Medical marijuana

Pookie092403

22 hours ago, CptAleSpill said:

Wow.  Now "dope" causes cancer?  The hits keep coming.    Somebody just made that up... 

do you have access to the google machine?

do your own research. come to your own conclusions.

On 10/7/2022 at 12:23 AM, UKstages said:

on which data are you basing this conclusion?

the fact is that secondhand marijuana smoke contains most of the same cancer-causing particulate matter and toxic chemicals as secondhand tobacco smoke, plus a few bonus ingredients, such as tetrahydrocannabinol, which can give you a "contact high" without your consent.

While there's definitive evidence that ties smoking cigarettes to lung cancer, you can't say the same about marijuana. While some studies have shown it increases the risk, there are significantly more studies that show absolutely no ties. At BEST you could claim conflicting results. Did you know there's studies out there that can prove that drinking water causes cancer?  This is why I typically take a larger number of studies than just a few and tend to side with the majority. And in this case, the majority show no links.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, IronRobi said:

While there's definitive evidence that ties smoking cigarettes to lung cancer, you can't say the same about marijuana. While some studies have shown it increases the risk, there are significantly more studies that show absolutely no ties. At BEST you could claim conflicting results. Did you know there's studies out there that can prove that drinking water causes cancer?  This is why I typically take a larger number of studies than just a few and tend to side with the majority. And in this case, the majority show no links.

And which studies were those?   Because you know sometimes people just like to use terms like “studies” and “research” without actually having read any of it, and just try throw verbose alphabet soup in everybody’s eyes just hoping nobody has an actual abstract to counter their argument.  

Not sayin’ that’s you, just sayin’.  

Since you said “there’s studies out there” it could really make your case to link to two or three of them.  Especially since you claimed to have access to “a larger number of studies”.  

• Like 1

On 10/7/2022 at 12:16 AM, CptAleSpill said:

Wow.  Now "dope" causes cancer?  The hits keep coming.    Somebody just made that up... 

The research on long-term impact of marijuana only smoking is poor.  The research which has been attempted has had issues with a significant number of participants also smoking tobacco.  However, there is some research linking testicular cancer to marijuana use.

Regardless of the Marijuana debate, whether you have a script for it not not, it’s prohibited on NCL cruises.  More importantly, it’s a drug offense in the ports and carries significant penalties (including jail time) if you possess it.  Believe it or not, some areas have some pretty significant penalties for possessing it.

Why risk that?  To be blunt, if you can’t live without it, then don’t cruise.  You can complain about it, whine about it, but you aren’t going to change it.  And, trying to make your case here isn’t going to help one iota.

BTW, I have a Medical card.  So, I can buy it at dispensaries.  So, I’m not a prude about any of this.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, MotownVoice said:

And which studies were those?   Because you know sometimes people just like to use terms like “studies” and “research” without actually having read any of it, and just try throw verbose alphabet soup in everybody’s eyes just hoping nobody has an actual abstract to counter their argument.  

Not sayin’ that’s you, just sayin’.  

Since you said “there’s studies out there” it could really make your case to link to two or three of them.  Especially since you claimed to have access to “a larger number of studies”.  

Just hit up pubmed, there's 300+ studies on it that you can happily read to come up with your own conclusion.

But here's a good one that pretty much says exactly what I did.

Effects of marijuana smoking on the lung - PubMed (nih.gov)

Here's one that lists 6 "well designed" studies that shows no links to cancer

Marijuana and Lung Disease - PubMed (nih.gov)

There's lots. But like I said, if you look hard enough you'll find studies that show a link between water and cancer. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, graphicguy said:

To be blunt, if you can’t live without it, then don’t cruise.

appreciate the pun here, whether intentional or not.

2 hours ago, IronRobi said:

Just hit up pubmed, there's 300+ studies on it that you can happily read to come up with your own conclusion.

There's lots. But like I said, if you look hard enough you'll find studies that show a link between water and cancer. 

you seem to be disregarding the studies on pubmed that say that the data on cancer causing agents in marijuana is limited or the data is corrupt, as others have said.

as for studies showing "a link between water and cancer"... there are studies that show that drinking water from plastic bottles may cause cancer, that impurities in water supplies may cause cancer, that lead in water may cause cancer. and that's no different than the toxins in marijuana smoke causing cancer. marijuana itself doesn't cause cancer... when you burn it, cancer causing agents and toxins are released... they cause cancer.

• Like 1

On 11/25/2019 at 12:17 PM, Beer Belly said:

I take pain meds that are considered a Narcotic. Am I going to have issues with bringing them on board ?

Make sure they are in the original bottle and just to be 100% sure check with each country being visited.

I take a med that is illegal in Japan I found out doing some research.

I found this there are 2 drugs that are approved and it might work for you they are the only actual prescription  drugs.  A quick check found that one was approved for use in Spain so I would  "assume" for the EU but check each country for any controlled meds you may take

Is medical marijuana available as a prescription medicine?

The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has not approved the use of cannabis as a treatment for any medical condition. However, the FDA has approved the cannabinoids cannabidiol (Epidiolex) and dronabinol (Marinol, Syndros).

Cannabidiol can be used for certain forms of severe epilepsy. Dronabinol can be used for nausea and vomiting caused by cancer chemotherapy and for anorexia associated with weight loss in people with AIDS.

On 11/25/2019 at 7:26 PM, Turtles06 said:

As others have said, no, just be sure to bring them in the Rx container with the label (which is a good practice when you are traveling with any prescription drug, narcotic or not). 

Why would I need to have my non-controlled Rx in the original container?  Has this been a problem for anybody?

Along the lines of "how can someone ban a prescription medicine (aka prescription weed)" those of us who are taking prescriptions that aren't weed and are going to Dubai would be well advised to have a look at this website, which lists 373 prescription meds that can't be brought into Dubai

https://dubaiofw.com/banned-medicines-in-uae/

We're all entitled to our opinions about what laws are stupid and should be changed, but unfortunately there are consequences for lawbreaking, even for breaking laws we consider stupid, unfair, unjustified, etc.

24 minutes ago, erdoran said:

We're all entitled to our opinions about what laws are stupid and should be changed, but unfortunately there are consequences for lawbreaking, even for breaking laws we consider stupid, unfair, unjustified, etc.

I'm pretty sure that everybody here already knows this.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, erdoran said:

Along the lines of "how can someone ban a prescription medicine (aka prescription weed)" those of us who are taking prescriptions that aren't weed and are going to Dubai would be well advised to have a look at this website, which lists 373 prescription meds that can't be brought into Dubai

https://dubaiofw.com/banned-medicines-in-uae/

It's misleading to say 373 prescription  meds as there are only about 175 distinct medications listed. The list has multiple lines for many medications because it lists each  banned dosage on a separate line.

21 minutes ago, njhorseman said:

It's misleading to say 373 prescription  meds as there are only about 175 distinct medications listed. The list has multiple lines for many medications because it lists each  banned dosage on a separate line.

Fair enough. I copied the number off their website. I’ll rephrase -aLOT of prescription meds. 

• Haha 2

On 10/6/2022 at 7:08 AM, Laszlo said:

Curious what would you do if someone was drunk? I've seen many more obnoxious drunks on cruises than people stoned. 

Interesting.  I was posting about the topic that was being discussed. My response to that topic remains the same. Thanks, and enjoy your weekend. 

On 10/9/2022 at 12:49 PM, ChiefMateJRK said:

Why would I need to have my non-controlled Rx in the original container?  Has this been a problem for anybody?

Because unidentified pills in a baggy will cause the local authorities to pull you aside for at the  least a search through a PDR to see what you’re carrying, and at worst more invasive searches of your body.

Why disrupt your vacation for that kind of treatment??

You have no “right” to carry unidentified pills.

On 10/6/2022 at 12:49 AM, blueslily said:

I will gladly report anyone I see and smell using it. Cant stand the smell and it's just rude to he using it out there like that. I've reported folks at hotels and will gladly report folks on a ship. I dont get into debates with people about it. I just report them. 

Wow. It's legal here.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 10/6/2022 at 12:49 AM, blueslily said:

I will gladly report anyone I see and smell using it. Cant stand the smell and it's just rude to he using it out there like that. I've reported folks at hotels and will gladly report folks on a ship. I dont get into debates with people about it. I just report them. 

23 states have legalized marijuana. Another 15 states have legalization on the ballot in 2022. Since you have such a strong aversion to the smell, you may want keep this data set in mind when traveling in the USA :-D. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

44 minutes ago, BermudaBound2014 said:

23 states have legalized marijuana. Another 15 states have legalization on the ballot in 2022. Since you have such a strong aversion to the smell, you may want keep this data set in mind when traveling in the USA :-D. 

Oh, I thought this thread was about use on a cruise ship. And the specific post that I was responding to was about use in a public space on a cruise ship.  It is hilarious what people assume from my post. I see why posts go the way they do on this site. Take care. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 11/24/2019 at 3:22 PM, Pookie092403 said:

Are you allowed to bring medical marijuana on a cruise if you have a medical card/prescription for it! It’s in a vape pen. Asking for a friend!

As a medical marijuana user:

I always bring it on my vape and/or edibles - I have never been questioned.

I do not take it off of the ship in port - that is not a good idea.

I only vape in the smoking area - mine does not really smell like weed - nobody has ever questioned it.

In reality they don't have the equipment to test it - my vape looks similar to a tobacco vape.

Not at all interested in responses from "wahhhhh you're  breaking the rules pot is bad blah blah blah" - save your post for someone else

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, brad0576 said:

As a medical marijuana user:

I always bring it on my vape and/or edibles - I have never been questioned.

I do not take it off of the ship in port - that is not a good idea.

I only vape in the smoking area - mine does not really smell like weed - nobody has ever questioned it.

In reality they don't have the equipment to test it - my vape looks similar to a tobacco vape.

Not at all interested in responses from "wahhhhh you're  breaking the rules pot is bad blah blah blah" - save your post for someone else

WTH is a "tobacco vape"?