Diamond Plus Perk now Taken Away on Anthem!

yogimax

32 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Could be a myriad of reasons.

One might be for more space on a long trip. 

One might be to save money. Obviously once you make Pin, you qualify for the 150% solo supplement.  So if there is a big spread between the cost of a JS and a lesser cabin, it can work in your favor.

Extra points just happen

We had a cruise last year, that when priced out was cheaper for us to book a Solo Junior suite and a solo interior then for the both of us to be booked in a Junior suite.

We do not use the  interior cabin. We kept our gratuities in place for that cabin.   We let the cabin attendant know we would not be using the cabin and to just remove any perishable gifts that might be sent to the cabin.  Then, we let our junior suite attendant know that there would be two people using the room. We added gratuities accordingly

At that point, we did not need the points and we booked the cabin as illustrated above simply to save money.   

we’ve priced it out many times, but it has only worked to  our advantage to book that way one time  

m

• Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, davekathy said:

I only base things from my own experiences. But that's how I roll. Walk the walk, talk the talk so to speak. 

I do get what you are saying and I understand.  The removal of D+ from the CL has no direct impact on me.....but, as the people head back to the DL or use their 3 SeaPass coupons at "public" bars, it will have an indirect impact on everyone else, even the person that is on their first cruise. Our experiences are interconnected - we are all in the same boat, er, ship, so to speak.

58 minutes ago, davekathy said:

Agree. We have never cruised just to earn cruise points to get to the next tier level. If that was our approach we would have only cruise with one cruise line and we would be a lot higher in cruise points and tier level for that cruise line. But for those that do, not a thing wrong with that approach either. They have paid for that perk/benefit being loyal.  Even tho I will admit we now only cruise RC and Celebrity. We started with Celebrity in 1991. Not saying we will never cruise Princess or Holland America again. Variety is the spice of life.  

My first cruise was in 2008. If all my vacations since then have been exclusive cruises - specifically Royal - I'd probably be D+ (at the low end) by now, sitting in a lounge, sharing a drink with you 🍻🥂 and having a healthy exchange of ideas. But others vacation interests compete for my time and money so I'm still slowly working my way up the ladder.

And if I come across as being against loyalty programs, far be it from the truth. I look forward to my first Diamond, sailing whether is be at 80 or 180 points. Truthfully, since I usually buy the beverage package, I'll probably be using the lounge during the "off" hours, not so much at HH.  I'll wait until I see when the drink situation (crowds) and what the selections is and then determine if the math works in favor or against the drink package. See - sometime I do wait until I personally experiencing something before commenting or making a decision. 😊😎

I'm more looking forward to a bigger balcony discount.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

by now, sitting in a lounge, sharing a drink with you 🍻🥂 and having a healthy exchange of ideas. But others vacation interests compete for my time and money so I'm still slowly working my way up the ladder

Now if we are talking just cruise vacations we'd be pinnacle with RC and Zenith with Celebrity by now. 😉

If we ever did happen to meet up and share a drink  I wouldn't be talking cruise points, tier levels or even acknowledge posting on cruise critic. We don't even join and attend the M&M for our cruises. I piss too many people off and don't want to be reported as MIA. 😎 🍻

Edited by davekathy
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

56 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

One might be to save money. Obviously once you make Pin, you qualify for the 150% solo supplement.  So if there is a big spread between the cost of a JS and a lesser cabin, it can work in your favor.

Extra points just happen

Actually 150% solo supplement is a benefit of D+ with 340 cruise points. 

This strategy is something for us to consider.

Edited by robtulipe

1 hour ago, davekathy said:

eWe have never cruised just to earn cruise points to get to the next tier level. If that was our approach we would have only cruise with one cruise line and we would be a lot higher in cruise points and tier level for that cruise line.

Lol- our next cruise is SO being booked to push us into Diamond (we will need 8 more nights) :).  But, we love Royal, so we are cool with it 🙂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

Extra points just happen

As you know the 150% single supplement kicks in well before Pinnacle. Royal's rules but, IMHO, when this is done a solo cruiser should get 1.5 points rather than double points since they're not paying double. 

Edited by suzyluvs2cruise
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, STANMELB said:

Hi Pat and Bucky,

By your schedule, looks like we will finally sail together again in the future. On the Allure last week we booked the Harmony for 12-05-2021. Still sailing in at least a Grand Suite as one never knows how the Oasis Class will handle SL/CK access in the future.

When will the 2 of you turn Pinnacle? Will be good to see both of you again.

Hi John!!!  Good to hear we get to sail with you and Sandy again!  We are on that week, and the week before.  Doing that this year at the same time as well. Nice to be able to do the B2B from our local port again!  

Say Hi to Sandy for us, and enjoy your upcoming cruises!  We are currently on Vision, still tied up to the pier in St. Maarten.  A/C has been out for four hours in our cabin now...and pretty much the entire the suites deck.  😞 Lots of unhappy pax due to trying to get ready for formal (lobster) night.  😮  Oh well..."poop" happens...could be worse.  

Edited by island lady

4 minutes ago, island lady said:

Hi John!!!  Good to hear we get to sail with you and Sandy again!  We are on that week, and the week before.  Doing that this year at the same time as well. Nice to be able to do the B2B from our local port again!  

Say Hi to Sandy for us, and enjoy your upcoming cruises!  We are currently on Vision, still tied up to the pier in St. Maarten.  A/C has been out for four hours in our cabin now...and pretty much the entire the suites deck.  😞 Lots of unhappy pax due to trying to get ready for formal (lobster) night.  😮  Oh well..."poop" happens...could be worse.  

You’re not going to answer their question in the last paragraph?

• Haha 2

21 minutes ago, robtulipe said:

Actually 150% solo supplement is a benefit of D+ with 340 cruise points. 

This strategy is something for us to consider.

Yes, I probably should have worded that as 'you are qualified'

Always check it out, only takes a minute

It especially works on cruises like Baltics or Alaska where JS is crazy expensive and interiors are cheap

17 hours ago, davekathy said:

We have no problem giving up our seats in the CL. We prefer the DLs over the CLs. At least on the class ships we've cruised on. 

Me too, my DS friend...usually.  But on small ship like Vision they apparently can't use the overflow (due to too many group events in SEEL).  It's the tiniest DL in the fleet, super packed every night.  Was able to use very uncrowded CL last week, but D+ kicked out of the CL this week and the next.  Now it's really a ghost town up there from what I have been told.  

Oh well...just don't have a lounge to use now. 😞   Still get my Latte in the morning though.  🙂 

16 minutes ago, suzyluvs2cruise said:

As you know the 150% single supplement kicks in well before Pinnacle. Royal's rules but IMHO when this is done a solo cruiser should get 1.5 points rather than double points since they're not paying double. 

When you are CEO you can change it

BTW, there may be a opening for a Mod here. You should apply since you do such a good job on FB.😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, island lady said:

A/C has been out for four hours in our cabin now...and pretty much the entire the suites deck.  😞 Lots of unhappy pax due to trying to get ready for formal (lobster) night.  😮  Oh well..."poop" happens...could be worse.  

That would be a bummer without AC my DS friend. Like you said it could be worse. Cold with intermittent  snow showers here today!! 🤬 Cheers. 🍷