Diamond Plus Perk now Taken Away on Anthem!

yogimax

I recently posted that RCCL had removed Concierge Club Access for D+ on Rhapsody of the Seas  We will be on Anthem in a couple of weeks and today I got the same boiler plate nonsensical email from RCCL.  Concierge Club is now closed to D+ on Anthem.

This is difficult to accept as the CL on Anthem is one of the best in the fleet.  It encompasses the entire aft portion of the ship with wonderful views.  Now, we will be limited to the smallish Diamond Lounge and dreary Music Hall.

Why is this nonsensical?  First, we have been on Anthem numerous times and the CL has never been overcrowded.  Bayonne does not have as many D+ and Pinnacles than those on Florida cruises.

Second, this is still a listed benefit of D+.

Third, the "enhancement" of one free coffee is meaningless.  On our Rhapsody cruise, there was never a wait in the morning longer than one or two minutes at the most.

As someone with 74 past cruises on RCCL, I am upset!  Can you blame me?

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, yogimax said:

I recently posted that RCCL had removed Concierge Club Access for D+ on Rhapsody of the Seas  We will be on Anthem in a couple of weeks and today I got the same boiler plate nonsensical email from RCCL.  Concierge Club is now closed to D+ on Anthem.

This is difficult to accept as the CL on Anthem is one of the best in the fleet.  It encompasses the entire aft portion of the ship with wonderful views.  Now, we will be limited to the smallish Diamond Lounge and dreary Music Hall.

Why is this nonsensical?  First, we have been on Anthem numerous times and the CL has never been overcrowded.  Bayonne does not have as many D+ and Pinnacles than those on Florida cruises.

Third, the "enhancement" of one free coffee is meaningless.  On our Rhapsody cruise, there was never a wait in the morning longer than one or two minutes at the most.

There are just too many D+.  They would totally swamp the Lounge on Deck 12.  Quite legitimately, the suite passengers don't like that.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, yogimax said:

FWIW send an Email to the C&A society. I have.

crownandanchor@rccl.com

Edited by davekathy
  • Like 2

Past performance does not dictate future results. Or something like that.

I don't blame you for being upset

Now on Mariner last week,  a partial charter had the entire VCL reserved almost all night. 😱

Ship happens.

At least you can now get a frozen mocktail with your Diamond vouchers

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, yogimax said:

Nope. They should be removing all Pinnacles also if they are removing D+ and make it truly for suites only. I doubt they will, but sincerely hope they do. The tone of the "oh well" Pinnacles would undoubtedly change! 

Edited by kruzerci
  • Like 9
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Merion_Mom said:

There are just too many D+.  They would totally swamp the Lounge on Deck 12.  Quite legitimately, the suite passengers don't like that.

As I said in my post, the CL on Anthem has never been "overcrowded."  Why now?  Why fleet wide with no specific statistics for individual sailings?  Maybe some (especially those departing from Florida ports), but the emails are all the same generic boilerplate emails with no details of why a specific sailing is "overcrowded." 

Sure, I have a solution, but it will seem I'm tailoring it to my own situation... allow D+ with over 340 points access to the CL.  This is already an established level in the benefits chart.  It would help solve the supposed problem while still giving perks to the most loyal Royals.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, yogimax said:

As I said in my post, the CL on Anthem has never been "overcrowded."  Why now?  Why fleet wide with no specific statistics for individual sailings?  Maybe some (especially those departing from Florida ports), but the emails are all the same generic boilerplate emails with no details of why a specific sailing is "overcrowded." 

Sure, I have a solution, but it will seem I'm tailoring it to my own situation... allow D+ with over 340 points access to the CL.  This is already an established level in the benefits chart.  It would help solve the supposed problem while still giving perks to the most loyal Royals.

If they would "name" a level between D+ & PC, give it a new programmed level in their IT system, they might be able to do that.  As it is, there is no way to allow "some" D+ in and not others.  

• Like 1

Feeling your pain......perhaps that's the reason why (and only my opinion and guessing), D+ are discouraged to continue becoming P's...unless of course you are very close.  Then you'll start worrying about perks that will be removed from P's.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, yogimax said:

That is never going to happen, that would be a nightmare to enforce and try to explain to lower level D+. You and I would be happy, but most wouldn't. The best solution would be to make both Concierge and Suite Lounges a true suite-only venues and remove the language from the benefits on PC and D+. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, kruzerci said:

Nope. They should be removing all Pinnacles also if they are removing D+ and make it truly for suites only. I doubt they will, but sincerely hope they do. The tone of the "oh well" Pinnacles would undoubtedly change! 

1 minute ago, kruzerci said:

That is never going to happen, that would be a nightmare to enforce and try to explain to lower level D+. You and I would be happy, but most wouldn't. The best solution would be to make both Concierge and Suite Lounges a true suite-only venues and remove the language from the benefits on PC and D+. 

In reality, the Pinnacle members don't crowd out the suite passengers.  D+ do, purely because of numbers.  RC cares about suite passengers, and doesn't want them complaining about crowding in the Lounge.

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, kruzerci said:

Why would that be hard to enforce?  If you make sure people use their seapass card to get in, done.  It's not that hard.  edit- they already know who has the points to be invited to a dinner with an officer and who gets more and more benefits- including the ones that have over 525 points.

But for us, the next time we are on the Anthem, we will be Pinnacle.  Heck, 4 more cruises to go.

It sucks, for sure, but it's a numbers problem over everything else.  SO many ships with SO many opportunities to cruise means a large amount of D+ cruisers.  The only think that will fix this is if enough people go to other cruise lines for their vacations.

Edited by alfaeric
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, kruzerci said:

That sounds fair to me

• Like 1

Got the same BS email for my two cruises 1/27/20 (11 nights) & 2/7/20 (8 nights). Went on RCL website & CL is still listed on deck plans up to April 24, 2022 & CL is still listed as a Diamond Plus benefits. It’s about time RCL discontinue their sneaky way of eliminated benefits. 

• Like 4

Just now, alfaeric said:

SO many ships with SO many opportunities to cruise means a large amount of D+ cruisers.  The only think that will fix this is if enough people go to other cruise lines for their vacations.

BINGO.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, alfaeric said:

It sucks, for sure, but it's a numbers problem over everything else.  SO many ships with SO many opportunities to cruise means a large amount of D+ cruisers.  The only think that will fix this is if enough people go to other cruise lines for their vacations.

So ... Get Off My Ship!  😉

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, alfaeric said:

Why would that be hard to enforce?  If you make sure people use their seapass card to get in, done.  It's not that hard.  edit- they already know who has the points to be invited to a dinner with an officer and who gets more and more benefits- including the ones that have over 525 points.

But for us, the next time we are on the Anthem, we will be Pinnacle.  Heck, 4 more cruises to go.

It would be the same issue essentially, it would just benefit us and screw the lower level D+, who would still lose the benefit. People would still be angry. 

This from the Royal Caribbean Crown and Anchor Society webpage. 

General Terms & Conditions Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. has the right to terminate the Crown & Anchor Society® Program ("the Program") or to change the Terms and Conditions of participation and benefits, in whole or in part; at any time without notice.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Tony O said:

This from the Royal Caribbean Crown and Anchor Society webpage. 

General Terms & Conditions Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. has the right to terminate the Crown & Anchor Society® Program ("the Program") or to change the Terms and Conditions of participation and benefits, in whole or in part; at any time without notice.

Is anybody arguing that? No. Do the loyalty program members have the right to air their grievances about their changes? Yes. 

Edited by kruzerci
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, LorraineP said:

Got the same BS email for my two cruises 1/27/20 (11 nights) & 2/7/20 (8 nights). Went on RCL website & CL is still listed on deck plans up to April 24, 2022 & CL is still listed as a Diamond Plus benefits. It’s about time RCL discontinue their sneaky way of eliminated benefits. 

Make sure you email C&A and/or Bailey's office your disappointment. 

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, alfaeric said:

Yes, absolutely correct!  They already know who has 340 or more points, as well as 525.  Simply pick a number 340, 525 or whatever and redo the benefits page so that everyone understands. 

59 minutes ago, yogimax said:

I feel the same way with over 40 cruises on RCCL.  Just feel the love for the D+ from royal.  Although on Serenade they are using Safari lounge for happy hour.  Awesome venue and lots of space with many servers and 2 full bars to order drinks from.  Much better than the CL on 13.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Past performance does not dictate future results. Or something like that.

I don't blame you for being upset

Now on Mariner last week,  a partial charter had the entire VCL reserved almost all night. 😱

Ship happens.

At least you can now get a frozen mocktail with your Diamond vouchers

Not on Serenade this cruise either.

• Thanks 1