Did I just screw up?

MarKandi

Is the $70pp Evenings at the Pinnacle package price offered online adjusted for 4* Mariner discount?
Seems like it would be a better value to wait to book dining onboard.

I just bought 2 of the packages....Forgot about the discount.

3 hours ago, MarKandi said:

Is the $70pp Evenings at the Pinnacle package price offered online adjusted for 4* Mariner discount?
Seems like it would be a better value to wait to book dining onboard.

I just bought 2 of the packages....Forgot about the discount.

On the packages no discount. I experienced that last year and you can read  it in the list of Mariner perks.  If you reserve in advance in the special restaurants one evening at a time you pay the full price and the reduction will be paid on you OBC after embarkation. The same applies to wine packages. And do not forget to remember guest service if you do not find the creditpost(s) after embarkation.  Enjoy your evenings in the Pinnacle.

30 minutes ago, oaktreerb said:

$70pp for Evenings at the Pinnacle?   Shouldn’t it be $35 pp for a total of $70 for two.  Is this a special dinner being offered in the Pinnacle?  How is it different from the regular Pinnacle dinner?

Pinnacle dinner is $39 per person now, and has been for a while. The package is such a slight saving as to be meaningless. 

4 minutes ago, RuthC said:

Pinnacle dinner is $39 per person now, and has been for a while. The package is such a slight saving as to be meaningless. 

Agree.

It a person is a 3 or 4* Mariner or above, they are much better off to book the individual dinners at regular pricing since they will get a better discount by way of OBC on board.

• Like 1

Pinnacle $ 39 per person. Package 2 evenings (to be sure: not persons) $ 70.  If a 3, 4 or 5 star Mariner a reduction applies to the $ 39 and not the $70. 

Edited by MAVIP
e=a

2 minutes ago, jimmy2x said:

Finally made 4*. Cruising with someone who is not. If I make the reservation, will the discount apply to the total cost?

If the person you are cruising with is on your booking number, then yes, that person will get all the benefits and discounts you are eligible for. 
However, if that person is on a different booking number, it is not likely that both of you will get the discount. The discount should not apply to the other person, but sometimes 'mistakes' have happened, and the discount has been granted. If that happens in your case, consider yourself lucky (and don't mention it!)

2 hours ago, RuthC said:

Thanks RuthC! For over 15+ years now I’ve  looked up to you for your experience, expertise, and replies! You’ve been on CC for quite sometime. 🙂

1 hour ago, RuthC said:

If the person you are cruising with is on your booking number, then yes, that person will get all the benefits and discounts you are eligible for. 
However, if that person is on a different booking number, it is not likely that both of you will get the discount. The discount should not apply to the other person, but sometimes 'mistakes' have happened, and the discount has been granted. If that happens in your case, consider yourself lucky (and don't mention it!)

Don't know if it depends on the ship or if the rules have changed, but in the past (4 months ago and last Christmas as well as other earlier cruises) we have gotten the discount for both cabins (parents in one cabin and adult daughters in the other) when I reserved  for 4 in advance and the cabins were linked for dining.

1 hour ago, oceanmom said:

Don't know if it depends on the ship or if the rules have changed, but in the past (4 months ago and last Christmas as well as other earlier cruises) we have gotten the discount for both cabins (parents in one cabin and adult daughters in the other) when I reserved  for 4 in advance and the cabins were linked for dining.

The rules haven't been changed, as they were always that the person eligible for the discount, and someone else on the same booking, got the discount, too, but it was not supposed to be extended.
It has been reported recently that the rule is being enforced more closely lately. 

4 hours ago, RuthC said:

16 hours ago, High Flyer said:

The discount will be applied to your "on board bill" as a credit.  I think it is better to buy in advance for your choice to times.  Enjoy.

I thought you weren't given a choice for dates/times and would need to make reservations once you get onboard. 

Edited by dobiemom

36 minutes ago, dobiemom said:

I thought you weren't given a choice for dates/times and would need to make reservations once you get onboard. 

When you purchase a dinner at the Pinnacle Grill, for example, you choose your reservation time.  When you purchase a package the reservation time is chosen for you and you find out about it when you board.  At that point you can make a change.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, *Miss G* said:

When you purchase a dinner at the Pinnacle Grill, for example, you choose your reservation time.  When you purchase a package the reservation time is chosen for you and you find out about it when you board.  At that point you can make a change.

If the reservation made for you just happens to be on a "Gala Night", you can get a lobster tail thrown in for free...We did the one time it happened to us.

10 hours ago, dobiemom said:

Correct if you are buying a ‘package’ or ‘special’ with reduced pricing.

If you book the reservations individually then you can select your time and date (and receive your Mariner discount on board by way of OBC).

• Like 1