Latest Platinum " Gift "

AHS123

14 hours ago, tallnthensome said:

Yes, they thought long and hard before issuing another platinum gift worth 50 cents. Not sure how much that counts ..... if for anything. Terrible ......  Crap like this is why people should sail multiple cruise lines and not be 100% dedicated to a line offering crap to its platinum guests which is essentially worthless. 

Somehow I really doubt anything they offer would change your sailing preference.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Luckiestmanonearth said:

Do they still give gifts for Platinum cruisers on a 3 day cruise?  

We’ve never done a 3 day but snuck one in at the end of a Florida land vacation

We have only did one, it was after the program started but to be honest, I cannot remember. Someone here will chip in I am sure.  

2 hours ago, nofocruiser said:

We don't cruise for the gifts either, but the nightlight and tervis cups were the best ones we received.  I would have to say the worst gift was the Crocs visor.  Those things were terrible, we tried to turn them back in to guest services and they wouldn't take them.  We ended up giving it to our granddaughter, she loved it. 

That's pretty sad.  And even worse, you'd get fined for throwing them overboard!

We are thankful for the gifts.  We are platinum on two other cruise lines (in addition to CCL), and I promise you we’ve never received gifts from them.  Yes - CCL is cutting costs, but so are the other lines.  Just another sign of the times.  But we cruise on as it’s what we absolutely love to do!  Life is too short not to do what you love!  Be thankful that you can cruise.  

• Like 2

To be honest, I don't want a bunch of crap. The amount of lanyards and other promotional stuff I have been given in my life is mostly worthless clutter. I think Carnival had some very nice gifts before with the tumblers, blanket, and headphones where people complained before (as per usual), but miss it now.

I think the gifts need to go away. At least for Platinum, and maybe they do something a littler nicer for Diamond. I'd love to see them give couple of extra drink vouchers with Platinum and above (or maybe like a $10 discount for each drink given towards Cheers).

• Like 1

Google the prices of custom printed soft vinyl luggage tags like this (with multi-color printing too), and you'll quickly come to the realization that this likely cost Carnival less than $1 each, but certainly no more than $2 each. I bet the lanyard cost them more.

Yep, they listened. 🙂  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Luckiestmanonearth said:

Do they still give gifts for Platinum cruisers on a 3 day cruise?  

We’ve never done a 3 day but snuck one in at the end of a Florida land vacation

Just got back from my first 3 day cruise in many years and was surprised that I did receive the platinum gift, the lanyard. Took off the plastic holder and it was a nice ribbon type lanyard.  I believe that they are just going to phase out these gifts, too hard to make everyone happy.  Do other cruise lines gift their loyalty passengers with gifts also?

4 hours ago, Joebucks said:

To be honest, I don't want a bunch of crap. The amount of lanyards and other promotional stuff I have been given in my life is mostly worthless clutter. I think Carnival had some very nice gifts before with the tumblers, blanket, and headphones where people complained before (as per usual), but miss it now.

I think the gifts need to go away. At least for Platinum, and maybe they do something a littler nicer for Diamond. I'd love to see them give couple of extra drink vouchers with Platinum and above (or maybe like a $10 discount for each drink given towards Cheers).

Are you diamond?

It is profoundly disappointing to see the rapid decline in value in platinum and diamond loyalty gifts. Just give me a coupon for a free alcoholic beverage without any strings attached. That will be fine. There is a really good chance that giving me a free drink will stimulate me into buying several more and Carnival will come out ahead. Everybody is happy.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, CanTex said:

Google the prices of custom printed soft vinyl luggage tags like this (with multi-color printing too), and you'll quickly come to the realization that this likely cost Carnival less than $1 each, but certainly no more than $2 each. I bet the lanyard cost them more.

Yep, they listened. 🙂  

They likely bought at least a million - that's still a lot of bucks to spend on ingrates.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Tampa Bay Irish said:

It is profoundly disappointing to see the rapid decline in value in platinum and diamond loyalty gifts. Just give me a coupon for a free alcoholic beverage without any strings attached. That will be fine. There is a really good chance that giving me a free drink will stimulate me into buying several more and Carnival will come out ahead. Everybody is happy.

And all the people who bought Cheers howled in unison. 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, jimbo5544 said:

Lots of sadness, esp people griping over a gift.  

I think they should just eliminate the gift. No matter what the gift is people whine about it. With the increasing number of Platinums, eliminating these gifts would save Carnival money and eliminate all the negative publicity associated with pretty much every gift these days. 

• Like 5