Best ladies pants

kkapaldo

What style ? For me, Eileen Fisher crepe pants. A few styles are available - slim ankle fit is my favorite on me. Easy to wash and dry overnight. On cooler temps, I like her ponte pants as well but they don't dry quite as quickly.  I'm wearing mine into the ground and when I need to replace - I'll buy on sale from Nordstrom or Neiman Marcus or buy gently used & refreshed from EF Re/new....

40 minutes ago, slidergirl said:

Eileen Fisher and JJill are a bit too dressy for me to wear walking around in a port during the day.  I prefer Athleta pants for places that my hiking/cargo pants would not fit in.  

I’ve also discovered the Costco traveler pants are amazing for $12

1 hour ago, awhfy said:

I’ve also discovered the Costco traveler pants are amazing for $12

Also the 32 Degrees Cool ankle pants at Costco are great. I’m short and these fit me as regular length pants without shortening-yay! Feel great in hot weather and they wash and dry nicely. Very easy to roll up and pack  Haven’t seen them yet this year however. BTW, these aren’t the base layer 32 Degrees.

Edited by purduemom1
  • Like 1

I second (or third) the Eileen Fisher stretch-crepe pants for nicer dress evening pants or when you want to be dressier for city sight-seeing. They are a nice medium weight so not the greatest in the heat of summer or cold winter. They wash and dry well and wear like iron. 

For more casual sightseeing I like the Columbia "Back Beauty" pants, because they stay put and don't reveal too much if you are climbing around ruins, for example. They are lightweight and also wash and dry perfectly on the go. There are various styles such as slim and bootcut.   Chico's Zenergy line has a similar fabric but even lighter weight (Neema, I think?)  and I like their slim crops/ankle pants for hot weather.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, purduemom1 said:

Also the 32 Degrees Cool ankle pants at Costco are great. I’m short and these fit me as regular length pants without shortening-yay! Feel great in hot weather and they wash and dry nicely. Very easy to roll up and pack  Haven’t seen them yet this year however. BTW, these aren’t the base layer 32 Degrees.

I bought a pair of those for our b2b next week!

Hi Melody, I haven’t seen the 32 Degrees Cool yet at our Costco but last fall they went on sale and I bought more. I now have several. I have a hard time finding pants that fit well and these work for me. I wear them in warm weather and we have a lot of as well as for travel. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, purduemom1 said:

Hi Melody, I haven’t seen the 32 Degrees Cool yet at our Costco but last fall they went on sale and I bought more. I now have several. I have a hard time finding pants that fit well and these work for me. I wear them in warm weather and we have a lot of as well as for travel. 

I bought mine when we went to Hawaii in September, great pants

for myself, it's two pairs of black leggings & 1 pair of distressed skinny jeans    That gets me through anywhere from 2 weeks to a month in Europe.   The leggings I can wash in the sink...  but I usually send them out to hotel or cruise laundry if needed.  I'll honestly wear them 5 or 6 times before washing them.  (we tend to do cold weather trips)   The jeans might only get washed once (don't judge me please)  

I also have some of the American Giant brand pants (similar to Eileen Fischer ponte)  but for me they fit a little better...   I love the look of the EF, but they tend to be cut for different body type than me (no hips, but big bottom from hiking)  Also the AG brand has terrific pricing and sales.

I brought the AG "kick flare"  for wearing on the ship at in the evenings last cruise & they worked out well.  

Not a Costco person.  I had a discounted membership last year through Groupon.  Drove  40 minutes to the closet Costco.  Not into the mass quantity stuff - don't have that much storage or freezer room and it would take years to finish some of it.  I didn't see much in the clothes department that I liked.  And, my Costco cannot carry wine, so that was a bust.  I think I ended up with 2 big bottles of Chipolte sauce (I put it on everything) and some LaCroix water.  It just wasn't worth it.   

I've got an outlet mall 2 miles from my house with a Columbia store.  Went there before my camping trip to find some pants - nothing.  They were all "made for the outlet" and didn't look good.  I did used to find some things once in awhile in the Ann Taylor store.  But, it's all gone downhill.  I am destined to be a 'buy full price or wait for it to be on sale' person...

Edited by slidergirl

I'll throw this out here, with only a limited function test: Pop Fit Leggings. The ones with mesh panels fit tighter. Stella (no-mesh model) is true to fit as a 2XL. I took a full-length pair of Stella leggings to South America, wore four days alternating two different sun-protection tops in pretty warm weather, and they were still crisp enough to wear home on the 14hr flights! Have put in an order for two more!

Edited by crystalspin
  • Like 1

The thing is - as well-evidenced here!  - there is no "best". We all have different styles and different body shapes and different budget. Some people like an athletic look, some preppy, some classic, etc. Lots of good recs - and it's helpful when people talk about their style preference and body shapes to get better recommendations!

As for Costco - well, we're a household of only 2 people but I shop there every week. It's 25 miles from my house but it's on my daily work commute, and between the produce and cheese and laundry detergents, as well as my non-mail-order prescriptions and a gazillion other things, it works for me. Yeah, I've done the math. I do it every year. But that's what you have to do! We even have a business executive membership because I've calculated I get back more $ than the annual fee. As with anything - have to evaluate what meets your personal needs 🙂

• Like 2

Yup, I'm definitely a Costco fan!   I think one think to keep in mind is that where yo live is going to influence how & where you shop...  I'm lucky enough to have 3 Costcos all an easy drive away,  one is about 5 minutes from my office so.... yeah, a lot of my husbands clothes are bought at Costco :)

& I bought my all time favorite packable stretchy rain jacket there as well.  

Bak to the original topic:  I've been looking at the Athleta  Headlands hybrid cargo tights for our upcoming Alaska (basically a legging with zip pockets instead of just a phone stash pocket)   normally I'm all about online ordering, but I've noticed in the online (& catalog) pictures sometimes they look fitted like leggings (which is comfortable for me)  & sometimes they look a little baggy or loose (which does not work for me)  anyone have these who can say how they actually fit?

Or can anyone recommend a legging that has zip pockets?    We have a few whale watch excursions & I'd love to not have to bring any sort of bag other than my camera equipment along...  maybe I should start my own thread?

• Like 1

I'm a Duluth Trading Post Dry on the Fly pants fan. The things are excellent!

I do shop at Costco - best price out there for decent dog food - but their clothes just don't fit quite right. I'll buy pajamas there, because I don't care what they look like, and multi-packs of basic gloves and stocking hats to stow around.  Otherwise, Costco is just my stop for pet food, cleaning supplies, and Cetaphil lotion (the kind in the tub).

On ‎2‎/‎13‎/‎2020 at 10:32 PM, cruise kitty said:

for myself, it's two pairs of black leggings & 1 pair of distressed skinny jeans    That gets me through anywhere from 2 weeks to a month in Europe.   The leggings I can wash in the sink...  but I usually send them out to hotel or cruise laundry if needed.  I'll honestly wear them 5 or 6 times before washing them.  (we tend to do cold weather trips)   The jeans might only get washed once (don't judge me please)  

I also have some of the American Giant brand pants (similar to Eileen Fischer ponte)  but for me they fit a little better...   I love the look of the EF, but they tend to be cut for different body type than me (no hips, but big bottom from hiking)  Also the AG brand has terrific pricing and sales.

I brought the AG "kick flare"  for wearing on the ship at in the evenings last cruise & they worked out well.  

Hi :classic_smile: I have never heard of this brand and so decided to look at their website. All the pants are in the high $70's and

high $80's range......have they lasted you a really long time?

1 hour ago, Lois R said:

Hi :classic_smile: I have never heard of this brand and so decided to look at their website. All the pants are in the high $70's and

high $80's range......have they lasted you a really long time?

Lois, I've had the kick flare ones for over a year & I wear them at least twice a week to work,  they machine wash super easy (so no dry clean bills)  & they don't pill up....  I do turn them inside out & wash them on cold,  just throw them in the dryer on low.  

They are so comfortable, but with a business type blouse on, they are great.   

6 minutes ago, cruise kitty said:

Lois, I've had the kick flare ones for over a year & I wear them at least twice a week to work,  they machine wash super easy (so no dry clean bills)  & they don't pill up....  I do turn them inside out & wash them on cold,  just throw them in the dryer on low.  

They are so comfortable, but with a business type blouse on, they are great.   

Have you tried their jogger style?