Average age on Celebrity Silhouette

wolominiak

3 hours ago, mitz18 said:

Out of curiosity, why does it matter?  If there are 1,000 people who are 20 and 1,000 people who are 50, then the average age is 35 - ie you.   But you'd be the only 35 yr olds on board.  Go, enjoy. 

And if there are 1000 twenty-year-olds on the ship, you’ll be on the wrong one as it won’t be an X cruise 🤣

• Like 1

On 10/6/2019 at 3:33 PM, wolominiak said:

Hi

I and my wife (we are 35) we will be sailing next year in Europe,
what is the average age?

The average passenger age on Silhouette  at that time of year will be around 60 to 65 I'd guess. You will be amongst the youngest onboard for sure. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, villauk said:

And if there are 1000 twenty-year-olds on the ship, you’ll be on the wrong one as it won’t be an X cruise 🤣

I know but it was only way to make averages work for my point. 😐 

I guess I could have said there'll be 2000 60 yr olds, of which 50% will act like 10 yr olds, which would make an average "acting age" of 35 😎  

• Haha 1

The age of passengers is more dependent on the length of the cruise, cost of the cruise, and time of the year.  If you are taking a relatively short (less then 2 weeks) European cruise during the summer school vacation season there will be plenty of folks on your cruise under 50.   You might find that you are a few years younger then the average, but that should not be a biggie.  Also keep in mind that most European cruises are port intensive and have quite a few longer port days.  Passengers tend to focus on the ports (whereas this is less important in the Caribbean) and the night time does not have the same kind of party atmosphere you will find in the Caribbean.  Many passengers go to bed earlier because they must be up early for the ports and they get themselves worn out on long port days.

Hank

Just did a 7 day Norway cruise on Silhouette in the beginning of September.  I would estimate the average age mid-to-late 50's or a little older, with a considerable number of people in their 60's or above.  There were not too many people in their 30's.  That said, I was frankly astonished at the party atmosphere of all the old folks onboard!  (and I am a senior myself, so no offense intended).  They filled the bars and partied and drank long after I had gone to bed.  

• 2 months later...
On 10/13/2019 at 8:47 AM, upwarduk said:

I just hope you don’t have as many alpha calls as we did on the first cruise after the school holidays.

To be fair, alpha (or bright star depending on the cruiseline) calls can (and have) apply to ANY age group and can (and generally do) occur on any cruise.

On 10/13/2019 at 2:21 PM, ronbe65 said:

I wouldn't either.

The ship is important.

My favorite option for the Canary Islands itineraries was the Independent of the Seas 14 days from Southampton.

Other than that (actually best options) are German lines (TUI, AIDA) that are "expert" lines in that area and operate better ships.

Happy cruising!

How are the TUI and Aida ships better than the Independence of the Seas?