Electronic Guest Survey

CanEcosse

I found it amusing that, after 10 days of inundating us with multiple daily flyers advertising all sorts of sales and offers, Zuiderdam announced on the last "When & Where" that the Guest Survey was now fully electronic "to reduce paper usage". Presumably the head-office type who wrote that has not been on a cruise lately.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

19 minutes ago, CanEcosse said:

I found it amusing that, after 10 days of inundating us with multiple daily flyers advertising all sorts of sales and offers, Zuiderdam announced on the last "When & Where" that the Guest Survey was now fully electronic "to reduce paper usage". Presumably the head-office type who wrote that has not been on a cruise lately.

It’s ridiculous the amount of “crap” in the mail boxes.    Just beware of the survey-if you travel after, we’ve found we can’t do it when we get home as it expired.  You’d think they’d give you a month after your cruise to do it.

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, canadianbear said:

It’s ridiculous the amount of “crap” in the mail boxes.    Just beware of the survey-if you travel after, we’ve found we can’t do it when we get home as it expired.  You’d think they’d give you a month after your cruise to do it.

100% agree with your comment.  When I travel far enough away from my home to vacation, I usually do so for an extended amount of time that exceeds the HAL time limit for completion of their online after cruise surveys.  I am not connected to the internet during that time period.  That's doing something different while I am on vacation as compared with my daily routine.  My guess is that those of the generations younger than me who are employed by HAL as their tech gurus have never considered this possibility.

I'd enjoy completing a survey.  More often than not, it would be quite positive with whatever constructive criticism I felt was deserved.  Please, don't remind me that I could send a snail mail letter to President Ashford.  I have done so in the past when I felt my experience warranted such an effort and the postage to do so.  

1 hour ago, CanEcosse said:

Most of the crap comes from concessions, not HAL proper. I believe HAL charges the concessions for printing the stuff.

We disembarked from Eurodam last Saturday and I thought the amount of paper we received was significantly reduced from previous cruises.  I don't think there was more than one most days.

The 'when and where' was significantly reduced in size and with the Navigator App, I found that we rarely even looked at the paper version.  We found everything we needed on the app.

I did appreciate the single concise flyer with the port information for every port we were visiting that was in the stateroom at embarkation.  We found that very handy throughout the trip.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, sevenseasnomad said:

Very few days before the survey expires, almost as if HAL believes all its passengers have memory challenges.  We now understand that we have to complete the survey almost as soon as we disembark.

i know, right?  i dont get home sometimes for a week afterward, and that survey has an expiration date to it. i get a longer time to complete a survey at work, let alone a survey i want to complete on my leisure time LOL

• Like 1

I have posted on the survey that they expire too soon, for the very reason that if we travel post cruise we can't fill one out. Maybe more people should complain to head office or fill out one of those forms they have on the ship. 

• Like 1

We just got off 20 days on the Nieuw Statendam. The reduced paper load was one thing I commented on. There was very little throughout the cruise. Definitely not close to 1 piece every 2 days (not counting the When and Where) We did still need the paper W&W since my Navigator app glitched 3 or more times. 

It would be great for people doing back to back cruises, if they were given computer time onboard to complete the survey for the first leg.  By the time you end your cruise, the first survey has expired.  Alternatively, continue to hand out paper surveys to those doing B2B itineraries.

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, ger_77 said:

It would be great for people doing back to back cruises, if they were given computer time onboard to complete the survey for the first leg.  By the time you end your cruise, the first survey has expired.  Alternatively, continue to hand out paper surveys to those doing B2B itineraries.

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

Good point.  We are doing an upcoming back to back and the promo we booked under we get internet.  I’ll make sure I watch for the survey and complete it on board.  

We just returned from a week on Nieuw Amsterdam. There was way too much junk mail in the room every day.

On the other hand, we were happy to see the daily onboard newspaper go from 4 or 6 pages to 8 pages and not unhappy that the New York Times connection to that daily newspaper has apparently been discontinued. The paper was more news and no editorial. It also had the crossword.

Rumor has it that the printed newspaper will eventually go by the wayside in favor of putting it on the in-room televisions...again in the interest of saving paper. Personally, I'm not too happy about that possibility.

6 hours ago, DFD1 said:

Rumor has it that the printed newspaper will eventually go by the wayside in favor of putting it on the in-room televisions...again in the interest of saving paper. Personally, I'm not too happy about that possibility.

I won't be happy about it either, if it comes to pass. I don't want to have to go to my cabin just to read the morning paper. 
And I don't want to have to go to the ship's computer center to read it on-line, either. 

8 minutes ago, RuthC said:

I won't be happy about it either, if it comes to pass. I don't want to have to go to my cabin just to read the morning paper. 
And I don't want to have to go to the ship's computer center to read it on-line, either. 

I agree.  It's not just HAL or other cruise lines, but many other companies don't understand that some of us are not as technology connected as others.