Central Park Balconies on Harmony?

We’ve had a Central Park balcony on Harmony twice and absolutely loved it.

We enjoyed sitting on the balcony listening to the bird sounds during the day and found it extremely peaceful nice greenery views we really had no issues with people looking into our stateroom from over the way and in the evenings would chill out there for a while listening to the excellent soft guitar music that was being played.

We think they are excellent value and our favourite bar the Trellis bar is also on Central Park.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We had one. Wife loved sitting out and watching people walk thru the park area. Music, sounds, all were nice. Never had a problem with noise.

Fellow cruisers across from you do have a line of sight to your cabin. Close the drapes, when needed.

Would book again without thinking twice.

Enjoy.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On the Oasis last year me and my girl friend were debating between the central park balcony and the boardwalk balcony, we're a young couple in our 20s and so we ultimately decided boardwalk and i was not disappointed. it was fun sitting on the balcony watching the kids play, watching people walk around the shops and such, also the aqua theater was on the back of the boat and we could easily see the shows they did there from the balcony. we did go attend the one aqua show to see it better but saw them a few times practicing. also most nights when there wasn't a show they had a movie on the big screen back there which i enjoyed 45 min of with a cocktail while the better half got ready for dinner 🙂 this year we are going on the adventure so we don't have the option of these but next time on one of the big ones we're going to do central park, and with these other reviews it seems i wont be disappointed !  

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Califonria cruiser said:

We are going on Harmony June 2020 and wondering what people thought of Central Park balconies? Is it nice to hear the sounds? Can you see greenery? Is it nice to sit on the balcony?

Any thoughts?

Jenn

Less air circulation in Central Park, so it can be very warm out on the balcony.

• Thanks 1

I have had them a few times.

We use the balcony mainly for drying swim suits, cloths & storage of shoes, misc items.

It also serves as a door between our cabin & our kids cabin.

We get a high floor,  during the day you get noise from the pool area which I like.

Rarely do I see anyone sitting out on there balcony across the way.,  there is nothing to see

Except a wall of balconies.

8 hours ago, Norwich Cruiser said:

We’ve had a Central Park balcony on Harmony twice and absolutely loved it.

We enjoyed sitting on the balcony listening to the bird sounds during the day and found it extremely peaceful nice greenery views we really had no issues with people looking into our stateroom from over the way and in the evenings would chill out there for a while listening to the excellent soft guitar music that was being played.

We think they are excellent value and our favourite bar the Trellis bar is also on Central Park.

Ditto.  We now book CP exclusively.  Love the bird sounds in the day and the greenery.  Love love the music drifting up in the evenings and the cricket sounds when the music stops, the twinkly lights.  Sitting on the balcony is so relaxing.

We were nervous at first to book one because of all the 'people can see in your room' comments.  I found that to not be true.  I have yet to see anything that would make me rethink my choice of a CP cabin.  

Op, you will love CP if you do choose it.  Grab a glass of wine before dinner and enjoy it on your balcony.  I guarantee you will be all relaxed when you head out to eat.  

Edited by tinkertwo
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

We had one 2 years ago when we sailed with our Niece (22) and her daughter (2 at the time). The little one loved hearing the

"birdies" in the morning. We also just used our balcony to connect the 2 rooms that we had booked and dried our bathing suits on them. We didn't really use them that much. However, in 2 weeks we will back on her for a B2B, we have a boardwalk cabin and we will see if we like that any better or not.

Edited by GEORGIEGIRL
spelling error
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We had a CP balcony for 2 weeks on Harmony in September on deck 12.  Lots of noise from pools during the daytime especially when the pool band was playing.  My husband likes to take a nap in the afternoon and, even with the door & drapes closed, it was never quiet enough to nap. 

Sherri🙂

• Thanks 1

We did a B2B on Allure on deck 11 in a CP. We loved the quiet at night--just like home. It is exactly like being in a highrise apt across a park from another. 

The plants are pretty to see, and the birds, too. I didn't know they had live birds before our trip, but learned quickly when one hopped across my stomach at lunch at the cafe on embarkation day!

We took some clothespins to hang our drying clothes on the bachs of the chairs. Suggestion: a clothespin to close the curtains is important if you want to keep out the light at night.

We did enjoy it, but we actually won't do it again. I love watching the ocean in the morning while DW sleeps. This left us feeling too much separation from the sea. Regular balconies from now on!

Edited by mayleeman
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

My niece and I were in a CP balcony back in September, when Dorian made our seven-day cruise a three-day cruise.  There’s not much air circulation within the Central Park area, and with the summer weather, it got rather warm on the balcony. But I had packed a small battery operated fan in anticipation of this, and it was nice in the morning and in the evening. On our first night, there were some people hanging out in the children’s pool area just across from us, SCREAMING until about 1:30 in the morning. This was very disruptive. We were not really close to the area where the live music was, although we had a nice view looking down over Central Park. 

If I were to book a CP balcony again, I would find a location closer to the area where the live music was, and maybe one deck lower. I would also choose to cruise in one of the cooler months. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

After reading all these posts.  I may try one of these some day.  
but I really love the peacefulness of the balcony facing water/ocean 

seems these to much of a chance for noise with an inner balcony.  
guess we’ll see soon enough.   
but not on my next trip. Jan 2020 I’ve got an ocean balcony.    

Edited by Ptroxx

Had a CP balcony on the first Allure TA Eastbound for her first dry dock. Really enjoyed the atmosphere of the CP balcony. We were deck 12. Could easily hear the bands poolside during the day. Could also easily hear the entertainment in Central Park, usually a more subdued live musical performance with stringed instruments, in the evenings. Often, CP in the evening has few people. On the TA, didn't find the area to be too hot...but could see how that might be the case as it was finally warm in Malaga after making the crossing...but the warmth was a blessing. I felt that the CP balcony had a good mix of feeling interactive with the ship during the day and more peaceful in the evening.

I've booked one on Harmony for DH's first Oasis class sailing. Thanks to reading these boards, I was able to snag one of the last "double-wide" balconies for our Feb 2020 back when booking it. Very much looking forward to spending time on that balcony with the lounge chairs!

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Book a cabin that ends in 229 or 629

They have massive balconies

I just snagged one for the Harmony TA in October 2021

I’m so glad I read this! Been waiting for Harmony TA to be released! I was looking for the Spring Eastbound one though...found it and booked it today! There’s still doublewides available but decided to go for a BW for the first time...got one of the last balconies! I’ve read the reviews about these and I’m excited to give it a go! 

• Like 1

So this is kind of a different strokes for different folks. 

We have stayed in everything from Owners Suite  to inside balconies (Board walk and Central Park)  Of that offering, Central Park is our SECOND favorite category of room.  As Bob stated, there is a bit less air circulation (But you can crack the door to fix that as a SHORT TERM solution - 😜)  We did like the music and people watching.  We did sit out on the balcony and have a few glasses of wine and just relaxed.  Great place to read.  All in all, not bad...really.  

But in the end, and for OUR final analysis, we go on cruises to A: have fun and B; see the ocean... so we really like outside rooms with balconies...the best...and with our bed closest to the sliding door to get that great breeze and ambient noise while sleeping.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

I discovered the extra wide balconies in those cabins ending in 229 and 629 via an online video when we had Allure booked for a cruise next year. We ultimately changed the Allure cruise to a Harmony cruise and booked the same cabin ending in 629 with hopes that the newer ship still had those extra wide balconies because I couldn't find anything for that ship on the same website I found the other video. Glad to hear Harmony still has those extra wide balconies, thank you!

3 hours ago, Anita Latte said:

I’m so glad I read this! Been waiting for Harmony TA to be released! I was looking for the Spring Eastbound one though...found it and booked it today! There’s still doublewides available but decided to go for a BW for the first time...got one of the last balconies! I’ve read the reviews about these and I’m excited to give it a go! 

Seems like the westbound cruises book quicker, especially when they are coming back from being Amped

11 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Seems like the westbound cruises book quicker, especially when they are coming back from being Amped

I agree. I’ve been watching the bookings and there is usually more availability eastbound longer...with some great deals late for anyone who isn’t too picky about their stateroom. This eastbound isn’t online for booking yet...or wasn’t last time I looked. On Royal’s site, Harmony has no sailings in April...you have to call in.

2 minutes ago, Anita Latte said:

I agree. I’ve been watching the bookings and there is usually more availability eastbound longer...with some great deals late for anyone who isn’t too picky about their stateroom. This eastbound isn’t online for booking yet...or wasn’t last time I looked. On Royal’s site, Harmony has no sailings in April...you have to call in.

I found it online, then texted my TA

On 11/18/2019 at 9:59 PM, John&LaLa said:

We have one of those double-sized balconies on Allure.  Looking forward to it.  

Booked this Harmony 10/31/21 TA the day after returning from the Brilliance TA. Originally booked a CP balcony on deck 10 but with all this talk about the larger balcony cabins, switched to 12229. Will I regret moving to deck 12?  Is this definitely one with the double wide balcony? And anyone know the bed position. The Rep at Royal said it’s in the middle of the csbin😳😂