My favorite food item on a Regent Cruise is....

JC in CA

15 hours ago, Kwaj girl said:

Might be mayo/yogurt base - will ask tomorrow at breakfast

Add me to the list of people drooling over that chickpea pancake’s picture and description! That is so up my alley. I’m an omnivore, eating meat yes, but eating more vegetarian dishes than the average. My question is that your picture is Compass Rose, but can I get that chickpea pancake for breakfast in La Veranda?

17 hours ago, Kwaj girl said:

Might be mayo/yogurt base - will ask tomorrow at breakfast

Harissa sauce has a sour cream base (but not heavy), chili paste, Sambal Oelek, paprika, sun dried tomatoes  and cumin.  Only available in Compass Rose, not La  Verandah.  Made to order so don't be in a rush when you go to breakfast

1 hour ago, Kwaj girl said:

Harissa sauce has a sour cream base (but not heavy), chili paste, Sambal Oelek, paprika, sun dried tomatoes  and cumin.  Only available in Compass Rose, not La  Verandah.  Made to order so don't be in a rush when you go to breakfast

I'm surprised by this - plant based dishes shouldn't contain dairy products as they are deemed to be 100% suitable for Vegans.

When I ate this dish on Voyager a couple of weeks ago I didn't believe it to contain cream. Are you - or the person you asked - sure that it is cream ?  Or maybe it is a non dairy alternative ? 

And yes - like you - we found we had to be a little patient when ordering it as it takes a little while to prepare.     

11 hours ago, machotspur said:

I'm surprised by this - plant based dishes shouldn't contain dairy products as they are deemed to be 100% suitable for Vegans.

When I ate this dish on Voyager a couple of weeks ago I didn't believe it to contain cream. Are you - or the person you asked - sure that it is cream ?  Or maybe it is a non dairy alternative ? 

And yes - like you - we found we had to be a little patient when ordering it as it takes a little while to prepare.     

More than likely it was some sort of vegan "sour cream" make from cashews.

J

There are to-o-o-o many excellent dishes to consider.   IMO, it comes down to what you want immediately after coming onboard;  The Pool Grill Hamburger - Medium Rare - with Cheddar Cheese - Tomato - Lettuce and Mayo.  With a toasted bun, Hot French Fries and a Pickle spear on the plate.   Don't forget the draft beer and an alfresco table in La Veranda overlooking the stern.  

Food is clearly very subjective.  Oddly, for me, I actually LOVE the Escargot in Chartreuse.  Go figure.  😜

But I also have to say that everything previously mentioned (that I tried) is fantastic, and I'd like to add the Porcini Crusted Salmon.  I absolutely loved that too!  

Actually our only Regent cruise was 44 nights.  I can only think of one or two meals that were just "ok," the rest were great.  And I only repeated a few things, the Porcini Crusted Salmon and Miso Glazed Sea Bass being 2 of them.  

Ahh..... can't wait... we go again in June!  Thanks y'all for making me hungry and dreaming about the upcoming cruise.  😎

Edited by papaflamingo

6 hours ago, cruiseluv said:

Do thy serve the Miso glazed sea bass in Compass Rose too? 

1 hour ago, Silver Sweethearts said:

Correct us if we're wrong here, but we believe that black cod is what is used in Pacific Rim and Bass is used in CR.

Yes, it is Cod in Pacific Rim; Sea Bass in Compass Rose on SSS night (or special order with 48hrs notice for other nights)

Clarify something for me.  Is the chickpea pancake a savory dish or is it a sweet breakfast pancake.

I've got a GF DH and I'm always on the lookout for GF dishes.  Regent does a great job with his food limitations.  That's one of the main reasons why he's enthusiastic about traveling with Regent.

On our recent 12 day, my wife ate Dover Sole seven times: twice at Prime 7, once at Chartreuse and four times at CR. She was "forced" to eat black cod the two times we ate at Pacific Rim. Setti Mare and the Pool Grill don't serve either of them, so she was out of luck those nights.

• Like 2

On 10/31/2019 at 10:12 AM, orvil said:

Clarify something for me.  Is the chickpea pancake a savory dish or is it a sweet breakfast pancake.

I've got a GF DH and I'm always on the lookout for GF dishes.  Regent does a great job with his food limitations.  That's one of the main reasons why he's enthusiastic about traveling with Regent.

VERY savory!  I posted a photo on Facebook (RSSC SOCIAL CLUB)