Diamond Plus Perk now Taken Away on Anthem!

yogimax

24 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

Possibly why I can have a more objective view of my current and soon-to-be benefits  as my still valid opinion is not clouded by any personal bias or perceived "slight" from Royal.

LOL. Why wait and not start Jan 31?

Either way,  that would be their right. It would not impact my planning of future cruises nor make me regret any past cruises I've taken with Royal.

I only base things from my own experiences. But that's how I roll. Walk the walk, talk the talk so to speak. 

OK, 31 January 2020 it is. 

Agree. We have never cruised just to earn cruise points to get to the next tier level. If that was our approach we would have only cruise with one cruise line and we would be a lot higher in cruise points and tier level for that cruise line. But for those that do, not a thing wrong with that approach either. They have paid for that perk/benefit being loyal.  Even tho I will admit we now only cruise RC and Celebrity. We started with Celebrity in 1991. Not saying we will never cruise Princess or Holland America again. Variety is the spice of life.  

Edited by davekathy
  • Like 2

58 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

A bell 🔔 on a ship is common. But I’m sure there might have been a little humor by the poster. 

I usually ring the bell when leaving Long John Silver's 😎

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

33 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Lets look at in another way. I wonder if RCI would have been able to fill up the ship at the fares it was charging if those 20% of passenger who are causing such an issue were not aboard.🤔

I'd like to say Yes, because I think most people cruise since they love cruising, love Royals overall product (the ships, service, amenities, etc).

Will some D+ stop sailing Royal now that they do not have CL access? Perhaps some might but will it be enough it hurt Royals bottom line? Royal doesn't think so.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Love what you said. However, I believe Suite Guest pay for Amenities and not perks. C&A are perks. 

Yep, Chair Hogs in the CL seem to be a big thing from what I have seen. 

Chair hogs at pool are very different than in lounge. You rarely see a towel, magazine, or flip flops on a lounge chair.

Butts in seats seems to be the norm in the lounges I frequent 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

Will some D+ stop sailing Royal now that they do not have CL access?

I'll be the first to raise my hand 🖐️ and say we won't stop cruising with RC because we no longer have access to the CL. Hate to see that taken away and especially for those that preferred the CL over the DL but no biggie as far as we are concerned. We were tickled pink when last year RC started allowing C&A HH drinks in the dining venues and theater during the C&A HH. 

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, davekathy said:

I only base things from my own experiences. But that's how I roll. Walk the walk, talk the talk so to speak. 

OK, 31 January 2020 it is. 

Agree. We have never cruised just to earn cruise points to get to the next tier level. If that was our approach we would have only cruise with one cruise line and we would be a lot higher in cruise points and tier level for that cruise line. But for those that do, not a thing wrong with that approach either. They have paid for that perk/benefit being loyal.  Even tho I will admit we now only cruise RC and Celebrity. We started with Celebrity in 1991. Not saying we will never cruise Princess or Holland America again. Variety is the spice of life.  

There are some couples who will book a JS and another stateroom for the triple points and they're are Pinnacles.  Not sure why they would do it after making Pinnacle but hey, whatever floats their boat.

1 minute ago, Colorado Babe said:

There are some couples who will book a JS and another stateroom for the triple points and they're are Pinnacles.  Not sure why they would do it after making Pinnacle but hey, whatever floats their boat.

Personal preferences IMO or stateroom type more than cruise points or some want to keep adding to their cruise points because RC is their cruise line of choice or they want to possibly be recognized as top cruisers. Power to 'em. 👍👍

1 minute ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

They don’t use towels but they have a system to “save” seats in the CL. 

I've occasionally seen one or two folks 'saving' a pit group. Kind of like seat saving in theater

But usually it's just folks hunkered down waiting for booze.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

Will some D+ stop sailing Royal now that they do not have CL access?

I do not think people will stop sailing Royal now that they do not have CL access.   Instead, they will stop favoring Royal over other cruise lines.  We will still cruise on Royal if they have the room type and itinerary we want at a better price than the competition.  However, we may go with the competitor if it saves us a few dollars or if we can get a more desirable cabin on the competitor's ship for the same price.  The whole point of a loyalty program is to keep people loyal, which it to say to keep them from booking with a competitor.  However, if the loyalty perks cannot be relied on, there may be no reason to be loyal.

• Like 7

6 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Oh course there is seat saving in the lounges.  We have often seen a clutch or a pashmina set on empty chairs.  On our Harmony sailing, a couple would pull three round table together each night for their group of six and they would hold them until the other two couples came in, sometimes almost a half hour later.  Concierge did nothing, even with people standing waiting for seats and not overflow because of a private party next door every night.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

IMHO, saving seats (other than a single seat for someone who had to go to the rest room) is really unacceptable.  I would like to see them put up a sign that says "It is not permitted to save more than one seat.  If you are told that a block of two or more seats are saved, you may feel free to remove any items that are on the seats and sit there anyway.  Anyone who objects will be ejected from the lounge and their sea passes will be recoded so that they cannot return to the lounge."

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, davekathy said:

Personal preferences IMO or stateroom type more than cruise points or some want to keep adding to their cruise points because RC is their cruise line of choice or they want to possibly be recognized as top cruisers. Power to 'em. 👍👍

Could be a myriad of reasons.

One might be for more space on a long trip. 

One might be to save money. Obviously once you make Pin, you qualify for the 150% solo supplement.  So if there is a big spread between the cost of a JS and a lesser cabin, it can work in your favor.

Extra points just happen

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

Oh course there is seat saving in the lounges.  We have often seen a clutch or a pashmina set on empty chairs.  On our Harmony sailing, a couple would pull three round table together each night for their group of six and they would hold them until the other two couples came in, sometimes almost a half hour later.  Concierge did nothing, even with people standing waiting for seats and not overflow because of a private party next door every night.

True, but at the sundecks, those seats lay covered for hours on end

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, actuarian said:

IMHO, saving seats (other than a single seat for someone who had to go to the rest room) is really unacceptable.  I would like to see them put up a sign that says "It is not permitted to save more than one seat.  If you are told that a block of two or more seats are saved, you may feel free to remove any items that are on the seats and sit there anyway.  Anyone who objects will be ejected from the lounge and their sea passes will be recoded so that they cannot return to the lounge."

It's not my nature, but you read about folks who just sit down anyway. 

More often than not I see a couple sitting together at a 4 person group, and they probably wish someone would approach them

• Like 1