Mens Haircut

weregoingcruising

5 hours ago, PTC DAWG said:

That’s not bad for cruise ship prices...IMHO

Agree...that's not too bad, and quite comparable to what I pay at home.  That said, I have an appointment booked for the Saturday before we leave on our cruise, then I don't have to worry about it, and I know who's cutting my hair.😀

Thanks oneputt

6 hours ago, PTC DAWG said:

That’s not bad for cruise ship prices...IMHO

I agree but the prices for other services are quite high . 

BEARD TRIM EXPRESS $47 | $35* BEARD TRIM/SHAVE $88 | $66* HAIRCUT $34 | $26*

HEAD SHAVE $57 | $43* MUSTACHE OUTLINE $16 | $12* STRAIGHT RAZOR SHAVE $68 | $51*

$68 for a shave ? Wow!

Crazy prices.  At home, with the senior discount, I pay $16 for a haircut and $8 for a beard trim.  Course, my local Great Clips is a little different than a cruise ship, I guess.  Lol.   

PS: Never made an appointment for a haircut in my life.     😁

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I was on the Reflection last week on a sea day and had to get a hair cut as I was going to work right after. It was $42.50 for a men's haircut (I'm guessing they add service charges to it). The bill was written on a piece of paper instead of the computer so really no way to tell what the break down of it was.

On 10/17/2019 at 11:22 PM, ldubs said:

Crazy prices.  At home, with the senior discount, I pay $16 for a haircut and $8 for a beard trim.  Course, my local Great Clips is a little different than a cruise ship, I guess.  Lol.   

PS: Never made an appointment for a haircut in my life.     😁

I use a local barber gal, I don't trust the folks at great clips with my locks.  Beard trip not needed, they sell razors where I live.  No appt needed.  🙂

Edited by PTC DAWG

We have had haircuts while aboard and were very impressed with the haircut.   We chose to have it done on a port day.   There are certain hours that you get the Port Discount but they waived it when they had to reschedule us due to crew drill.   I believe it was about $25 plus an automatic 20% tip added on top.

1 hour ago, PTC DAWG said:

I use a local barber gal, I don't trust the folks at great clips with my locks.  Beard trip not needed, they sell razors where I live.  No appt needed.  🙂

I don't get my hair "done" and, sadly,  I haven't had what I guess you would call "locks" for a few years.  Just a number two clipper and bingo I'm done.   I typically use a trimmer for the beard, but occasionally like the luxury of having it done.  They do a much better job shaping, especially when it is longer.   

On 10/17/2019 at 1:09 PM, weregoingcruising said:

What is the cost of a mans haircut aboard ship. D you ever get a haircut off ship in port?

The crew tell me that they pay $5.00 for a haircut by one of their own, and they all look well groomed.