Diamond Plus Perk now Taken Away on Anthem!

yogimax

1 hour ago, kruzerci said:

Is anybody arguing that? No. Do the loyalty program members have the right to air their grievances about their changes? Yes. 

Yes they are arguing that. It's just a change of venue.You just go to different names  place  to get your free drinks and appetizers. No lose of benefits .Is the name of where you get your freebies  that important? 

• Thanks 1

Enchantment last week D+ were allowed in the CL.  I guess that was a “selected Ship.  There were times when there were no seats and people had to go elsewhere.  Not fair to suite passengers as they don’t have the drinks on their cards.

I guess if I was Royal I would keep the drinks on cards, CL for suites and P, DL for D+ and D have to use the drinks on the card.  With the number of C&A, something has to happen

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Tony O said:

Yes they are arguing that. It's just a change of venue.You just go to different names  place  to get your free drinks and appetizers. No lose of benefits .Is the name of where you get your freebies  that important? 

The DL service was slow on Explorer last October.

We went to the CL and our glasses of wine were constantly topped up.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Now we should have to purchase our perks?

People have been purchasing perks ever since they came out with "The Key".  Moreover, perks are not all that different from upgrades and elite members of airline programs have been purchasing upgrades for decades.

2 hours ago, yogimax said:

Third, the "enhancement" of one free coffee is meaningless.  On our Rhapsody cruise, there was never a wait in the morning longer than one or two minutes at the most.

I found the same on Adventure this week. Today was the first time I had to use the coffee voucher and that was only because who ever turned on the machine this morning didn't put any milk in it.

2 minutes ago, Tony O said:

2 minutes ago, Tony O said:

No it’s when you look at deck plans see where you would like to be then book a cabin. For myself Anthem deck 12 aft because my DH has a bad foot & has trouble walking so being near the CL was a benefit so he could sit, relax, have a cappuccino in the daytime. If RCL was upfront I would never have booked on 12 aft but lower level forward to be nearer to the DL. Two weeks before my B2B cruises (same cabin) I get this so called enhancement (joke) letter. Both cruises are  sold out no way to switch cabins at this late date. When I booked the Oasis for 3 cruises this year I knew there was no CL so I booked where he would be spending most time. So for me it’s not the name it’s the convenience. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, actuarian said:

People have been purchasing perks ever since they came out with "The Key".  Moreover, perks are not all that different from upgrades and elite members of airline programs have been purchasing upgrades for decades.

There is a huge difference between the Key... purchase perks...program and the C&A....loyalty.....program. I am sure I don't have to explain the difference.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, scootersdad said:

Just advised my T/A to cancel my upcoming Anthem cruise.  I'll try another ship or NCL.

Maybe to keep your status (at every level) you must cruise at lest 6 days a year (or every 18 months).

Would also cancel but all 5 cruises are non-refundable & travel insurance paid. 

9 minutes ago, scootersdad said:

Just advised my T/A to cancel my upcoming Anthem cruise.  I'll try another ship or NCL.

Maybe to keep your status (at every level) you must cruise at lest 6 days a year (or every 18 months).

That probably does not suit RCI well. If someone cruises once every 3-4 years RCI wants them to have an incentive to book with them and not look elsewhere. There is no loyalty incentive if you keep losing your points. Not everyone cruises to the extent of many who regularly post to these boards.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, LorraineP said:

They need to then update their deck plans for Anthem. CL deck 12 through April 24, 2022 then their benefits page & remove CL. 

D+ here and we're also not happy about losing access to CL.  But it seems the change has been in the cards for some time now.  Deck plans?  Yes, they should change plans but the fact that the deck plan still shows a CL won't change how this plays out..  As we found out on another thread the Adventure deck plan still shows a Florist on deck 11.  

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

That probably does not suit RCI well. If someone cruises once every 3-4 years RCI wants them to have an incentive to book with them and not look elsewhere. There is no loyalty incentive if you keep losing your points. Not everyone cruises to the extent of many who regularly post to these boards.

It's no fun for me when I lose my AA frequent flyer miles every Dec. 31 either, but that's the way the program works.  I honestly believe that some kind of periodic sailing requirement IS the way to go, along with changing the rules for status matches for significant others and children.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, RFerrington said:

It's no fun for me when I lose my AA frequent flyer miles every Dec. 31 either, but that's the way the program works.  I honestly believe that some kind of periodic sailing requirement IS the way to go, along with changing the rules for status matches for significant others and children.

People always compare airlines and cruise lines. Two completely different industries...transportation and disposable income vacation. Mostly all they have in common is operating expensive pieces of machinery that move.

• Like 4

Saw this coming quite awhile ago - steady erosion and a product that is, in our opinion, going stale. 

We cancelled our 2 2019 RC sailings last fall and sailed on MSC Seaside Yacht Club for about the same $ as the RC balcony - but with MUCH better perks, service, etc.  Nice status match too.  Cancelled our 2 RC 2020 sailings for the Seaside YC again this coming fall.  We are in that 500 point "neither fish nor fowl" area with RC and generally do about 30 nights a year at sea.

We will look to RC & X again, but only for unique/bucket list itineraries and certainly not the twice a year B2B sailings we have been doing. 

Instead of wringing your hands and pounding your keyboard - just vote with your wallets.   It's pretty liberating.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Or due to health or other reasons you might have to stop cruising for awhile.

6 minutes ago, Beachin2 said:

Saw this coming quite awhile ago - steady erosion and a product that is, in our opinion, going stale. 

We cancelled our 2 2019 RC sailings last fall and sailed on MSC Seaside Yacht Club for about the same $ as the RC balcony - but with MUCH better perks, service, etc.  Nice status match too.  Cancelled our 2 RC 2020 sailings for the Seaside YC again this coming fall.  We are in that 500 point "neither fish nor fowl" area with RC and generally do about 30 nights a year at sea.

We will look to RC & X again, but only for unique/bucket list itineraries and certainly not the twice a year B2B sailings we have been doing. 

Instead of wringing your hands and pounding your keyboard - just vote with your wallets.   It's pretty liberating.

We're pretty much in the exact same boat.  Looking at MSC for future cruises as I've read a lot of amazing reviews.  And they have some great itineraries that Royal doesn't offer worldwide.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Beachin2 said:

We did the MSC Yacht Club twice, absolutely best cruise, service, food, private pool & spas, the YC lounge & restaurant unbelievable. Liked it much better then NCL Haven. RCL suite life doesn’t have much to offer that’s why I only book balconies & mostly book RCL out of Baltimore or Bayonne. If I have to fly it’s MSC or Holland. 

3 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

There are just too many D+.  They would totally swamp the Lounge on Deck 12.  Quite legitimately, the suite passengers don't like that.

You are absolutely correct. Suite guest don’t like a crowded no seats available lounge. Applies to SL as well as CL. We, as have many other Suite guests, have complained. Thank goodness Royal is listening. 

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, LorraineP said:

We did the MSC Yacht Club twice, absolutely best cruise, service, food, private pool & spas, the YC lounge & restaurant unbelievable. Liked it much better then NCL Haven. RCL suite life doesn’t have much to offer that’s why I only book balconies & mostly book RCL out of Baltimore or Bayonne. If I have to fly it’s MSC or Holland. 

Thanks for this info Lorraine.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, LorraineP said:

Got the same BS email for my two cruises 1/27/20 (11 nights) & 2/7/20 (8 nights). Went on RCL website & CL is still listed on deck plans up to April 24, 2022 & CL is still listed as a Diamond Plus benefits. It’s about time RCL discontinue their sneaky way of eliminated benefits. 

And the C&A Terms and Conditions have not changed. 

• Like 1