Monogramed Robes??

MaggieAtSea

We are heading on our sailing on the Summit in a PH before too long.... building anticipation among the family... saw photo of monogramed robes but now cannot locate on the board after several attempts to search.  Anyone have a snap of such they can share as I build up the family towards the daily countdown towards the sailing?  

Many thanks in advance!

8 hours ago, MaggieAtSea said:

We are heading on our sailing on the Summit in a PH before too long.... building anticipation among the family... saw photo of monogramed robes but now cannot locate on the board after several attempts to search.  Anyone have a snap of such they can share as I build up the family towards the daily countdown towards the sailing?  

Many thanks in advance!

Here are the robes we got on Equinox.  They may only be on Revolutionized ships, and Summit is one. You do have to let your butler know you want them and they will be given to you towards the end of the cruise. You have unmonogrammed ones for use in your suite.

Celebrity robes.jpg

• Thanks 1

We got two in PH of the Summit in late August,  but they weren't monogrammed.   Butler said machine was broke.  They appeared folded on the bed on day two, we didn't ask. Since they weren't monogrammed I asked if they were ours to take and was told yes.  There were also two hanging in closet,  same style robes. 

Edited by JFontaine

9 minutes ago, lmklimmek said:

I was just told by the pre cruise concierge that monogrammed robes are not being offered on the summit.  We sail next week. 

She told us that too (Equinox) but when I asked her to please check on that she came back and said they do but only upon request now as some folks were just leaving them.  If you're in a PH or RS I would ask your butler when you board.

When we were on Equinox (which has been Revolutionised) we asked about them following a query on my live report. We were told they are now only doing them ‘on request’ as many guests were leaving them behind. If I hadn’t requested I am unsure if I would have been offered....

As they are quite bulky I can understand them being left but they are actually quite nice.

Personally I think this should be one of the things that should be part of the pre cruise requests through the shoreside concierge. Much nicer to board and have them on your bed than have to ‘ask’. 

If Summit are no longer offering it looks like they are trying to phase them out...For those of us who have already got them probably no big deal but a little unfair for those yet to experience.

31 minutes ago, chemmo said:

Personally I think this should be one of the things that should be part of the pre cruise requests through the shoreside concierge.

I agree.  But either way, we are paying for them regardless of whether or not we want or use them, rather like all those unwanted and unused slippers they provide that many of us keep leaving behind cruise after cruise.

It would be better if they would provide a list of amenity choices and let us pick the ones we want, as they do with the perks. 

Or better yet, include a "none of the above" option at a reduced price.

• 1 month later...
46 minutes ago, Gordoncruickshank said:

I have been advised that these are only on the Edge and the Equinox. Does anyone have any other experience.

I had a feeling on Equinox when talking to the concierge and suite manager that they felt that the robes had been a bad idea owing to guests leaving them behind. I do understand the waste and guests not packing (they are quite bulky).

It wouldn’t surprise me in the least if they weren’t phasing them out either by not mentioning and only providing when asked or simply making a guidance they are only on certain ships...

You will be able to tell me if I should expect another one on Silhouette soon!

On 12/7/2019 at 11:05 PM, MaggieAtSea said:

Many thanks in advance!

We got them in a Royal Suite on the Equinox last summer- they are beautiful and we use them at home.  A great reminder of a great cruise!

I do not think that the Robes are available in children's sizes.   However they are beautiful and well worth over $100 each.  If packing is a problem, buy a light weight cloth suitcase in the gift shop,  and worth paying for an extra piece of luggage if you cannot fit in your luggage.  I have washed them a few times since our August Equinox cruise and they still look great.

Edited by Cruise a holic
  • Thanks 1

Fingers crossed for the newly revolutionised Silhouette. We're on her in an RS in July and hopping they are available.

#Gordoncruickshank#  we'd love it if you could post an update back here when you are on board 

Edited by groryjm
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Cruise a holic said:

I do not think that the Robes are available in children's sizes.   However they are beautiful and well worth over $100 each.  If packing is a problem, buy a light weight cloth suitcase in the gift shop,  and worth paying for an extra piece of luggage if you cannot fit in your luggage.  I have washed them a few times since our August Equinox cruise and they still look great.

We were in a Sky Suite on the Edge Inaugural and had leftover non-refundable OBC to spend at the end of the cruise. We asked our Butler if the robes were for sale and he said yes, but had to check on the price. He came back and told us they were $50.00 per robe. We bought 2 and he delivered new ones sealed in their original wrappings to us. So if you are in a Suite and would like to have them ask your Butler if they’re available for purchase. We think they are totally worth it.

Edited by C-Dragons

Great idea I just posted a question about trying to use on board credit to put a deposit on a cruise which we can’t do ! And we have $700 credit on  next year’s cruise and We have  always love the robes so we will be purchasing two to take home!!

• Like 1

I bought a robe when we were on Azamara and love it.  These look even nicer!  If we have some extra OBC maybe I'll ask about it on Edge.  Or see if someone in a suite wants to get theirs and pass it along for a little cash  🙂 

Azamara gives the same kind of robes in all cabins (the thick terry cloth) and I miss not having that in our balcony cabins on X.  I use the robe instead of a towel after I shower, and the cotton ones in the regular cabins on X just don't cut it!

8 hours ago, Gordoncruickshank said:

I was hoping that they would be on the Silhouette in two weeks time as it, like the Equinox will be revolutised (hopefully better than they did the Equinox).

They were not available in an RS on the Silhouette in November.