Best Sale Ever Starts December 11th

azbirdmom

Just heard back from my TA, she was finally able to get through to Princess and I was able to book the PBP + gratuities for $30 per day.  So, on my 26 day transatlantic, I'm going to be able to have my cocktails and wine for 15.50 a day - yippee!!!

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, sun&sea said:

Second rep seemed totally cluesless!! How are you getting through to the Princess reps??? One hour 10 minutes WASTED. She insisted I had to refare. No such thing as add-ons. I asked for her supervisor. Then, after 20 minutes, she comes back and starts the same thing!!! My cruise is to capacity...NO, it's half empty!!! Blah, blah. This should not be this hard. Then I was transferred to customer service. Two minutes on hold, click. Cut off. 

Not happy at this point.

Janet

when i first phoned i was on hold for a half an hour and when they answered they couldn’t hear me and i was disconnected. Called back, got a rep after 25 minutes, and was then transferred to customer service to deal with my 3rd passenger issue and luckily not disconnected.

7 minutes ago, sun&sea said:

Second rep seemed totally cluesless!! How are you getting through to the Princess reps??? One hour 10 minutes WASTED. She insisted I had to refare. No such thing as add-ons. I asked for her supervisor. Then, after 20 minutes, she comes back and starts the same thing!!! My cruise is to capacity...NO, it's half empty!!! Blah, blah. This should not be this hard. Then I was transferred to customer service. Two minutes on hold, click. Cut off. 

Not happy at this point.

Janet

could the add on's be capacity controlled ?

5 minutes ago, voljeep said:

could the add on's be capacity controlled ?

Trust me, this person had no clue. She must have told me 10 reasons why I couldn't add on anything....we have never done that, you have a resident discount, etc. I read her the paper about it and she said, okay, I will cancel your booking and get you something through THE BEST SALE EVER!! At $500/pp more than I am paying. Crazy.

34 minutes ago, Daniel A said:

Try checking the voyage list to see if your cruise is included.  The sale only covers cruises sailing after March 26.

I’m bummed...our cruise sails 3/28/2020, 7 day western Caribbean but my TA says it doesn’t qualify.  I have 3 for free but wanted to just add the drinks and WiFi.  Oh well...it will save us money in the end since we are not big drinkers.  Just thought it would be fun to have the drink package for a change and at that price was willing to do it.  We’ll still get the unlimited WiFi and trade in our platinum minutes for the discounted price.

1 hour ago, rerepunim said:

Refared for Nov 2021 TA. Additional 300/pp covered gratuities and WiFi. Premium drink package is bonus. I usually get coffee and soda package (approx 188) so this is a great deal for me 😁

We are on the Enchanted TA in November, 2021...we got the same deal...yeah!

Edited by lola2013
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

44 minutes ago, Storm Monkey said:

I just spent over an hour on the phone with Princess. Could have waited to get the add-on but i had the time today and as we are close to final payment wanted to get it taken care of.

We have two rooms booked and i was able to add the drinks and wifi to room#2 with no issues as there are two adults in the room. However, our room has a third person - a child - and it caused some confusion.

I was told all three of us had to buy the add-on. I didn’t really want it for our daughter, she is only 4 yrs old,  but it is still a savings for us even with paying $25/day/X3. Basically we all get drinks and wifi for the same price of the one alcohol drink package we would have bought for my husband anyways. 

The problem was the booking system only showed wifi for my daughter since she isn’t old enough for the alcohol package. And it wouldn’t default apply the premier soda and coffee package. I was kept on hold and the rep kept coming back to apologize. In the end, she said that IT needs to add more lines in their reservation system and make a different code available for this to work. She manually added the premier soda and coffee package as a gift, and once their system is adjusted she will change the booking,.

she said there will be a delay on the email confirmations due to the large volume of changes and bookings with the sale. I see the ‘gifted’ soda package in our personalizer, but no reference yet to our drink packages even though the payments page does show our higher rate.

i will have to keep an eye on this.

Look at your travel summary. Mine shows up there 🙂

26 minutes ago, sun&sea said:

Not happy at this point.

Janet

Janet-

It looks like you're trying to do add ons to a prior booked cruise.  The cruise must be sailing after March 26, 2020 and the promotion doesn't end until Feb 29.  So, you have time to do the add on.  Don't get a knot in your knickers over this - give Princess some time to get their act together and try again next week...  Be Happy :classic_smile::classic_smile:

2 minutes ago, Daniel A said:

Janet-

It looks like you're trying to do add ons to a prior booked cruise.  The cruise must be sailing after March 26, 2020 and the promotion doesn't end until Feb 29.  So, you have time to do the add on.  Don't get a knot in your knickers over this - give Princess some time to get their act together and try again next week...  Be Happy :classic_smile::classic_smile:

Good advice!!! Don't worry, be happy!!!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, chamima said:

You DO know you can just add on the perks without regarding. 

Yes but we already have free Wifi for everyone (Elite) and at $25 a day to add the beverage package and (not needed) Wifi that would be $250pp -- for five of us that would be $1,250 as an "add on"! Believe me we couldn't drink $1,250 worth of drinks if we tried! So the add on's are definitely not a deal for us. 

Edited by rocklinmom

47 minutes ago, rerepunim said:

Look at your travel summary. Mine shows up there 🙂

Thanks! Yes I did that after I posted and it shows Everything there on the travel summary. I seem to always forget that option to view things and was looking under the different Cruise options tabs and in the payments window. 

9 minutes ago, tonit964 said:

I called and added the drink package & grats. Can someone please tell me where I can find these in my personalizer? I only see the grats listed but my fare indicates the $30 increase.

Go to Check In > Print Travel Summary > Print Travel Summary again > Special Services.

Just saw that Storm Monkey beat me to it!

Edited by capriccio
  • Haha 1

Well I am not a happy camper.  My TA who does a huge volume of bookings for Princess told me that the amenity upsell cannot be added to our two cruises because there aren't cabins available in our booked category.  Although they do not stipulate that this is the case, they are apparently applying rules as if it's a refare situation.  Grrrrr....

Edited by azbirdmom

3 minutes ago, azbirdmom said:

Well I am not a happy camper.  My TA who does a huge volume of bookings for Princess told me that the amenity upsell cannot be added to our two cruises because there aren't cabins available in our booked category.  Although they do not stipulate that this is the case, they are apparently applying rules as if it's a refare situation.  Grrrrr....

That's the same thing that was told to someone on our roll call.

Let’s do some math for the add ons..  My husband and I just got of the Princess Caribbean last month .  It was 14 days and we exchanged our 250 free minutes for unlimited internet for 4 devices at a total cost of $179.99.  That is $6.43 a person per day.  Gratuities are $462 for a $16.50 per day cost.  So for just internet and gratuities this equals $22.93.   With the add on of $25 at a $2.07 difference, this new deal add on cost would be $57.96 more for the two weeks.

I did the math for the drink add-on as well.  We always purchase the coke package because we are not huge alcohol drinkers.  The coke package is $11.79 per day.  To add in  the new drink add on cost to the above it’s $15 more.  ($25+$15=$40). $15-$11.79=$3.21 per person.   In order to drink an occasional alcohol drink  for the two weeks, that would cost us an additional $89.88.  

So, for an extra total cost $147.84-the only thing we would get out of the deal would be unlimited alcohol drinks.  

Not worth it to us. 

14 minutes ago, azbirdmom said:

Yep!  And I thought it was surely a mistake but that appears to be a rule they built in.  Sure hope that changes.

There aren't any cabins available in my category D4 but I was able to add it on.  The rate code I gave the rep to add drinks & grats is BEST2DG. I don't know the codes for the other options but they are a few pages back.

Call them again.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, azbirdmom said:

I noticed the "Cruises at capacity will be excluded" in the small print of the flyer but I interpreted that to mean for the entire ship not a cabin category.  If that is Princess' intention/interpretation they should have stated 'cabin categories (not cruises) or cruises and cabin categories at capacity will be excluded."

• Like 1