Things that we want P&O to INTRODUCE ...

Presto2

I'm one of those CC members who sometimes has a good moan about the things that seem to have disappeared from P&O cruises over the last 5 years or so.

Thought it was time that we had a thread where we suggest what P&O should introduce to make our cruising experience even better.

The rules are that we can't ask them to reintroduce something that has been taken away as this will turn in to just another good moan.

I would like to suggest 2 things for a starter:

Staffordshire Oatcakes to have with your cooked breakfast, or just on their own with cheese, bacon, sausage --- yummy

A departure port somewhere oopp North so that we don't always have to travel to Southampton and can make more use of the short breaks etc

:-)

• Like 6

What a  great idea! 

A wide choice of sandwiches in the buffet at lunch. 

More draft beers & lagers in a wider choice of bars (that's my  husband's gripe)

Heating/air con you can switch off

More sockets in cabins

Cathy

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Cathygh said:

What a  great idea! 

A wide choice of sandwiches in the buffet at lunch. 

More draft beers & lagers in a wider choice of bars (that's my  husband's gripe)

Heating/air con you can switch off

More sockets in cabins

Cathy

I was OK on Ventura with the beer as they seemed to have Peroni on draught in most of the bars, but it has been my gripe on other ships as you get the taste for a pre dinner drink, then have to change.. 

Kebabs in the late night buffet would be my suggestion... There would definitely be a queue... 

Andy

• Like 2

Keeping a second gangway open at lunch/early afternoon times when many of the coaches return at once. We have walked away from the queue several times to find something else to do whilst everyone rushes on board for lunch (We very much prefer to lunch ashore with a jug of something if the weather is appropriate)

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

I'm one of those CC members who sometimes has a good moan about the things that seem to have disappeared from P&O cruises over the last 5 years or so.

Thought it was time that we had a thread where we suggest what P&O should introduce to make our cruising experience even better.

The rules are that we can't ask them to reintroduce something that has been taken away as this will turn in to just another good moan.

Staffordshire Oatcakes to have with your cooked breakfast, or just on their own with cheese, bacon, sausage --- yummy

A departure port somewhere oopp North so that we don't always have to travel to Southampton and can make more use of the short breaks etc

🙂

Sailing from Newcastle would be fantastic.

Bring back late night toasties.

Loyalty discount like Princess which is automatically deducted in the shops and not after obc is used up.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

I would like to see new, minimum 32", TVs on Azura and Ventura, plus guaranteed Sky News and Sky Sports News channels on all ships.

Good shout John.

We have basically given up on the TVs except of course on Britannia. 

We did put the telly on briefly the other day and the only thing watchable was old reruns of keeping up Appearances which made me smile. 

Andy 

Shared tables in select restaurants in the evening, for solo passengers wishing to eat there in company.

As a solo traveller, I would like to eat in Sindu etc but do not wish to do so in splendid isolation. I suspect that others feel the same way. I would like to see a shared table available every evening at which solo travellers could book a seat. I accept that for practical reasons this would probably have to be at a fixed time.

Edited by Denarius
  • Like 12

Since P&O are looking to cut costs, not increase them (though it's academic anyway because it's highly unlikely anyone from P&O ever looks at forum posts) any suggestions would have to be cost-neutral at best.

Very difficult to think of much that could be done without additional costs.  I can think of all sorts of improvements (notably in what's offered to suite passengers) but they all cost money.

11 minutes ago, Denarius said:

Shared tables in select restaurants in the evening, for solo passengers wishing to eat there in company.

As a solo traveller, I would like to eat in Sindu etc but do not wish to do so in splendid isolation. I suspect that others feel the same way. I would like to see a shared table available every evening at which solo travellers could book a seat. I accept that for practical reasons this would probably have to be at a fixed time.

That's an excellent suggestion.  I'm not a solo traveller, but it makes a lot of sense to me.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Denarius said:

I'm surprised they don't already do this, it seems to make perfect sense. 

Andy 

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

Sailing from Newcastle would be fantastic.

Bring back late night toasties.

Loyalty discount like Princess which is automatically deducted in the shops and not after obc is used up.

The problem with Princess is their loyalty program discount of 10% for Elite is only for purchases in shops and does not cover drinks, excursions or photo gallery purchases like onboard P&O so you would not really benefit that much unless you purchased a lot from shops.

Edited by majortom10

22 minutes ago, Denarius said:

I agree.Saga can do it so why not P&O.

3 minutes ago, majortom10 said:

The problem with Princess is their loyalty program discount of 10% for Elite is only for purchases in shops and does not cover drinks, excursions or photo gallery purchases like onboard P&O so you would not really benefit that much unless you purchased a lot from shops.

That's true although they deducted our 10% Elite discount without being prompted.

P&O should deduct loyalty discount before obc is used up first.

14 minutes ago, Harry Peterson said:

Very difficult to think of much that could be done without additional costs.  I can think of all sorts of improvements (notably in what's offered to suite passengers) but they all cost money.

We have had a suite a number of times and whilst you benefit from a more relaxed breakfast option, extra cabin space, a decent shower and bath we have come to the conclusion that it's an unnecessary expense so we have now decided to go back to standard balcony cabins instead.

The Butler is no more use than the steward, who in our experience, has always been very able, we don't need help packing and so don't particularly find any benefit from a Butler. The daily canapes are very poor, the fruit bowl is rarely decent and better fruit is often found in the buffet, the fizz in your cabin on arrival is a nice touch but we bring a bottle (or two) with us anyway. Having MDR meals available on room service is okay but P&O standard room service is OK apart from that weird breakfast roll. 

8 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

That's true although they deducted our 10% Elite discount without being prompted.

P&O should deduct loyalty discount before obc is used up first.

Not being a great purchaser of items from shops much prefer the discount given on P&O to almost everything  even though you have to use any OBC first. But as I only usually get shareholder benefit on P&O it is free money anyway so not bothered.

16 minutes ago, Hampshire Steve said:

We have had a suite a number of times and whilst you benefit from a more relaxed breakfast option, extra cabin space, a decent shower and bath we have come to the conclusion that it's an unnecessary expense so we have now decided to go back to standard balcony cabins instead.

The Butler is no more use than the steward, who in our experience, has always been very able, we don't need help packing and so don't particularly find any benefit from a Butler. The daily canapes are very poor, the fruit bowl is rarely decent and better fruit is often found in the buffet, the fizz in your cabin on arrival is a nice touch but we bring a bottle (or two) with us anyway. Having MDR meals available on room service is okay but P&O standard room service is OK apart from that weird breakfast roll. 

I'd agree with you about the butler - it's essentially just something that sounds grand to attract the punters! And the canapes too - very poor.  We book suites mainly for the extra space and the breakfasts in the Epicurean.

11 minutes ago, majortom10 said:

Not being a great purchaser of items from shops much prefer the discount given on P&O to almost everything  even though you have to use any OBC first. But as I only usually get shareholder benefit on P&O it is free money anyway so not bothered.

Pauline bought several items in the shops on our November 18th Grand Princess Hawaiian cruise.

On P&O we always book balconies on select fares so get a good obc.

• Like 1

I'd like to be able to use my obc to prebook excursions.  If there are any excursions we especially want to do we will book before travelling to ensure we can get a place in case it's popular is sold out before boarding.  I'd prefer to use some of my obc for these.

Edited by kruzseeka
  • Like 3

36 minutes ago, Host Sharon said:

I agree.Saga can do it so why not P&O.

Yes Saga do, but the speciality restaurants on Saga are all included whereas on P&O they are an extra charge. That could possibly cause a problem.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Presto2 said:

🙂

Definitely a departure port somewhere oopp North though I can t see that happening and Derbyshire Oatcakes (I'm sure the ones they make in Staffordshire are almost as nice!)

Waiters serving tea and coffee to tables in the buffet at breakfast(Can t see that happening either but we have experienced it on other cruise lines)

Although P and O have taken away/stopped some things there is nothing that we really miss but if they were to take away the nightly chocolates that would be a different matter!

On a positive we have noticed that on most ships now they serve hot chocolate (milky from a jug) late evening whereas previously we had to ask and we were given a sachet to add boiling water to

• Like 1

Just now, ann141 said:

Definitely a departure port somewhere oopp North though I can t see that happening and Derbyshire Oatcakes (I'm sure the ones they make in Staffordshire are almost as nice!)

Waiters serving tea and coffee to tables in the buffet at breakfast(Can t see that happening either but we have experienced it on other cruise lines)

Although P and O have taken away/stopped some things there is nothing that we really miss but if they were to take away the nightly chocolates that would be a different matter!

On a positive we have noticed that on most ships now they serve hot chocolate (milky from a jug) late evening whereas previously we had to ask and we were given a sachet to add boiling water to

On Aurora and Oceana this year we had tea and coffee served by waiters in the buffet at breakfast, but not on Ventura. 

Hot chocolate was available on Ventura, but served reluctantly, but readily available on Aurora and Oceana. 

Andy