towns over Sydney. 

As also already said, they've tried it in the past, and it was a dud getting sailings out of Newcastle. Badly discounted because most people didn't want to leave from there.

if they stop over crowding Sydney and start developing other major towns maybe people might want to go.. Sydney is at gridlock .. so no need for anymore traffic now ..  cruise industry brings nothing to the economy its just all false info and claims made by the cruise industry ….  as far as im concerned we don't need another cruise port in Sydney at all .. 

4 hours ago, in rod we trust said:

if they stop over crowding Sydney and start developing other major towns maybe people might want to go.. Sydney is at gridlock .. so no need for anymore traffic now ..  cruise industry brings nothing to the economy its just all false info and claims made by the cruise industry ….  as far as im concerned we don't need another cruise port in Sydney at all .. 

Wow ..that's a very Trumpish like statetment....now I remember why I called you an idiot.

• Haha 1

yep cruise ships brings nothing to the economy just pollution  .. better to fly and stay longer in a country and see more of it.. there is real action and concerns now over the proposed third cruise terminal , which is great news and more and more people are against destroying a whole bay just for royal carribean mega polluting ships .. so that is great fantastic news .. gov and royal carribean need to listen before it starts to impact them as it will