2021 Canada & New England now bookable

AtlantaCruiser72

HAL has loaded the 2021 Canada & New England cruises. Amsterdam and Zaandam appear to repeat their 2020 patterns. Rotterdam will arrive to Boston in August to do 3 r/t 17 day Canada and Greenland sailings before doing several Boston/Montreal 10 night sailings in September/October which appear different than the traditional itineraries HAL has offered in past. No sign yet if another ship will arrive for the normal fall 10/11 day cruises or if the Rotterdams new itineraries are replacing them. 

Zaandam has a gap from Jul 17th to August 21st that would seem to indicate she will do the Voyage of the Vikings again in 2021. 

Edited by AtlantaCruiser72
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, RuthC said:

Oh, those Rotterdam sailings are exciting! I could get very, very interested. 
Thank you so much for the information. 'Shopping' starts this afternoon! 

Thanks to the alert from AtlantaCruiser we checked out these offerings and on Monday will book one of those August Rotterdam sailings.

Ruth, for years I've appreciated your experienced and 'gentle' advice.  I'd sure like to say thanks in person on the Rotterdam.

Ruth

1 hour ago, Been There, Planning That said:

Ruth, for years I've appreciated your experienced and 'gentle' advice.  I'd sure like to say thanks in person on the Rotterdam.

Thank you for saying that. Right now, it's a definite maybe! 

31 minutes ago, Been There, Planning That said:

And that's the week we plan to book on Monday.  I just may get to meet you in person.  Ours will be a special birthday celebration.

Ruth

Yippee! And Happy Birthday (well in advance). 

We have been looking at sailing the New England/Canada region for some time - have explored via land somewhat, but in looking at this Greenland option, which I never considered, what would be your key reasons for taking this itinerary vs the traditional if you had done neither? I am seeing some real interest in this more unique itinerary from these comments so I hope it’s okay to ask here on this thread. 

32 minutes ago, KAKcruiser said:

I like the idea of the Greenland itinerary but I wonder why they don't also stop at Iceland since it is fairly close.

My guess is that with their annual Voyage of the Vikings and multiple European sailings that include Iceland they don't want to poach from those. 

3 hours ago, KAKcruiser said:

I understand what you are saying.  But, while I would love to do a Voyage of the Vikings, it is just too long for me.  And, I don't want to fly to Europe to do a one way transatlantic.  A shorter round trip Boston to Greenland and Iceland would be ideal.

No reason to do a one way transatlantic. HAL offers a 14 day northern isles itinerary round trip Rotterdam than includes the British Isles and Iceland. It can be combined with Norwegian Fjord sailings for a 21 day trip. 

19 hours ago, jertom said:

Looks like Amsterdam finishes up Oct 22, 2021 at Ft Lauderdale. That seems to rule out a Grand Asia for that year.

If they want to have a "Grand" that fall, I suppose the only thing there would be time for is Med. 

On 11/24/2019 at 3:07 PM, RuthC said:

"My" cabin is available on the August 12 cruise, so I have a hold on it. Got an email off to my TA asking how we proceed from here. I am so excited about this itinerary!  

We may be joining you on this cruise.  Will book next month while on Veendam.

14 hours ago, Wehwalt said:

If they want to have a "Grand" that fall, I suppose the only thing there would be time for is Med. 

It would make sense as there was no Grand Med this year or Next year.

As far as a Grand Asia - Volendam is in Alaska for summer 2021 and could easily do a Grand Asia if they want to offer one.

On 11/23/2019 at 10:12 AM, RuthC said:

Oh, those Rotterdam sailings are exciting! I could get very, very interested. 
Thank you so much for the information. 'Shopping' starts this afternoon! 

Yes, I have been hoping to see something like the 17 day itineraries, and with three of them, there should be good availability (and good prices).  I would prefer a Prins Christian Sund passage instead of all 3 of the Greenland ports.  

Looks like the R class ships have found their summer homes.  They fit well IMHO the ports up there better than the larger.