Oceania's Action Plan for Coronavirus

HokiePoq

3 minutes ago, stageberglaw said:

Oceania apparently refuses to give a full refund for our trip starting on March 4.  We will not risk going to Asia with the risk of serious virus, and demand a full refund.  Anyone else taking the same position?

We have also asked. I am in a tough position now having to self-quarantine 2 weeks post cruise away from my family due to my husbands work....Here is the email trail. Pathetic! Passing the buck.

____

Stephanie:

My husband works for an international finance company and he sent me this announcement today from his HR department that he would have to be quarantined for 2 weeks if he comes in contact with someone who has been to Singapore. This would create a horrible situation at my house for his job. In light of this information, is it possible to rebook my mother and I for next year's cruise? Or cancel???  Please see attached and call me or email me and let me know what can be done.

____

Good Evening,

I hope all is well. We are currently 19 days away from the sailing. My management will not be able to get involved because this account is under a travel agency. Please call your travel agent, to see the options you would have. I am sorry for any inconvenience.

Warm Regards,

Stephanie Gonzalez | Elite Personal Consultant

____

Stephanie -

This is an incredible turnaround. Did you not tell me " Oh, yes, we can transfer the reservation to your travel agent. That is fine with us. We do it all the time and, rest assured, we are here for you with whatever you need - even if you transfer the reservation...." 

N

ot sure what is going on over in your corporate office but they are looking at short term profits and sacrificing long term customer relationships...

____

No response since then.....really terrible.....

12 minutes ago, creativegirl said:

Chinese Herbs don't "beat" the virus. They support immune response. The rest is up to the body to fight it off. Sometimes the body can't do it...Google immune modulator Chinese herbs.

Are they as effective as rhino horns, Tiger bones and Pangolin scales? 😀

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Shawnino said:

It's my understanding that most if not all of the physical schools in hotspots are closed, and kids are learning online.

I didn’t mean in China, rather in general. I would refer you to how measles in CA and how quickly they spread several years ago. Are all schools closed in SE Asia?

1 hour ago, creativegirl said:

Uhhhh.....why do you think 80% of the cases in China are "mild". Read up on it!

don't  believe the news out of China......good luck with the herbs, If i see someone walking towards me with white gloves I'll know which way to go...lol

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, eldaradoe said:

don't  believe the news out of China......good luck with the herbs, If i see someone walking towards me with white gloves I'll know which way to go...lol

Please do stay away from me. At least 6 feet....lol.  For what its worth, I've contacted all the news organizations with the headline "How one cruise company is profiting over passenger safety" to see if we can get them to bow to public pressure.

• Like 1

This from an acquaintance in Singapore:

Hello, Right now, we are pretty much functioning at normal...just extra precautions like minimising movement between healthcare institutions and minimal large scale gatherings (so large university classes are cancelled and the schools have staggered dismissal times and rest times), Some places have temperature screening, so there is that, but for the most part, things are pretty normal! There are some people wearing masks, but we have had some concentrated blasts of info telling people that unless they are ill, they shouldn't wear them. So again, most people are just going around their daily lives as per normal. Hope this helps!

A lot of the drama here is caused by the cyclical nature of Cable News.

What started out as a fabulous conduit for new information 

has become bogged down by the logistics of filming.

They rerun stories incessantly until the next "update".

🤒

Edited by StanandJim
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, DeanoNorthPerth said:

Chinese herbs didn't seem to work for the Chinese.

Chinese herbs?   Viruses are not bacterial.  Placebo effect?    

Then there is the time honored method..avoid the possibility of contact with the disease  .  Your choice could be the best deterrent.

I just spoke to my travel agent about the 25% refund for the March 4 cruise that was promised last week. The Oceania response was basically that they will get to it when they get to it without any dates given. They will not even notify the travel agent when it is refunded. You will only know when you see it on your credit care at some date in the future. They did not say what month or year. 

8 minutes ago, irr said:

I just spoke to my travel agent about the 25% refund for the March 4 cruise that was promised last week. The Oceania response was basically that they will get to it when they get to it without any dates given. They will not even notify the travel agent when it is refunded. You will only know when you see it on your credit care at some date in the future. They did not say what month or year. 

are you saying that you officially canceled the cruise? What about the 10% refund and future cruise credit?

Edited by eldaradoe

6 minutes ago, irr said:

Didn't  they say in their  announcement of the changes  that it would show up in the next 1 or 2 billing cycles of your CC ?

Usual refunds are usually posted  on Fridays  but with many cancellations it may take a bit longer under the circumstances

32 minutes ago, irr said:

Ours (10%) was posted to the account yesterday for the Insignia 24 May (now Sing to SFO).  Will take a PHD in Math to figure out how they calculated the amount.

1 hour ago, irr said:

You may want to get yourself a new TA. His/her call to the regional sales manager would get a fairly quick reply. And s/he can figure out the reimbursement amount since their version of your invoice shows the cruise only fare plus the port taxes, commission, etc. From other recent CC posts, it looks like some other folks have already gotten the $$$.

Just boarded Sirena this afternoon. Despite the email we received last week about temperatures being taken, that did not occur. The health questions included asking if you had visited mainland China in the last 30 days or been exposed to anyone with coronavirus. Otherwise the usual self reporting of temperature, gastrointestinal issues or colds. I did see 1 couple being refused boarding- not sure what that was about.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Sea Scanner shows the Sirena going from Miami into the Caribbean then returning to Miami so they probably have a different embarkation protocol. The Silver Spirit shows up on Sea Scanner as having left one port (Halong Bay) in Viet Nam and headed to another port (Chan May) in Viet Nam. Unless they changed their initial embarkation point the schedule shows they took off from Hong Kong on 2/15. The cruise is scheduled to terminate in Ho Chi Minh City, Viet Nam on 2/21. This would suggest that Viet Nam ports remain open to cruise traffic.

7 hours ago, StanandJim said:

A lot of the drama here is caused by the cyclical nature of Cable News.

What started out as a fabulous conduit for new information 

has become bogged down by the logistics of filming.

They rerun stories incessantly until the next "update".

🤒

Absolutely.  That's why I'm only posting information from official sources/experts and mostly ignoring the media on this.  Drama sells.  Facts actually help.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

It is 25% on that cruise and Nautica is going there- berthing at CC01 at thecSingapore Cruise Centre.

Nautica is berthing at CC02 at SIN Cruise Centre at Sentosa Harbourfront; CC01 is occupied by Seven Seas Mariner which will be docked overnight.