Average age on Celebrity Silhouette

wolominiak

1 hour ago, wolominiak said:

Celebrity Silhouette Sep 28 — Oct 9, 2020  

11 Nt Spain, Portugal & Canary Islands

Hi, we''ve just booked this cruise too. 

You are a little nearer our sons' age than us. We've not sailed this time of year before  but would expect a slightly older demographic than the peak summer months.  You should not be the sole representatives of your age though!

There is a Roll Call for this cruise --- hope to see you there?

20 hours ago, wolominiak said:

Hi

I and my wife (we are 35) we will be sailing next year in Europe,
what is the average age?

Given the time of year and the longer cruise, I suspect that you will be one of the kids on the ship.  My guess the average age is probably high 50's. 

• Like 1

I think that's to optimisticly low age group. The longer the cruise the older the demographics, seven day has children - 11 day cruise in September and beyond has very few children(maybe some grandchildren) therefore older cruisers.

We did a Baltic sruise on the Silhouette last year in May; I would say the average was over 65+. This past February on the Silhouette we did a b2b(9 day& 12 day) and the average is still 65+, doing the same cruises this coming February (we're early 70s).

Hal

We're not booked onto this one (may well be by summer 2020)  but have done similar itineraries in 2017 and next week.  (incidentally we are 50 and 56..)

The age demographic is very much older than usual.  This is a very cheap cruise (in the UK anyway!).  Kids are back in school.  The itinerary isn't culture heavy.  Last minute summer sun. 

You won't loose anything by being  - fairly significantly - on the younger side.  But the behavior of folk on that cruise isn't typical either. (We've cruised X many times - all out of Europe.) You will get the same wonderful food, theater experiences, entertainment etc. You will also get your feet run over by any number of buggy wielding mafia.  Learn to love the stairs.  It is a very different feel.  Don't judge X by the behaviour - or age demographic - of these itineraries.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, GastroGnome said:

We're not booked onto this one (may well be by summer 2020)  but have done similar itineraries in 2017 and next week.  (incidentally we are 50 and 56..)

The age demographic is very much older than usual.  This is a very cheap cruise (in the UK anyway!).  Kids are back in school.  The itinerary isn't culture heavy.  Last minute summer sun. 

You won't loose anything by being  - fairly significantly - on the younger side.  But the behavior of folk on that cruise isn't typical either. (We've cruised X many times - all out of Europe.) You will get the same wonderful food, theater experiences, entertainment etc. You will also get your feet run over by any number of buggy wielding mafia.  Learn to love the stairs.  It is a very different feel.  Don't judge X by the behaviour - or age demographic - of these itineraries.

Hope you never need a buggy and if you do, other folk won't be rude.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 10/6/2019 at 10:33 AM, wolominiak said:

Hi

what is the average age?

Silhouette is 8 years old. 😎  Seriously though, you will likely be much younger than most on board, but age is just a number.

The post saying anything over 7 days expect an older demographic I agree this applies in any cruise leaving from a US port but not so in Europe. Most Europeans prefer two week holidays. As we get more statutory time off work than those in US we tend to vacation for longer and more often when still in employment. 

• Like 2

I wouldn't really care the average age as my DH and I typically enjoy our own company.  We work during the year, have great family and friends at home- so we aren't looking to make any great friendships on board.  Have enjoyed taking to many people of all ages and from a variety of states and countries.

Enjoy your cruise.

• Like 1

You won't be out of place, but you won't be in the majority either as everyone has pointed out.  Average age for longer cruises during the school year is probably mid 50's to 70's.  That's not old these days....and you'll find many interesting and fun folks of all ages on cruises. 

If you are looking for lots of nightlife and late night happenings filled with hundreds of people, Celebrity, Princess and Holland America are not the lines to cruise on....I'd suggest looking at Carnival, Norwegian....and perhaps RCL.

On 10/7/2019 at 10:43 AM, wolominiak said:

Celebrity Silhouette Sep 28 — Oct 9, 2020  

11 Nt Spain, Portugal & Canary Islands

I know someone who was on that cruise this year. 

They report an average age well in excess of 50.

On 10/6/2019 at 9:33 AM, wolominiak said:

Hi

what is the average age?

Out of curiosity, why does it matter?  If there are 1,000 people who are 20 and 1,000 people who are 50, then the average age is 35 - ie you.   But you'd be the only 35 yr olds on board.  Go, enjoy. 

• Like 2