Best Sale Ever Starts December 11th

azbirdmom

17 minutes ago, Daniel A said:

One of the people on a roll call I am on just posted this statement about this promotion:

"I spoke to my TA  today she looked into it and she said if your category that your cabin is in is sold out you cannot get this promo  you would have to change to a different category of cabins."

It sounds like the TA is thinking about rules for refaring a booking as opposed to these upsells which is what the person on my roll call needs.  They have 3 for Free already and were looking for the PBP and Wifi upsell.  Has anyone else heard this?

The amenity add on guidance does not include any such restriction so I agree with you that they are thinking about refaring.  I don't think Princess has ever done anything like this before so it will probably take some time for TAs to become familiar with this.  I guess we will know tomorrow what is / isn't allowed!

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, azbirdmom said:

The amenity add on guidance does not include any such restriction so I agree with you that they are thinking about refaring.  I don't think Princess has ever done anything like this before so it will probably take some time for TAs to become familiar with this.  I guess we will know tomorrow what is / isn't allowed!

That's exactly what I wrote back to the other person!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ken the cruiser said:

What happens, for example, if your 3FF cruise fare drops after the BSE promotion ends and it makes economical sense to refare your booking thus losing your 3FF promotion. Do you also lose the BSE perk package or does it stay attached to your booking?

You lose it.  Thought I covered that.  Meant to.

Here is what I predict though.  This is going to be wildly popular and Princess is going to have similar add-on packages with future sales.

Edited by steelers36
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, Daniel A said:

One of the people on a roll call I am on just posted this statement about this promotion:

"I spoke to my TA  today she looked into it and she said if your category that your cabin is in is sold out you cannot get this promo  you would have to change to a different category of cabins."

It sounds like the TA is thinking about rules for refaring a booking as opposed to these upsells which is what the person on my roll call needs.  They have 3 for Free already and were looking for the PBP and Wifi upsell.  Has anyone else heard this?

Another TA that doesn't understand it yet.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BIGADORF said:

Does anybody know if you add on as opposed to referring, can you use the credit from a previous cruise that we had to cancel and received cruise credit? The cruise we cancelled had more credit than the one we rebooked.

thank you😁

The Add-On packages become part of the cruise fare.  Do not think of them like Cruise Personalizer items.  You don't  pay for them now.  You pay at final payment date so if you have a FCC on file from a prior trip you just apply that to your balance due.

2 hours ago, steelers36 said:

Not trying to "1-up" you here, but with that level of fare cost ($8500/pp presumably, including port taxes), I would expect a discount of more than $1700 (or $850/pp).  The more you spend (unless just a long cruise), the higher the amount of discount as there is a greater amount of commission fare to calculate from. 

Wouldn't surprise me at all. I was just using 10% as the highest figure I've seen bandied about here on CC. I don't book enough cruises or costly enough cruises to have an "in" with the big discounters. Some folks cruise a lot and book suites and such. That's not us.  I have a local TA who is good enough for me and let it go at that. 🙂

• Like 2

1 hour ago, azbirdmom said:

Sounds simple in theory.  And instead of losing commission with a refare situation, they increase their compensation.  Sounds like a win all around and I sure hope that's actually how it works out.

Might just be a new way of doing business - might help Princess and TAs. We cruised once with Celebrity and for three additional fees we could take three levels of perks like 1, 1+2, 1+2+3.

Separate but related I wondered about PBP, especially when they put the price up to $70. I thought PBP was always a close call even for those who drink moderately. I think $70 pushed it past the grunt level.

• Like 1

Looking forward to seeing pricing on this tomorrow...

As a travel consultant, I'm not sure what it so hard for some of the TAs mentioned on here to understand about this promo? The details received by my company were very straightforward and easy to grasp. If you're already booked and the price goes down, you can refare and get the perks offered on this sale (you will need to forego any current perks associated with other promos). If price is the same or higher, you can keep current booking (and associated perks from original promo) and add the new perks to your final fare price. Now, let's hope that there are no glitches so that it is as easy to do in practice as it is in theory. I have noticed both Princess site and Polar have been problematic the past few days....

• Like 3

Agree on the Princess site! I figured it was a weekend problem and would be resolved on Monday. What they say about ASSUME -ing!

I just want to look into Shore Excursions for booked cruise(s) and no-go.

To stay with the thread, however, my CVP says all is good for instating BEST2DW and BEST2DG respectively to my two current bookings. The only thing she didn't know was if the latter booking, made on the $1pp deposit Cyber Monday would require additional deposit $$; she said she wouldn't know until she could put the code in and see what the system told her. 

19 minutes ago, caddion said:

Can anyone explain why we don’t get sales like this in Australia. I’d just be happy with a free drinks package.

Hopefully you will. In the UK we never gets the deals the USA do, however this one starts in the UK on 20th December.so keep an eye out, you may get lucky.

14 minutes ago, bobstheboy said:

Hopefully you will. In the UK we never gets the deals the USA do, however this one starts in the UK on 20th December.so keep an eye out, you may get lucky.

That’s interesting, there might be hope yet, I’ll keep an eye out. Thanks for the heads up. 

I checked the new BestDealEver pricing that just came out, it is not a better deal for our situation. We already have the SipnSail deal with the Bev Package. The new price to refare is higher than the $25pp per day upcharge to include grats and wifi

grats are worth $14.50 per day, free wifi to us is not worth $10.50 per day per person. We are premium so get a few free wifi minutes and don’t need more than that

But I do like the concept of the all-inclusive as well as the concept of add-on pricing for current fares. I think this looks like a great promo if you don’t already have the Beverage package

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Daniel A said:

Maybe she is referring to re-faring to this promo as opposed to adding it to existing promos. Both are possible.

I also expect Princess's website to be over-loaded. Their website has been so unstable the past few days. Today will probably be much worse. Everyone be patient - this promo lasts for 2 months.

Edited by Coral
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, BoopTennis said:

I checked the new BestDealEver pricing that just came out, it is not a better deal for our situation. We already have the SipnSail deal with the Bev Package. The new price to refare is higher than the $25pp per day upcharge to include grats and wifi

grats are worth $14.50 per day, free wifi to us is not worth $10.50 per day per person. We are premium so get a few free wifi minutes and don’t need more than that

But I do like the concept of the all-inclusive as well as the concept of add-on pricing for current fares. I think this looks like a great promo if you don’t already have the Beverage package

I spoke with several (and my bookings) where we re-fared to Cyber sale this past week which saved a lot of money. Then we will do the $30 per day to add beverage package and gratuities. For this situation, there is a lot of savings in money. Again, we saved hundreds by going to Cyber Sale from Sip and Sail.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, palolake said:

I can't see anything about add ons when I go to the Princess site.  Is it only for certain cruises?  On ours, it lists the sale, not the add ons.

Hi Carol!!

The sale may not start until business hours California time.

And for add-ons I think you have to do that through a TA or Princess on the phone.

I contacted our TA Monday and she said the add-on code applied to our future cruises (that were booked with 3ForFree). It was $25/pp/day to add the drink package and wifi. 2 glasses of wine a day and we're even - anything past that and we're ahead.

Edited by chamima

24 minutes ago, Coral said:

I spoke with several (and my bookings) where we re-fared to Cyber sale this past week which saved a lot of money. Then we will do the $30 per day to add beverage package and gratuities. For this situation, there is a lot of savings in money. Again, we saved hundreds by going to Cyber Sale from Sip and Sail.

Yep, that's exactly what my sister and I did. Gave up sip and sail for several hundred $ decrease, got wifi, moved from balcony to mini, and now hope to add gratuities and drinks. Hope it works like we think it will!

Janet

• Like 1

Looking at the cruise I currently have booked.  It's $1,500 more than what I booked for, BUT when you start including all the perks, etc., that I currently do not have have, it's cheaper in the long run....

Now I need to figure out how to work with my TA to get this pricing & perks.