Upgrade to Yacht Club Interior Room from Bella Experience

KRFriend

We are booked in a Bella balcony on the 11/24 sailing on the MSC Meraviglia.  The website says that all the Yacht Club balconies are sold out but they still have interior rooms available.  Is it worth it to upgrade to Yacht club interior room from a Bella balcony?

If you upgrade, you get the Yacht Club Restaurant and Lounge, and you can use the Yacht Club pool area as your 'balcony.'  If the main reason you need a balcony is to escape the crowds around the regular pools, this solves the problem and adds better food.

4 hours ago, KRFriend said:

We are booked in a Bella balcony on the 11/24 sailing on the MSC Meraviglia.  The website says that all the Yacht Club balconies are sold out but they still have interior rooms available.  Is it worth it to upgrade to Yacht club interior room from a Bella balcony?

This is “a no-brainer”.   If you can grab an inside YC...GO FOR IT!!  The two experiences are like night and day.  As our host says...let the pool deck be your balcony...and what a great balcony it is!!  

11 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

If you upgrade, you get the Yacht Club Restaurant and Lounge, and you can use the Yacht Club pool area as your 'balcony.'  If the main reason you need a balcony is to escape the crowds around the regular pools, this solves the problem and adds better food.

I could not have said it any better....so re-iterate the words of Host J.

Edited by hamrag

8 hours ago, CGTNORMANDIE said:

This is “a no-brainer”.   If you can grab an inside YC...GO FOR IT!!  The two experiences are like night and day.  As our host says...let the pool deck be your balcony...and what a great balcony it is!!  

Absolutely, it is the experience that does it for YC not the cabin type!

Just be aware of the limitations of YIN cabin. There is a good reason they are so much cheaper than a balcony cabin. 

Check out Youtube to see if the lack of clothes space and the terribly small bathroom will satisfy your needs before you jump.

• Like 1

We’ve sailed Fantastica balcony on MSC Sinfonia.  What I saw on YouTube of YIN cabin looks like a very similar setup.  Granted, there is much less closet space than in other YC cabins, but still very manageable. 

As posted above, YC experience is really the clincher. Indeed a no-brainer, IMO. 

I just came off the Meraviglia In a Bella balcony. Knowing what I know now I would do YC upgrade Interior in a heartbeat. The level of service is just THAT different, which I find a bit disturbing. But you will probably have no issues enjoying your cruise in YC.

21 hours ago, KRFriend said:

How much? YC will be a better experience, but whether or not it is 'worth it' depends on how much they are trying to charge you.

I personally wouldnt pay more for any inside cabin than a balcony even if it is in YC , we book a cabin with a balcony for the idea of being able to sit out in our private space and relax in peace, and have fresh air in the cabin.  Even on winter cruises ive sat out on the balcony and the best feeling each morning  is pulling back the curtains and stepping out to see the day.

But that is my personal opinion and we have been very happy with Non YC cabins and Non YC areas on the ship 

We have always managed to find quiet areas on the Main ship to relax as in the picture so we dont even need the YC pool deck 

SO OP only you can decide if its worth the extra money 

112.JPG

• Like 2

11 hours ago, mickey89 said:

Just be aware of the limitations of YIN cabin. There is a good reason they are so much cheaper than a balcony cabin. 

Check out Youtube to see if the lack of clothes space and the terribly small bathroom will satisfy your needs before you jump.

I would not care if I had to keep some of my clothes in my suitcase under the bed.  It would be worth it just to be in the YC.😁

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, CGTNORMANDIE said:

I would not care if I had to keep some of my clothes in my suitcase under the bed.  It would be worth it just to be in the YC.😁

We all have different standards, it is definitely unacceptable to me.  I suggested the OP does a little research to understand the pros and cons before deciding.

We are booked in the YC for the 1/31 cruise and are excited.  We did an analysis comparing a Celebrity Sky Suite factoring in all the benefits on both.  The Sky Suite was 33% more costly with less venues to visit (S Class).  In May when the YC gets comped internet it will offer everything X does but laundry at a much better price.  And from the YC Reviews, the Butlers are pro active and cannot do enough for their guests.  In time X will lose a lot of top cruisers to MSC.

• 2 weeks later...