Shareholder benefit

NMTraveller

You can call Princess and they will email you a form, however a google search will produce one as well. You can submit the info without a form but I find it easier to use the form. Princess stopped allowing email submissions many years ago. Only fax or regular mail submissions are accepted.

No e-mail.  Info must be either sent in by regular mail or be faxed so the information you found is pretty much it.

You can either use a form or just send the needed information (cruise booking number, date, ship, etc) along with proof of ownership (page of brokerage statement showing the shares).

5 minutes ago, NMTraveller said:

Is there a form?  Also is there an e-mail address?  I could not find either.  The page I found was snail mail or fax.

Sail mail or fax are the only two options.  There is a form out there but I just compose a letter listing My sailing info: Date of sailing, ship. cruise number and booking number.  I then attach a copy of my current brokerage statement showing at least 100 shares with the account number redacted.  If you fax it, it takes a few hours for the OBC to show up.  I use snail mail and usually see the OBC in about a week.

7 minutes ago, NMTraveller said:

How far ahead can I send it in.  Their webpage says July 31 2020.  I have 3 that are booked.  But one is after July 31 2020.

Send it in anyway.  My experience is that Princess will accept them as long as all the info is provided.

• Like 2

There used to be a cutoff where they wouldn't accept them farther out than 90 days. They got rid of that requirement a while back. I have 3 booked for November/December next year and I sent in my Shareholder Requests months ago. They were accepted and the credit showed in the personalizer almost immediately. I didn't use the form this time. I just make a document with my Captain's Circle info, the cruise info, and my contact info. I include a screen shot (usually a Snip from Windows) that I past into the doc. Never a problem.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, NMTraveller said:

How far ahead can I send it in.  Their webpage says July 31 2020.  I have 3 that are booked.  But one is after July 31 2020.

33 minutes ago, hobbyfarmer2 said:

Send it in anyway.  My experience is that Princess will accept them as long as all the info is provided.

I was issued my shareholder OBC as a early as 500 days before a cruise as were all of my other requests over a year in advance.

The current form eliminated the valid dates to not have to update the form every year after it’s renewed each Spring.

As others have posted, it’s not required to use the form but it shows all of the information necessary to submit a thorough request to quickly have it issued.

Edited by Astro Flyer

2 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

We got our shareholder benefits posted last month to our Jan 2022 cruise. As folks have said, Princess used to be pretty strict as to when you could request them. But now there doesn't seem to be a restriction anymore.

Not too long after requiring payment for tours they responded to customers desire to have SOBC available to pay for tours which they’ve done.  Tours were available 22 months before our recently completed cruise & was able to use SOBC as payment.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, HRHMadonna said:

Could someone please refresh my memory?  Where on the Princess web site will I find my Shareholder OBC, Loyalty OBC, and OBC offer that came with original booking. The only OBC I can find is $50 for the FCC.

Thanks!

You can view them when signed in to your Cruise Personalizer:

• Shareholder & other types of OBC such as FCD, Travel Agent Group Promotion & Onboard Credit Promotions are located in the Payments tab under Credits.
  • Travel Summary under the Special Services section shows Loyalty OBC (about 5 days prior to sailing) and other things such as gifts purchased by a TA and Complimentary Gratuities. 

55 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

Myth or Fact?

Two people in cabin.  2 stock holders. 2 different addresses.  2 different Captain Circle numbers.  

CCL stock shareholders OBC = once or twice?

I believe it is one per stateroom. If it were two or more, then married couples should be allowed to each benefit from both owning separate blocks of Carnival stock. I know we would go out and buy another 100 shares in my spouse's name. That would be a no brainer.

Edited by Ken the cruiser
  • Haha 1

• 7 months later...

Lol. I went through this today.  I used the shareholder benefit for. Used Adobe Acrobat Pro to convert it to a fillable form, saved it. Grabbed the page of our statement that showed we own the CCL stock, combined them together as a PDF then used faxzero.com to fax it for free.

It would be nice if they had an online form with the ability to upload the stock ownership proof.