Oasis Boardwalk Balcony vs. Oceanview Balcony

jayveee

I am booked in an Oceanview but have two small kids so I am thinking that at night while my children are asleep and me and my wife are on the balcony the views from the boardwalk balcony will be superior to the dark skies. Any opinions before I make the change? anything else I should take into account? TIA

We have stayed in both a number of times and we like each one for different reasons.

We like the sound of the ocean and watching the waves go by....but we also enjoy people watching and the sights and sounds of the a Boardwalk too.

We’ve done two cruises in a Boardwalk view balcony cabin, though without any kids. We loved it the first time for all the activity to see and for all the people-watching. By the second cruise  we found all that constant activity and commotion to be somewhat annoying.  Next time we’ll do an Ocean view balcony.
it all depends on whether you prefer non-stop activity or peace and quiet.

Are you heading to the Caribbean out of Bayonne?  If so, the ship will be running at full speed for at least 4 nights of the cruise.

It can be cooler and winding on the ocean side where the boardwalk is protected.

It's not for everyone, but we really enjoyed the Boardwalk Balcony...and also really enjoy regular balcony.

It probably comes down to if you want to people watch (and maybe catch some of the show depending on the room location) or if you want a peaceful view seeing the ocean only. 

• Like 1

Oceanview would be my choice...hands down!  We stayed in a Boardwalk balcony and it was too noisy.

The bell from the carousel drove us crazy!

Also the Aqua Theater shows and movies were a bit loud.

• Like 1

We've done both and enjoyed both.  We enjoy people watching and the activity of Boardwalk balcony, and the serenity of the Ocean balcony.   We also love Central Park, so we're doing a CP balcony next to give that neighborhood a try!   The daytime ocean balcony views are wonderful.  We found that we didn't use it as much at night because it's just staring into blackness and for whatever reason, that blackness makes me a little anxious.  We found the opposite in a boardwalk balcony - meaning we used it more in the evening and less during the day.   We didn't experience any in-cabin noise from the Boardwalk even during shows and we were on Oasis in the second to the last aft cabin, so we were very close the carousel and aquatheater.  If the balcony door was shut, we had no noise in the cabin.  We were on deck 11 if it matters.  

Have not been in Boardwalk balcony but have done Central Park and Ocean View. For those who have done Boardwalk and Central Park, is Boardwalk balcony hot and dead air like Central Park?  

We decided it is worth the extra for Ocean View every time now mainly due to quiet and privacy. Sitting out on a Boardwalk or Central Park puts you on display for too many. 

The only negative on the Ocean View is it is easier to break the rules and smoke on them. On a recent cruise we had someone smoking cigars nearby every night and it ruined our enjoyment of the balcony until they were finally caught. 

1 minute ago, thrifty99 said:

The only negative on the Ocean View is it is easier to break the rules and smoke on them. On a recent cruise we had someone smoking cigars nearby every night and it ruined our enjoyment of the balcony until they were finally caught. 

I would have reported it at the first sign of smoke

We booked a Boardwalk balcony on Oasis because of the great price and the extra perks (soda package and Johnny Rockets). It was fun to do the first time on a new ship, but I wouldn't do it again for the reasons listed.

It's nothing like an Ocean View Balcony......

View of the ocean, smell of the ocean and soundless enjoyment of peace and quiet.. or view of a apartment complex with hanging laundry,  smell of JR wafting up and endless noise from JR, the carousel, people disembarking from the slide, movies and all the noise of the Aqua Theater. We have never had anything other than a ocean view balcony and never will. happy cruising  

5 hours ago, jayveee said:

I am booked in an Oceanview but have two small kids so I am thinking that at night while my children are asleep and me and my wife are on the balcony the views from the boardwalk balcony will be superior to the dark skies. Any opinions before I make the change? anything else I should take into account? TIA

Oceanview over boardwalk any day of the week.  My nephew just got off Allure in a Boardwalk Balcony and he said it got really stuffy as there was no air movement.  He said he would never do an inside balcony again, only OV balconies

I'm not the person who asked this question, but thanks to all for the valuable information. I'm sailing on Oasis 7/30/21 in a Central Park Balcony. In our case we prefer interior staterooms for economical reasons. We've tried an oceanview, but the movement out the window didn't work for one of us. We've had a balcony and literally 'checked it out' on day one and never used it again so we've stuck with interiors as they work best for us. We've booked the Central Park Balcony for this cruise because the deal through my travel agent is that this room is actually cheaper than interior, ocean view, and ocean view balcony rooms. I figure I can try this 'interior balcony' or just close the door and curtain and pretend our room is interior. LOL

• Like 1

I'd go for ocean view.  I like to look out over the water during the day.  At night I enjoy the solitude.  Also, I don't have to think about anybody on the opposite side of the ship looking into my room.  

We have done oceanview on Oasis and other ships and Boardwalk and CP on Allure.  I found the CP balcony boring and without a view of the ocean.  We really enjoyed the Boardwalk balcony.  In my opinion on any ship you can get an oceanview balcony only on Oasis class can you get a neighborhood balcony.  And there is no noise with the sliding door closed, there are no odors wafting up from the boardwalk and the odd towel draped over a chair on a balcony is hardly people's laundry hanging everywhere.

We only travel with ocean view balconies. Even if we don’t use the balcony much I love to have the curtains open with a full view of the ocean. I love going out in my pjs in the morning watching us pull into ports. We put our older teens in a boardwalk several years back and they hated it. On the oasis class there are few areas to enjoy the ocean. To me cruising is to enjoy the water. I am not into apartment living with zero privacy. 

Edited by renza

3 hours ago, eem0924 said:

We booked a Boardwalk balcony on Oasis because of the great price and the extra perks (soda package and Johnny Rockets). It was fun to do the first time on a new ship, but I wouldn't do it again for the reasons listed.

It's nothing like an Ocean View Balcony......

Say what now? You get a complimentary soda package and Johnny Rockets food with the purchase of a Boardwalk Balcony?  First I hear of this.  Was it a perk your TA gave you or was this something from RCI?