Swimsuit for Boarding?

SoFla_KJ

2 hours ago, cruisestitch said:

If it is just a red white and blue fabric, that’s OK. But if it’s an actual American flag, that does violate US flag code.  

A pair of swim trunks the same design as an American flag is not a flag it is simply a the representation of a flag. The same way a flag sticker on a car is not a flag, simply a representation of a flag.

And frankly I don't see the problem with wearing a bathing suits to board. I've seen kids in bathing suits as well as women in bathing suits with coverups boarding as well.  I've gone aboard in river shorts which are quick drying shorts that can be worn as a bathing suit. I've also see guys in flag shorts which could have been bathing suits for all I know. What's the issue?

Edited by mac66
  • Like 4

11 hours ago, jpc7734 said:

I don't see the problem, go for it, I'll be in the same swimsuit to board the Summit February 1st. Bring a change in your bag for lunch and enjoy your vacation.

Unless staying in a concierge class stateroom the MDR isn't open for lunch. Wearing swim trunks at the pool/mast grill and OVC is acceptable. Shirt required in the OVC also. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Globehoppers said:

Celebrity cruise ships are registered in Malta.  Its expedition ships in Ecuador.  Take your pick.

Captains are usually Greek.  Started as a Greek cruise line, Chandris, and the logo of X stands for the Greek letter C - chi.  EM

4 hours ago, G.M.T. said:

How disrespectful can one get by wearing an American flag as a pair of swimming trunks.

Show respect to your flag and all those who paid the ultimate sacrifice by returning home in a flag drapped coffin.

Take a deep breath, no one ever said “wear a flag as swim wear” 

As a veteran and retired USAF, this freedom of expression is exactly what I served to protect. As difficult as it can be at times, defending the view of those you strongly disagree with; is the ultimate display of democracy. 

FWIW, over 30 cruises between Celebrity and Royal, and I have always boarded in swim

trunks if embarking from a warm climate. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, SoFla_KJ said:

This!! 

Just to clarify to everyone, it’s not an actual American Flag. But red, white, and blue board shorts. But now he’s wearing Khaki shorts to board and still is heading to the pool. 

As long as he's wearing a shirt with them to board and be able to go into the buffet to eat (if he wants to do that), no problems. I'd suggest he pack a pair of dry shorts, pants, colored shirt and underwear in a carry on in case your luggage is delayed but the apparel to board is fine. Have a fun vacation. The fact that you asked shows your concern for the "rules." Have a fun cruise.

• Like 1

Wow...  surprised by all the emotions elicited by the OP's question.   It was a simple question and suddenly his Trunks have changed to Speedos etc, etc.  

Sure he can wear his Swim Trunks (regardless of design) and or Kahki Shorts to board and if he chooses have a swim.   I'm sure he will follow the same protocol as going to the pool on any other days. 

• Like 6

2 hours ago, not-enough-cruising said:

Take a deep breath, no one ever said “wear a flag as swim wear” 

As a veteran and retired USAF, this freedom of expression is exactly what I served to protect. As difficult as it can be at times, defending the view of those you strongly  disagree with; is the ultimate display of democracy. 

FWIW, over 30 cruises between Celebrity and Royal, and I have always boarded in swim

trunks if embarking from a warm climate. 

Are you defending poster’s point of view?  You seem to be disagreeing.  I bet no one on Celebrity will say anything anyway.

19 minutes ago, PhoenixCruiser said:

Exactly

Some of the responses are actually comical

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I agree with PhoenixCruiser...  Want an opinion just ask a question on cruise critic... very entertaining! Folks full of opinion and direction... Mother knows best! 

Enjoy your vacation! 

Edited by sayvan
  • Like 1

There is nothing on X’s website that restricts or has rules  what is required dress for boarding .      It is a fair question.   

He should just wear the bathing suit and flip flops.  That would assure no problem going thru the metal detector.   Would also make it easier for a pat down or strip search.

If more dressed like that the line would go faster.  

You should also dress the way that George Burns recommends.  He said that women dress to impress other women otherwise they would just wear a hat and sometimes  sunglasses.   🤗

Just curious, are you flying in the day of?   If so would he be wearing the same on the flight?  

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Edited by miched

It is truly amazing to me that someone asks a simple question about clothing and every single thread then descends to a bunch of judgmental posts and sarcasm. I think the OP has gotten her answers. Let's all just give her a break.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Luvcrusn said:

It is truly amazing to me that someone asks a simple question about clothing and every single thread then descends to a bunch of judgmental posts and sarcasm. I think the OP has gotten her answers. Let's all just give her a break.

Maybe some of us enjoy a little humor.   We can’t be serious all the time.  If you don’t want to add something, just ignore.

5 minutes ago, zitsky said:

Maybe some of us enjoy a little humor.   We can’t be serious all the time.  If you don’t want to add something, just ignore.

I wanted to add something and did. OP's boyfriend can wear his board shorts bathing suit and top. The rest is garnish. I've no dog in the fight as the saying goes. All good. Calm seas and happy sails to all.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, SoFla_KJ said:

My boyfriend wants to wear swim trunks when we board tomorrow so he can head straight to the pool. I said it’s not appropriate. This is an American flag swimsuit! He wants me to ask on CC if other people wear them onboard. I said bring a change of clothes and then put the swimsuit on. Thoughts?

My guess is  it is a loss of 15 minutes to take shorts off and put on a swim suit even if you have to go to a public restroom.  

Go get a drink first, then if not able to get into cabin,  change in a bathroom or wear shorts over swim suit.

Have a great cruise!

22 hours ago, SoFla_KJ said:

My boyfriend wants to wear swim trunks when we board tomorrow so he can head straight to the pool. I said it’s not appropriate. This is an American flag swimsuit! He wants me to ask on CC if other people wear them onboard. I said bring a change of clothes and then put the swimsuit on. Thoughts?

Wear the swim trunks. It's your vacation, not anyone elses. My husband and I wear ours under our clothes... Because the rush is to get to the hot tub with a drink in hand and start vacation asap!!! 🥂

• Like 1

10 hours ago, SoFla_KJ said:

This!! 

Just to clarify to everyone, it’s not an actual American Flag. But red, white, and blue board shorts. But now he’s wearing Khaki shorts to board and still is heading to the pool. 

Now that we understand he’s not wrapping a true American flag around his waist to use as swim trunks and it’s only red white and blue in color, you probably could have asked if it was ok to wear swim trunks that represented one of the following countries or territories that have red white and blue (in various shades) in their flag:

Akrotiri American Samoa Ashmore and Cartier Islands  Australia Bermuda Bouvet Island British Indian Ocean Territory British Virgin Islands Cabo Verde Cambodia Chile Clipperton Island Cook Islands Coral Sea Islands  Costa Rica Croatia  Cuba Czechia Dhekelia Dominican Republic Falklands Faroe Islands Fuji France Guam Haiti Heard Island Iceland Jan Mayen North Korea Laos Liberia Luxembourg  Montserrat  Navassa Island Nepal Netherlands New Caledonia New Zealand Norway Panama Paraguay Pitcairn Island Puerto Rico Saint Barthélemy Saint Helena Saint Martin Samoa Serbia Sint Maarten Slovakia Slovenia South Georgia Island Svalbard Taiwan Thailand Turks and Caicos Island United Kingdom United States wake Island

Den

Edited by Denny01

My only response is PLEASE make sure you are changed into dry clothes before Muster Drill - or do not sit on a plush seat if you must be in the pool until the last minute. It is a horrible feeling to be dressed for dinner or the evening and go into the theater (or other location where Muster is held) and sit down and discover upon sitting that some inconsiderate person sat there in a wet suit during Muster.

• Like 2