What are your favorite things about MSC?

jdvmd

Seems like we are always hearing about the negative things. How about a thread that talks about positivity?

I sailed last month on the Seaside. Beautiful ship. Found so many innovative things onboard. I have been on about 80 cruises, all the lines.

A few of my favorite things:

*The self-serve dispensers for soft drinks, beer and red and white wine at the buffet.

*Games were played differently, which was kind of fun. Prizes were more substantial.

*No jackpot bingo announcements.

*Pizza is always great so was every lamb dish.

*Loved the outdoor spaces on the Seaside.

*Great value

*Hand soap dispenser in bathrooms

What are some of your favorite things about MSC?

• Like 3

I have sailed Seaside 3 times and the Divina once and have had great experiences all around.  Have sailed  several cruise lines with 150 cruises under my belt sailed so far.

A few of my favorite things:

*Great sized cabins and decor - felt more upscale

*Slides were a lot of fun - loved the tandem tube slide the best (Seaside)

*Loved the international passenger mix

*I found the overhead music they played at the pools enjoyable

*Seafood tower at the champagne bar was outstanding (Seaside)

*Minimal overhead announcements was appreciated

*Loved the overall feel of the ships and they were beautifully designed

*Excellent service all around

*I actually enjoyed the smaller portions at meals, I never felt overstuffed

Don

Edited by MILEMRKR63
  • Like 1

So far we only have a couple Sailings, all on Seaside, but we're expanding next year (69+ cruises on othrr lines, with majority on Princess and Celebrity).

We absolutely loved the design ans decor. Stunning ship. Ans the other looks just as glamorous and beautiful..

Love being able to book the Experience level we want and a la carte other things if we want to add them on or not. 

Loved the more continental European service style - not having waiters or bartenders in your face every few minutes trying to chat us up or buddy buddy is  in seemingly obvious attempts to up their tips was so refreshing!

Thoroughly enjoyed the food - particularly the appropriate portion sizes. Ans the lamb dishes were fab, as we're the pastas and risottos.  And the Marketplace Buffet on Seaside is huge - so much variety. 

Pizza!! Seriously the best at sea.

The shows!  Loved the Opera, the dance productions, the amazing contortionists and pole dancers, the gymnasts, just amazing talent, on a moving ship! Ans the fact that there was a different one every single night. Fab.

Loves not having food all over 24/7 and people just grazing all day every day. It was, aga, refreshing to not have food be the seeming primary focus of the entire cruise. 

Gelato!  Seriously, no need to say more!

On Seaside, Venchi. Those drinks and chocolates are amazing. 

The international mix of passengers. We're obviously in the minority in any cruise, but it was quite a joy to have such a wide mix of nationalities, it really added to our enjoyment.

There's more, by you get the idea.  MSc somewhat restored our love of cruising - probably somewhat because it's still new to us, but also partly because I love the different way they do things.  

We've got two more this year and have several in the works for next year.   

Enjoy!

• Like 2

I've only sailed in the Med with MSC, so this may or may not apply to US sailings. 

Dedicated gluten-free menu so I don't have to order the night before like on other lines. 

Dining room lunch even on port days (at least in the Med). 

Winter sailings in the Med when prices are lower, airfare is cheaper from US, and crowds are lower in the ports. 

Odd and different entertainment that was compelling to stay through. 

An increasing number of new ships. 

Great kids club hours on par with Disney and better than any other line. 

Great international mix of passengers. 

Great Cirque shows worth the surcharge. 

I've only sailed MSC in Europe and I've said a few time, when on the ship, we still feel like we are in Europe.

the ships are beautiful

the risottos

the fresh made mozzarella on the Bellissima

affordable drink packages

not in your face service

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sverigecruiser said:

Maybe people haven't cruised on MSC and want to see why other people like it?

This!

I booked my first MSC Cruise for myself, my sister, her husband and their 5 children on the Meraviglia for this coming Summer. But I like to be in the know, so am already checking this forum daily to keep up with things.

Oh and then I saw the Black Friday deals and have booked a 99pp 3 nighter on Preziosa with my best friend in April, which will be my taster ahead of Meraviglia in August.

• Like 1

We've only been on one cruise with them (next one starts in two days).

Favorite things so far:

1. Italian coffee

2. Italian gelato

3. Real Italian pizza

4. Pasta

5. International clientele

6. Great value

7. Elegant and beautiful ships

8. Friendly staff (but not over-friendly in that fakey, "I'm paid to be nice to you" way) 😄

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DCGuy64 said:

We've only been on one cruise with them (next one starts in two days).

Favorite things so far:

1. Italian coffee

2. Italian gelato

3. Real Italian pizza

4. Pasta

5. International clientele

6. Great value

7. Elegant and beautiful ships

8. Friendly staff (but not over-friendly in that fakey, "I'm paid to be nice to you" way) 😄

Will you grace us with a Trip Report?

2 hours ago, researchfreak90 said:

I would say that MSC is nice for the value but some of our favorite things are the public areas and the fact that the ships themselves dont feel as gimmicky as Royal or Carnival. We still Love Royal but MSC is Elegant but relaxed at the same time

Yes...elegant but relaxed puts it very well.  Most of the passengers are not American; they have a better sense of style and take pride in how they look.

• Like 2