ZOE. Your pointless virtual assistant

welshy74

I am intrigued to know if any MSC cruisers have anything positive to say about ZOE?   Personally I think MSC has wasted a lot of money on a pointless bit of plastic.  It could not answer any questions without directing you to customer service or the info on the TV.  

I would love to hear stories of how ZOE enhanced cruise experience. 

37 minutes ago, perakcruiser said:

Nobody expected ZOE will work from the beginning. Let´s wait and see, maybe in two years it will be a nice extra. 

But of course.  Why would a cruise line implement something that really works?  Makes sense to spend money on useless things and then more money marketing the new useless thing :).

Hank

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, Até said:

Don't underestimate the usefulness to the cruise line of having a legal microphone in your cabin.

My dad is convinced this is the purpose.. you can’t even switch it off at the mains..  hmmm....  

Off-topic: Privacy is long gone since we use cellphones, notebooks with mic & camera, ‘smart’ TV’s, ‘smart’ Refrigerators, voice recognition devices and surveillance cameras.

We live in a world of a ‘70s science-fiction movie. Too late to reverse the technology advances of the last 20 years.

...just my 2 cents... 😉

• Like 1

When I first saw Zoe in my cabin on the Grandiosa last week I decided it wasn't what something I wanted & so pushed the button on the side for a few seconds to turn it off.

The white led bits went out so I assumed that the machine was off.

Welshy74 are you suggesting it might not have really been off and still could listen to conversations in the cabin ?

2 minutes ago, number5 said:

When I first saw Zoe in my cabin on the Grandiosa last week I decided it wasn't what something I wanted & so pushed the button on the side for a few seconds to turn it off.

Welshy74 are you suggesting it might not have really been off and still could listen to conversations in the cabin ?

MSC and the government will of course deny this – and when has either one ever lied to you?  Does it fit in the safe, or the mini-fridge?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

MSC and the government will of course deny this – and when has either one ever lied to you?  Does it fit in the safe, or the mini-fridge?

Put the Ice bucket over it ... 😂

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, number5 said:

The only way you can be sure is to cut the power.. all you are doing is putting it to sleep.   Of course there is no proof but I would have liked to have the option.   

13 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

Ain't it the truth!  That's why I only use Apple products and have switched to DuckDuckGo as my search engine. But am I really safe – who knows?

In the book 1984 perpetual surveillance was forced on the populace.  In real life 2019, people eagerly line to buy the latest and greatest perpetual surveillance equipment.

23 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

Ain't it the truth!  That's why I only use Apple products and have switched to DuckDuckGo as my search engine. But am I really safe – who knows?

and here I thought I was the only on here using duckduckgo- it’s amazing what the google monster scrubs.