Princess Live.

antsp

I think almost everyone agrees Princess Live is a pretty dreadful venue, the new Sky and Discovery are described differently on Princess.com. Is anyone any the wiser. Hopefythey have listened to the feedback 

The artist drawing for the soon to be Discovery Princess shows a cafe with small tables and chairs as well as an open entrance to the area by the bar. Can only hope that all the uncomfortable seating and the concept for fake TV shows has finally been buried in the bad design yard, and future dry docks will include a rip out and re-configure of this area for the current ships.

Edited by skynight

3 hours ago, AF-1 said:

What is Princess Live;  I have not been on a ship with this venue

It seems that Live is kind of a live-studio for taping (and showing live, I would guess) television-type shows.  It seems that Princess has some kind of closed-circuit shows with the cruise director, the excursion salespeople, Effie store salespeople, etc., trying to hype their wares.  Instead of taping there wherever they did (I would guess the theater), some ships now have a dedicated space for this.

They also use the Live space for other events that used to be held in the Explorers Lounge, which Princess did away with.  

From what I've read on this Forum, the Live space is not well regarded.

Princess Live on the Royal and Regal is a waste of space from the uncomfortable seating to the poor layout.  It appears from the deck layout on the newest ships, the seating in the new Princess Live has been changed to something more appealing.  For my money though they can simply eliminate it.  

• Like 2

17 hours ago, antsp said:

I think almost everyone agrees Princess Live is a pretty dreadful venue, the new Sky and Discovery are described differently on Princess.com. Is anyone any the wiser. Hopefythey have listened to the feedback 

No not everyone agrees with that statement. Everytime we go the venue is full.

Edited by Potstech
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, skynight said:

The artist drawing for the soon to be Discovery Princess shows a cafe with small tables and chairs as well as an open entrance to the area by the bar. Can only hope that all the uncomfortable seating and the concept for fake TV shows has finally been buried in the bad design yard, and future dry docks will include a rip out and re-configure of this area for the current ships.

I'm guessing the new design is coming to Sky and Enchanted too (as well as Discovery).  Comparing the deck plans, all 3 have the same layout with a stage which is different to Regal, for example.

plivecompare.jpg.c6a538caf1744acd7401e74a1b6a8e01.jpg

This is the artist's impression - I do so hope they have got rid of those nasty fixed seats!

plive.thumb.jpg.a895c78c5fc7e21681230bb416177279.jpg

• Like 1

7 hours ago, antsp said:

If anyone has ever met anyone who likes Princess Live can they let us know. I am such a fan of Explores Lounge I think it that makes it worse with what Princess has done.  

We enjoy Princess Live for the game shows and karaoke. But, Im sure we would like the new design,, also.

Edited by billco

34 minutes ago, antsp said:

I said Almost, just because it's full doesn't mean passengers like the space. 

I agree with this!  People will still go to it, if they like what is being offered there.  But, the design of it is really poor.  Most People don't like the way Princess Live is set up

9 hours ago, antsp said:

If anyone has ever met anyone who likes Princess Live can they let us know. I am such a fan of Explores Lounge I think it that makes it worse with what Princess has done.  

Completely agree.  Explorers Lounge is our favourite venue.  I sure hope they've made a change to Princess Live.  We completely avoid it, thus sometimes missing out on game shows, etc., that we always enjoy.

4 hours ago, antsp said:

I said Almost, just because it's full doesn't mean passengers like the space. 

And you know this how?  If they did not like it or the activities why go? Seems like some project their feelings to all others.

5 hours ago, dides said:

I'm guessing the new design is coming to Sky and Enchanted too (as well as Discovery).  Comparing the deck plans, all 3 have the same layout with a stage which is different to Regal, for example.

plivecompare.jpg.c6a538caf1744acd7401e74a1b6a8e01.jpg

This is the artist's impression - I do so hope they have got rid of those nasty fixed seats!

plive.thumb.jpg.a895c78c5fc7e21681230bb416177279.jpg

That looks like a major improvement to present layout, which has seats that are too small & do not move, which makes it clumsy for trivia. I do like the present Princess Live for their game shows, particularly if they’re hosted by Matt O. 

When you think of it, Princess live events could all be held in Explorer Lounge, which is much more comfortable.

7 hours ago, Potstech said:

No not everyone agrees with that statement. Everytime we go the venue is full.

You are absolutely right!  Every time we walk by it is PACKED.  And it baffles us as we detest it.  But that being said, we have gone in from time to time if there is something going on that we absolutely want to see.  I grumble (first world problems) but I do go.  So perhaps its more about people wanting to watch the programming rather than enjoying the venue?  The same crowd would likely show up to Explorer's Lounge - and then some (like me 🙂 ).

But I do get your point, there are people who don't see Princess Live as an issue.  I hope to see changes to it on the Sky.  I hope people report back that will be sailing on her this year.