Oceania's Action Plan for Coronavirus

HokiePoq

2 hours ago, Paulchili said:

If Singapore port/airport is closed in the near future (not that I am hoping for that) then they would have no choice but to refund the money to you.

Hi Paul, we left the Seychelles yesterday and on our way to the Maldives. We were informed this morning that all our Asian stops after Sri Lanka are cancelled. Don’t know if that’s because Singapore has refused entry or not. Our new itinerary is Muscat, Kahsab, and ending in Dubai. Since we’ve done all the Asian stops it’s fine with us. Any ideas on what to do in Dubai? 

Laurie & Dave

In a financial press release issued today, NCL stated that:

"Out of an abundance of caution and as a result of the uncertainty surrounding port entry and berthing availability in various destinations in Asia, the Company has made the prudent decision to cancel all voyages in Asia across its three brands.  A total of 40 voyages have been canceled, modified or redeployed including 24 voyages on Norwegian Cruise Line, 10 on Oceania Cruises and 6 on Regent Seven Seas Cruises.  Following these changes, the Company will not have any vessels deployed in Asia through the end of the third quarter 2020."

http://www.nclhltdinvestor.com/index.php/news-releases/news-release-details/norwegian-cruise-line-holdings-reports-fourth-quarter-and-full-0

• Like 1

Not being dramatic, just curious about opinions---does anyone else have any concerns at all that this will lead to a "Renaissance" type situation where the business implodes (Renaissance supposedly because of 9/11 impact)?  Yes, NCL has deeper pockets, but they have a lot of new ships on order across the 3 brands, this is a lot of cancellations for operating expense loss, a lot of FCC to give away, and stock is expected to be down so cash flow can be severely impacted.

Most of the cruise lines have been looking to the Asian market for their expansion and increased passengers. Not only other nationalities going there but increased cruising from those in that area.  I'm sure this will impact some of that. Much depends on how this virus pans out. 

7 hours ago, TOLISTravellers said:

Not being dramatic, just curious about opinions---does anyone else have any concerns at all that this will lead to a "Renaissance" type situation where the business implodes (Renaissance supposedly because of 9/11 impact)?  Yes, NCL has deeper pockets, but they have a lot of new ships on order across the 3 brands, this is a lot of cancellations for operating expense loss, a lot of FCC to give away, and stock is expected to be down so cash flow can be severely impacted.

We were booked on a Renaissance cruise for December 2001.  Renaissance was having problems before 9/11, I believe due to its rapid expansion.  I believe all large cruise lines will be OK, unless the problems get a lot worse than they are now, and they have to cancel cruises other than in Asia.  

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, cruiserchuck said:

We were booked on a Renaissance cruise for December 2001.  Renaissance was having problems before 9/11, I believe due to its rapid expansion.  I believe all large cruise lines will be OK, unless the problems get a lot worse than they are now, and they have to cancel cruises other than in Asia.  

I agree.  We took Renaissance cruises in October 1999, February 2000 and May 2001, and were booked for a cruise in January 2002.  We always felt that Ren had expanded too fast.  They were scheduled to meet with  their bankers two days or so after 9/11 to restructure their loans.  Obviously that didn't work out!

22 hours ago, corpkid said:

Thanks - first world problems for sure.

One thing I have learned is to "call three times" if need be.  A lot of this stuff is dependent on getting the right associate on the phone.

The universal answer is to "schmooze".......it  bridges all sort of gaps

• Like 1

18 hours ago, cruiserchuck said:

Thanks!  And our TA also said they were in trouble well before the closure.  Continuing on to ATW 2021!

On 2/20/2020 at 2:41 AM, corpkid said:

Cancelling all the tours.  And sipping bourbon because this sucks.

Looking forward to hiking with my family, though.

If you get tired of the bourbon try a little  vodka.  Could be much worse.

1 hour ago, RJB said:

If you get tired of the bourbon try a little  vodka.  Could be much worse.

If you get stuck now, you're stuck. I don't think the U.S. will be sending anymore planes to bring folks home. I read this as "you are forewarned and on your own."

https://www.usnews.com/news/national-news/articles/2020-02-21/state-department-issues-coronavirus-warning-cruise-to-asia-at-your-own-risk

On 2/20/2020 at 12:35 PM, TOLISTravellers said:

I would be more concerned for Crystal's parent Genting.  They will bleed more cash since they are China based (AKA Dream Cruises), plus own a Shipyard that is in need of cash.

27 minutes ago, PaulMCO said:

I would be more concerned for Crystal's parent Genting.  They will bleed more cash since they are China based (AKA Dream Cruises), plus own a Shipyard that is in need of cash.

Funny you say that because I thought Genting was still part of NCLH and saw yesterday they and Apollo were out ages ago, but thought about Crystal as soon as I saw they owned that. 

We were booked on Nautica f. May 1, 20 and the cruise was cancelled. Nautica sent out E-mails to their individual passenger on 21 Feb noting that   100 % would be refunded for this cruise and a 25% discount for a future cruise in 2020

I believe this will create a good amount of good will for the cruise line. We have started the refund process through our TA and also booked another cruise for about the same time period. (South Pacific)We are long-time OC customers and hope to take the cruise from Singapore to Rome next, as it is already scheduled.

• Like 1

I just saw that Celebrity is denying boarding for anyone that has been through or in contact with anyone from the Lombardy and Veneto(which includes Venice) areas of Italy within the last 14 days. If this doesn't get better this is going to wreak havoc on the Med season. 

1 hour ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

You may want to reread the letter. The FCC is applicable only to cruises that DEPART BEFORE 12/31/20.

Thanks. That IS how I read it and I didn't think that was very generous. We're not traveling soon but we are in early Sept. to Baltics/Scandinavia so will be watching this. I'll be following every bit of this closely. We have til midsummer to cancel. Thanks for the heads up, FF.