Encore / Live / Solo(*)- Dec 1-8-2019...

sid_9169

8 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

For ten bucks I'll put a towel on a chair for anyone sailing tomorrow...

IMG_20191207_192116.jpg

Stop!  Go to the Mojito Bar!  Get the spicy one!  Only a few can tolerate it, and I survived...

Safe travels home tomorrow.  Thanks Sid/Wilson/Food/Drink/P0rn guy.  LOL!

See ya next time 🙂🍹

• Like 2

Bong had a few minutes of downtime during his shift at the mojito bar. He was telling me how burned out he's become after all these years of 12 hour days, seven days a week... He's suffering from high blood pressure, and he says that sometimes he has trouble just making it through the day without passing out. He's been the rockstar bartender for NCL for a long time now, and I can just hear it in his voice, that he doesn't know how much longer he can continue at this pace. He showed me some pictures of a building that he developed in the Philippines, that he actually rents out apartments in. He showed me some pictures of his own private apartment, and all the gifts that customers have given him over the years.

A lot of people go on these cruises don't really consider the long hard hours that the workers put in for us each and every day... Sometimes I see how rudely passengers treat some of these hard working folks who are just trying to make a living. I always go out of my way to be kind and considerate and most of all, patient with these people who bust their hump so we can have a great vacation... To all the great men and women of the cruise line, I salute you.........

• Like 62
  • Thanks 1

No way you could let us down, mr. sid. 

Safe sailing and travels home to you, kind sir. 

Our first cruise ever was aboard the CCL Legend, 2006, out of NYC (en why see) on the exact same itinerary. We were total newbies without CC. San Juan, Tortola and St. Thomas. Seeing this trip through your experiences and posts here has been great.

thank you for all you have shared. 

Its been a pleasure and an honor to sail *with* you. 

Treat others the way you would like to be treated yourself. 

Amen my brother. 

~Robin

Edited by meatball_nyc
Damn spelling
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, OceanBlueWaters said:

Stop!  Go to the Mojito Bar!  Get the spicy one!  Only a few can tolerate it, and I survived...

Safe travels home tomorrow.  Thanks Sid/Wilson/Food/Drink/P0rn guy.  LOL!

See ya next time 🙂🍹

I had the Spicy Mojito at the Sugarcane Mojito Bar, and I did not like it at all. Sent the hubby up to get me a regular Mojito, I just couldn’t drink the spicy one. 

• Like 1

Sid, 

Been lurking since embarkation but wanted to say thank you so much for sharing your vacation journey with us. We set sail at the very end of May and am looking forward to a wonderful time. (Note to self don’t sit on the OL furnisher!). 

Safe travels tomorrow and hope to see another Live Sid review soon. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, blarko said:

OK, so feet are just gross in general BUT what’s the difference between sitting somewhere that people have put their feet on or somewhere that people have put their a$$ on (any public place you can think of including restaurants, airports, waiting rooms, etc)? Hopefully those couches are not fabric. And the pillows should just not even be a thing.

Agree with Greenpea, not the same.  When people start putting their bare a$$ on the couches and pillows, well then there will be no difference.  And if we get to that point in the OL, those pictures will be much more valuable.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Shidah said:

Agree with Greenpea, not the same.  When people start putting their bare a$$ on the couches and pillows, well then there will be no difference.  And if we get to that point in the OL, those pictures will be much more valuable.

We can agree to disagree on this 😀

How do we know people aren’t putting their bare butts on chairs and pillows?

l’ve seen plenty of clothed people whose butt cheeks and/or butt cracks are hanging out of their clothes. There’s not always necessarily two layers of clothes between the butt and the furniture.

Have you never sat on a chair and said “why is this chair all wet”? I have. 

Not trying to argue. Just my own opinion.

• Like 2

Thank you Sid - for sharing your time and the Encore, for keeping us entertained all week!  Now I'm in cruise mode again and only have the Bliss booked for May.  

Time for me to pull out the credit card and get an Encore booked pronto!

Safe travels Sid.  Happy Holidays!

• Like 1