Why can Royal spend much o millions on A Perfect day at Coco Cay, but still use blenders to do Frozen drinks?

cruzin76

5 hours ago, Bailey & Sophie said:

Ok...The biggest issue here is

WHY IS A HIGH SCHOOL MAKING PINA COLADAS?

Same reason we have coke Machines. They are both great flavors without alcohol. I brought this question up because I love a frozen drink in the hot sun. I have drank virgin frozen drinks many times on a cruise. There must be a way to make this a more enjoyable experience.

8 hours ago, cruzin76 said:

So you are saying blenders are the only way do make a good Frozen drink.

oh hell yes.  

I frequent 2 bars that have these machines you speak of.   one is strictly wine slushies and the other has one machine that is filled with whatever the bar manager's whim dictates during the summer.    they  produce bottom of the barrel quality drinks that are meant for the tourists  who want cheap and fast to walk down the boardwalk on the beach with.   they are a major B I T C H  to clean as well.  

a handcrafted drink at the time of purchase  is far better and worth the expense.  

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, cruzin76 said:

Same reason we have coke Machines. They are both great flavors without alcohol. I brought this question up because I love a frozen drink in the hot sun. I have drank virgin frozen drinks many times on a cruise. There must be a way to make this a more enjoyable experience.

A school has soda and frozen drink machines?! That’s healthy. NCL has the giant vats of frozen drinks, they are pretty gross.

2 minutes ago, cruzin76 said:

All questions are serious.I was taught there is no such things as a dumb question but lots of possibilities for dumb answers.

You were taught wrong.  It seems anyone who has been on a cruise and seen the space constraints of the bars would understand why there is no room for 20+ flavors of slushie machines.  Not to mention the quality of a handmade drink will always trump the pre-made concoctions from the machines.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, ray98 said:

You were taught wrong.  It seems anyone who has been on a cruise and seen the space constraints of the bars would understand why there is no room for 20+ flavors of slushie machines.  Not to mention the quality of a handmade drink will always trump the pre-made concoctions from the machines.

OK you are right it was a dumb question. Just like 30 years ago on my first trip to Coco cay and my wife asked is there a more perfect place then this?

51 minutes ago, cruzin76 said:

A better way to make what a more enjoyable experience?

57 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

30 years ago. Wow. One of the first to visit. What was it like back then?

Sorry, I meant 20. I need to proof read. Just like the title.of the post. Was supposed to Mucho. Less crowded, unspoiled scenery and hiking trails.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, cruzin76 said:

Sorry, I meant 20. I need to proof read. Just like the title.of the post. Was supposed to Mucho. Less crowded, unspoiled scenery and hiking trails.

Actually, I went back and looked (wiki), Royal bought the rights for Coco Cay in 87-88. So it was possible to have visited with Royal some 30  years ago. 

23 minutes ago, cruzin76 said:

Mango tango with or without alcohol

But that´s made with Island Oasis frozen mix - so no blender involved 😉 - same for the Pina Coladas. Nothing you can drink at all. A good Pina Colada is made of coconut water, fresh pineapple and coconut, some honey, some cinnamon and a good Cuban rum (yes, and some ice cubes).

steamboats