Holiday inn sydney

I always remember staying our last night on a Princess landtour,in a 4star downtown corporate hotel in Sydney.I forget the name of it.At the breakfast buffet the eggs were  dirty yellow hockey pucks.A couple of us Brits and a few Yanks all went up and ordered sunnyside up,over easy etc.individually.After a few minutes the plates came out with dirty yellow hockey pucks on,lol.They didn't have a clue.Hopefully,other hotels are better.

42 minutes ago, brian1 said:

I always remember staying our last night on a Princess landtour,in a 4star downtown corporate hotel in Sydney.I forget the name of it.At the breakfast buffet the eggs were  dirty yellow hockey pucks.A couple of us Brits and a few Yanks all went up and ordered sunnyside up,over easy etc.individually.After a few minutes the plates came out with dirty yellow hockey pucks on,lol.They didn't have a clue.Hopefully,other hotels are better.

A lot of those chain hotels just do the job and that’s it.

Just now, Chiliburn said:

Like food super star
All he needs is the paparazzi to take a few action shots.

Like a great Dane woofing down a can of Pal

Never had a Great Dane, Collie, Border Collie, cross breed mutt, more Dalmatians than I can count, Doberman, Chinese Crested and now I’ve sold my soul to a miniature schnauzer. But never had a Great Dane, always wanted a Irish Wolfhound and are currently considering an Irish Back Terrier

4 hours ago, possum52 said:

Sorry to disagree with you Bubbeh, a continental breakfast is a light meal and doesn't usually include hot dishes other than perhaps porridge. It will be cereals, toast and pastries. A full buffet breakfast will have all the continental breakfast items plus hot dishes. 

Actually, that's my point.  Unless it specifically says that it is a continental brekkie, it will be a full buffet.

5 minutes ago, Bubbeh said:

Actually, that's my point.  Unless it specifically says that it is a continental brekkie, it will be a full buffet.

Which s why I apologised to you in my post above. I misread your post and thought you said that a continental breakfast had hot dishes.

Leigh

Edited by possum52

2 minutes ago, possum52 said:

Which s why I apologised to you in my post above. I misread your post and thought you said that a continental breakfast had hot dishes.

Leigh

Not to worry Leigh, it's all good.  So easy to misread posts, especially when you're in a hurry or doing two things at once.  Have a nice evening, Dee.

Just now, Bubbeh said:

Not to worry Leigh, it's all good.  So easy to misread posts, especially when you're in a hurry or doing two things at once.  Have a nice evening, Dee.

Very easy! Thank you, you too!

Leigh

2 hours ago, brian1 said:

Have never had that at a hotel breakfast but then we use balls here when we play hockey.

Ice hockey.The secret was to bosh everything in a deep fat fryerIf I could speak Mandarin Chinese,I could have explained my order better,but still get the same,lol.Fried eggs don't exist here in Southern Italy.

Continental breakfast? How ghastly...give me the full English every time....bigger the better... But at hotels like Holiday Inn, you can load your plate up with the good stuff, but no black pudding in Sydney.

th (2).jpg

Edited by NSWP

13 hours ago, brian1 said:

Ice hockey.The secret was to bosh everything in a deep fat fryerIf I could speak Mandarin Chinese,I could have explained my order better,but still get the same,lol.Fried eggs don't exist here in Southern Italy.

On last years' tour of Qatar, Israel, Jordan and Turkey I had no problem getting fried eggs any way I wanted them. But bacon???? Not a scrap.

I'll be in Italy in a few weeks so I'll check out the eggs, carefully.

1 hour ago, lyndarra said:

On last years' tour of Qatar, Israel, Jordan and Turkey I had no problem getting fried eggs any way I wanted them. But bacon???? Not a scrap.

I'll be in Italy in a few weeks so I'll check out the eggs, carefully.

Watch out for the Italiano eggs, probably full of garlic, yuk.

18 hours ago, brian1 said:

Many of the ships and hotels use the liquid egg in a carton for their scrambled eggs and omelettes, Brian.  Probably safer than the real thing.

Edited by NSWP