Is the Pride moving out of Baltimore?

Loyal Buckeye

23 minutes ago, Earthworm Jim said:

I did a search for future cruises out of Baltimore on Carnival.com, and it seems the Carnival Legend will be the replacement for the Pride.

correct. they are switching ships. both the pride and legend is a sprint class ship. the only difference is the decor

pride goes to Tampa, legend goes to Baltimore

Baltimore will become the new home to Carnival Legend beginning in November 2021, offering seven-day cruises throughout the Bahamas and Grand Turk.

Carnival Pride currently based in Baltimore, will shift to Tampa, providing exciting new experiences to your clients in these two important markets. While in Tampa, she will assume Carnival Legend's schedule of six, seven, and eight-day cruises beginning November 14, 2021. 

Having been on both ships, there are very few differences. I believe the Legend will be getting the Dive-In Movie screen during her dry-dock in 2021. Other than that, they are identical. If you can find it on the Pride, you can find it on the Legend!

Karen

57 minutes ago, Galatz said:

It seems like a silly switch, but I am guessing the mentality of it looks different will make someone book because its a different ship. Which ship doesn't really matter to us but I know it does to others

i think it either has to be a Spirit class ship or Fantasy class.

I’d take the Spirit class🙂

2 hours ago, Illbcruzn4life said:

i think it either has to be a Spirit class ship or Fantasy class.

I’d take the Spirit class🙂

The larger ships can't sail under the Key Bridge. The first time we sailed on a Spirit-class ship I wasn't crazy about the layout, but they've grown on me. 

I don't understand switching of similar ships either but Tampa also requires smaller ships to sail under the Skyway Bridge. Tampa is our homeport and I have little to no interest in sailing out of there after a few times of doing it. 

4 hours ago, Galatz said:

It seems like a silly switch, but I am guessing the mentality of it looks different will make someone book because its a different ship. Which ship doesn't really matter to us but I know it does to others

i am one of those people. if i had to choose a cruise with the same itinerary, i will go on a ship that i was never on before even through it might cost a little extra

On 12/26/2019 at 7:06 PM, shof515 said:

correct. they are switching ships. both the pride and legend is a sprint class ship. the only difference is the decor

pride goes to Tampa, legend goes to Baltimore

Not quite, Pride has the seaside theater and the Legend does not 

Does the Legend have the green slide like the Pride does?

Also, if I remember correctly, didn’t the Pride have to have a special anti-pollution modification of some sought to sail from Baltimore?  If my memory isn’t faulty, this would have been a few years ago, and why the Pride left Baltimore for a year or so.  I guess the Legend had this done also?  Or, is my mind playing tricks on me?

21 hours ago, Galatz said:

They are dry docking and making improvements.

On 12/26/2019 at 8:18 PM, yogibear said:

Having been on both ships, there are very few differences. I believe the Legend will be getting the Dive-In Movie screen during her dry-dock in 2021. Other than that, they are identical. If you can find it on the Pride, you can find it on the Legend!

Karen

Green Thunder?

On 12/27/2019 at 2:53 PM, Galatz said:

Like you mentioned there are a significant number of people who aren’t crazy about sailing on the same ship multiple times. I believe this is one of the biggest reasons why Carnival is constantly moving ships around. I live in the Tampa area and am surprised how long Paradise has been based in Tampa. 

On 12/26/2019 at 8:18 PM, PrincessArlena'sDad said:

If they are almost identical, why are they switching them? 

There will likely be different shows. Instead of moving shows to different ships, they move the ships around.

Actually I can tell you with my new page here.

Pride: Heart of Soul, Getaway Island, 88 Keys, and 80’s pop to the max

Legend: Studio VIP, Motor City, Epic Rock, and The Brits

Yep...a complete different set of shows for you.

https://saintgregtravel.com/playlist-productions/

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Thanks 1