Why is there such a big difference?

jbethel11

The price of an OV Balcony on Symphony of the Seas is $217pp more than a CP Balcony. On Harmony of the Seas the difference is $13pp. On Allure of the Seas the difference is $80pp On Oasis of the Seas it is $24pp. These are all for sailings within a day of each other August 29th and August 30th, 2020. I know pricing trends are unpredictable, but has anyone ever experienced this, and seen the pricing decrease?

Obviously demand can keep it at that price.  You're a numbers person just like me and that's why I haven't booked a trip yet for our family on the Symphony.  Think our year might not be until 2022-2023 😎

Edited by KelSny1011

• 1 month later...
2 minutes ago, jbethel11 said:

Then why couldn't you answer my question originally? I asked if this was fictitious, and you made it seem as if it weren't.

I have no idea if Sir Branson is serious with that - it could very well be, given how differently he is marketing VV.

4 hours ago, luv2sailAgain said:

According to Sir Branson's site, pre-order online for $50.  Deliveries start April 2020.

Awesome. I'm adding it to my Christmas list.

Can't wait to spray the inside of my car so my morning commute will remind me of the open seas....except it will be a sea of red brake lights as I inch my way to work in bumper-to-bumper traffic.

16 hours ago, HBE4 said:

Awesome. I'm adding it to my Christmas list.

Can't wait to spray the inside of my car so my morning commute will remind me of the open seas....except it will be a sea of red brake lights as I inch my way to work in bumper-to-bumper traffic.

Oh, so it can be used as a room spray too? Nice!

On 10/25/2019 at 4:05 PM, jbethel11 said:

The price of an OV Balcony on Symphony of the Seas is $217pp more than a CP Balcony. On Harmony of the Seas the difference is $13pp. On Allure of the Seas the difference is $80pp On Oasis of the Seas it is $24pp. These are all for sailings within a day of each other August 29th and August 30th, 2020. I know pricing trends are unpredictable, but has anyone ever experienced this, and seen the pricing decrease?

Typically the newer the ship the higher the fare-  Yes, have experienced price drop.  You should check a few times a week and easy to get the reduced rate via the cruise line or TA,  Sometimes it is just supply and demand.  We are in a Crown Loft suite and the L1's were actually at one point higher then the L2's, which weren't located in a prime area.  We had a L2- so I quickly moved to an L1 without any price increase!    Go figure!

Wow only $13 difference. I always see it at least a few hundred dollars different. I will always pay the extra for ocean view balcony. I love sitting out watching us pull into port in my PJs in privacy. I am not one who wants to be in an apartment with zero privacy. Closing my shades all the time and opening them to view other balconies is not my idea of being on a ship.