NCL is advertiising 30% off. How does this work?

yoolykeme

I'm a Platinum cruiser, but have never bought a cruise retail, so I am at a loss here.

NCL.com is advertising that all cruises are 30% off.  Does this mean that they are going to take 30% off the advertised price, or do the stated prices reflect the discount?  If it is the former, can you stack this with other promotions?

thanks in advance.

16 hours ago, hamrag said:

They add 43% to the real price, and reduce that figure by 30%.....ending up at the same price point, it is a bogus marketing ploy!

Exactly. We bought our cruise,  sail away inside cabin for 849 dollars for 21 days. We received a mid ship inside cabin on deck 11, considered an upgrade.  When the 30%off " promotion" was implemented they raised the sail away inside category to $1294. I guess they have not figured out some of us are on top of this and can't be lied to 🙂

Edited by spanishguy1970
  • Like 3

Posters make it seem like someone at NCL is arbitrarily making pricing decisions.  There is not someone in Miami going, lets raise this Bliss cruise by $200 because we think our customers are stupid.  Its all done by analytical computer calculations and then pushed through without someone ever seeing the pricing change.  The algorithm is taking into account multiple factors including open cabins, average rates of current cruisers on the ship and pricing on other cruise lines.   

The "sale" is just a way to driver customers to the website to check prices.  The prices are not changing based of the current sale.  

1 hour ago, hamrag said:

Only on a very few selected cruises!

Even more selective than they think.  Went to price a cruise that's on the "list" (direct link from the lattitudes promo page) and it didn't look like it applied the 20% - only the extra point per night. In the past there was a notation about the 20% on the booking page.  So cruise is still higher than when I booked in November with the 20/30% discount, plus I got double excursion credits.