Swimsuit for Boarding?

SoFla_KJ

1 hour ago, Miaminice said:

While I would not like to see people boarding in colorful swimwear, here

for Caribbean I have seen many people boarding in colorful Hawaiian shirts blouses skirts etc.  to me it’s the same.  It’s a colorful pair of shorts/board shorts.  What’s the difference?  

43 minutes ago, davekathy said:

Don't stare and concern yourself with what others are wearing. Celebrity doesn't care. 

But that's not entirely true, is it?  Don't they say no (wet) swim suits in the buffet (or other places)?  I could be mistaken.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, zitsky said:

But that's not entirely true, is it?  Don't they say no (wet) swim suits in the buffet (or other places)?  I could be mistaken.

Wet bathing suits had absolutely nothing to do with the post I quoted. Only wearing swimwear during the check in and boarding. So as I said Celebrity doesn't care that their gusts wear swimwear when cheeking in and boarding. No matter how colorful the swimwear is. 

18 minutes ago, davekathy said:

Wet bathing suits had absolutely nothing to do with the post I quoted. Only wearing swimwear during the check in and boarding. So as I said Celebrity doesn't care that their gusts wear swimwear when cheeking in and boarding. No matter how colorful the swimwear is. 

Yeah, but you would want to be some type of clown to wear a swimsuit at boarding without shorts over them. Probably the same kind of person who wears a baseball hat in the dining room and bars

Edited by farawayatsea

I will say that, yes with the right clothing it could be suitable to wear at boarding.   Some shorts look stylish enough.  

No I don't think Celebrity cares what you wear at boarding.  Shirt and shoes should be required.

Edited by zitsky

26 minutes ago, farawayatsea said:

Yeah, but you would want to some type of clown to wear a swimsuit at boarding. Probably the same kind of person who wears a baseball hat in the dining room and bars

Real simple. We don't concern ourselves with what others are wearing during boarding or any other time during our cruise.  IMO, that's all on the cruise line and it's their call not your's, mine or anyone else's. If it's cool with the staff what someone is wearing at whatever venue so be it. Until this thread was started I never even knew and obviously never paid attention to what others are wearing when boarding the ship on embarkation day. We are way to caught up in the excitement at that moment and the anticipation of the fun ahead.  

So does it bother you when someone is wearing their swimwear when boarding the ship after a day of fun and sun on the beach? 

Edited by davekathy
  • Like 2

53 minutes ago, farawayatsea said:

Yeah, but you would want to be some type of clown to wear a swimsuit at boarding without shorts over them. Probably the same kind of person who wears a baseball hat in the dining room and bars

Thanks for the idea.  I think I have my clown costume from a couple of Halloween’s ago.  Just no face makeup might not be able to get a good pic  Like mentioned above  I don’t concern myself what others wear.  Why should it bother me. I’m going on a cruise to relax and have a good time but mainly relax.  And I don’t wear baseball cap to dinner or ocean view tho it is scary when I take it off In there after being out by pool.  Pool bar and sunset yes I’ll wear my hat.  

1 hour ago, zitsky said:

they also want you to wash your hands after using the lavatory, no caps in the MDR, no chair hogging,  use tongs in the buffet,  don’t directly fill water bottles,  no saving seats in the theater etc.....

Happy cruising. 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

57 minutes ago, miched said:

they also want you to wash your hands after using the lavatory, no caps in the MDR, no chair hogging,  use tongs in the buffet,  don’t directly fill water bottles,  no saving seats in the theater etc.....

Happy cruising. 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Happy?  With all those rules?  Can we keep the rule about baseball caps though? 🙂

Edited by zitsky

51 minutes ago, zitsky said:

Happy?  With all those rules?  Can we keep the rule about baseball caps though? 🙂

The point of the post was quoting someone stating that they had a rule about wet swim suits in the dining areas.  

It is just sarcasm  because the rules aren’t enforced and many ignore them.   It isn’t just on the ships but everywhere.

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

53 minutes ago, ipeeinthepool said:

I'm good if they drop the rule about ball caps in the MDR.  I wear my ball cap with my swimsuit when I board. 😉

I get around it by wearing my HNIC hockey cap.   It isn’t a ball cap.  They isn’t a ball in hockey. 🏒🤗

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Edited by miched

4 hours ago, farawayatsea said:

Board shorts look like regular clothing.  

2 minutes ago, zitsky said:

Some do.  But if they have flowers all over, they look casual.

Board shorts are what we  think of for surfing, paddle  boarding...

Yes,  they do come in longer styles but I could not resist the flag board shorts!

Time for new issues!