Suite Class replaced by The Retreat

Stu UK

I haven't taken a repo in quite a few years.   Early in this thread I stated this all looked like smoke and mirrors and nothing was really changed.

I actually want to book suites without perks and generally am unable to do so unless there happens to be a resident/senior discount.

I've stated that these are not really suite "amenities" as they don't come with the stateroom.  As stated above in the terms and conditions.  They are perks that come with the rate that you book.

I truly hope that RS and above will still get the Bev Package and Wifi amenities regardless of the fare booked or if you get it via a MoveUp bid and this is not just another erosion of the product.

8 hours ago, WonderMan3 said:

Service on Celebrity, particularly the butlers, is far superior to MSC also. MSC does prevail on the design and execution of the suites area though.

Depends on the butler you get.  I found service to be superior on MSC.  In the TopSail Lounge, there are many butlers waiting to take your order.  Last time I was in the Retreat, there was one butler on duty who paid absolutely no attention to any of the guests.  It was definitely a serve yourself environment.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, marycruz said:

I just looked up a cruise on the Summit and it doesn't show suites anymore when you go to select a cabin.  It now shows "the retreat."

But Summit has already been revolutionized.    So I looked up Reflection which will be the last to undergo the revolution in 2023.   The suite class is also listed as The Retreat now.  Fleet-wide change. 

On 2/26/2020 at 9:02 PM, WonderMan3 said:

When you scroll down into the specific categories like Sky Suite the note about the two bottles of liquor is missing so that probably was a typo at the top of the main page. Another change I just saw under Sky Suite was that pre-cruise concierge is now included.

We have a Sky Suite booked for our May Caribbean cruise.  This is all new to us as we’ve never booked a suite before (I actually really wanted the aft wrap - the whole suite thing is just icing, though I’m sure we will like the perks), and we’ve never sailed with Celebrity before.

Still trying to figure out how to use the butler 😁. But what is the pre-cruise concierge do?

So glad to be discussing something other than Coronavirus! 😳.  I just hope we get to go!

4 minutes ago, Cyber Kat said:

We have a Sky Suite booked for our May Caribbean cruise.  This is all new to us as we’ve never booked a suite before (I actually really wanted the aft wrap - the whole suite thing is just icing, though I’m sure we will like the perks), and we’ve never sailed with Celebrity before.

Still trying to figure out how to use the butler 😁. But what is the pre-cruise concierge do?

So glad to be discussing something other than Coronavirus! 😳.  I just hope we get to go!

The pre-cruise concierge will call you and/or send an email of introduction and offer their services and also explain what they can do for you.  Take care of any special needs.  Make some types of reservations.  etc., etc.

• Like 1

Some of you in Sky Suites and cruising in March have already heard from the concierge. We are in a Celebrity Suite for a March sailing and we haven’t heard from anyone. Any thoughts on when we should hear from someone?

34 minutes ago, Hodgson said:

Some of you in Sky Suites and cruising in March have already heard from the concierge. We are in a Celebrity Suite for a March sailing and we haven’t heard from anyone. Any thoughts on when we should hear from someone?

We are in a CS departing March 14 and received a call and email 3 days ago.  I hadn't replied and this morning I received a follow-up email.  As others have said, typically 2 weeks before you depart, so hope this helps.

1 hour ago, garyl62 said:

We are in a CS departing March 14 and received a call and email 3 days ago.  I hadn't replied and this morning I received a follow-up email.  As others have said, typically 2 weeks before you depart, so hope this helps.

thanks!!  Sometime next week then. We’ll be embarking when you disembark. 

6 minutes ago, Hodgson said:

…...We’ll be embarking when you disembark. 

We are on the Summit and the week following us is a charter.  If you are on that trip you may not hear from shoreside concierge, not sure if they reach out to anyone on charters.  If you are not on that trip, you should get that call soon!

2 hours ago, Hodgson said:

We are sailing in a Sky suite on the Solstice b2b from Aukland on March 10.

we have heard from no one. Don’t care.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, emairs said:

Thanks!!  This is really helpful as we have a B2B2B on Solstice in December in a Sky Suite. 

8 hours ago, Gaile said:

We  are sailing in S1 on Edge on 3/8 and have not been  contacted. 

Our Celebrity Suite is 23 March on Reflection. I wonder if they are waiting for the 3/2 date before they start calling. 

Seems name change to Retreat is PR to attract more guests to suites.  Sounds more exclusive or  upscale...  The Retreat areas seem diff on diff ships, diff class ships. 

We managed to get a " bargain" price for a suite on Connie in the transition to Tampa so will have the experience offered on that ship. First  and probably only time in a  suite unless we see big value for the upcharge,  

After that we will return to AQ Class..unless on APEX or EDGE,,,which have the 4 mdr plan which we enjoyed on EDGE!

25 minutes ago, hcat said:

Seems name change to Retreat is PR to attract more guests to suites.  Sounds more exclusive or  upscale...  The Retreat areas seem diff on diff ships, diff class ships. 

We managed to get a " bargain" price for a suite on Connie in the transition to Tampa so will have the experience offered on that ship. First  and probably only time in a  suite unless we see big value for the upcharge,  

After that we will return to AQ Class..unless on APEX or EDGE,,,which have the 4 mdr plan which we enjoyed on EDGE!

I think the name change was put in place to compare to the competitor's cruise lines that have similar areas with exclusive names.  The Haven.  The Yacht Club.  The Retreat.  Most people only have The Cabin.😀

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, emairs said:

I must apologize.

I did receive an email from Celebrity to personalize our suite on February 25, two weeks from sail date.

I didn’t pay attention to it, as I receive several emails from Celebrity every day about promotions.

I have completed it now. Nice to be able to choose a bottle of wine instead of  the standard bubbly, which I always exchange.
It asks about any celebrations, bed configuration, offers extra blankets and hangers.

i don’t know why it asks how you would like to spend your day in port.

On 2/26/2020 at 7:01 PM, JFontaine said:

Also: all suites will now get 2 bottles of liquor, access to pre-cruise concierge (starting soon) and Le Labo toiletries, the way I read this. 

On 2/26/2020 at 7:13 PM, jelayne said:

Where did you see all suites get 2 bottles of liquor I not seeing that?  I see the champagne or sparkling wine listed, which are  included now.

We are booked in a Celebrity on the Reflection in April.  When we reserved it two weeks, they said that only the Royal suites and above got the two bottles of liquor.  It will be a pleasant surprise if that has been changed.

Maybe not an issue if this is true.  Does this suggest that mini bar is free / suite butler will fetch bar drinks back to the cabin.

Enjoy your favorite beverages throughout the ship. Whether in your suite, out exploring or relaxing by the pool, our dedicated butlers will serve your need.

1 hour ago, Stu UK said:

Maybe not an issue if this is true.  Does this suggest that mini bar is free / suite butler will fetch bar drinks back to the cabin.

Enjoy your favorite beverages throughout the ship. Whether in your suite, out exploring or relaxing by the pool, our dedicated butlers will serve your need.

Butlers have never been expected to bring drinks to the room even for top suites. Occasionally a butler may offer to take your cards and get drinks for you, for example if he has just delivered room service.

It is something I would never ask them to do, they are busy enough as it is.

Minibar it technically only free and restocked for RS and above but some guests have reported that if you have a drinks package the butler may stock up your sodas and water. I would think you would be charged for the miniature bottles and snacks unless you had the drinks package that does include the minibar...

Perhaps a new service with the relaunch of The Retreat concept. The site is clear that the Premium Package covers in suite.  Unless its the usual Celebrity web errors.

921CEC35-DB11-4EA9-B1DF-46562777A780.png

Edited by Stu UK

1 hour ago, Stu UK said:

Perhaps a new service with the relaunch of The Retreat concept. The site is clear that the Premium Package covers in suite.  Unless its the usual Celebrity web errors.

921CEC35-DB11-4EA9-B1DF-46562777A780.png

This is changed from the wording yesterday and I suspect the wording will change again tommorrow.This paragraph last week indicated that all suites should have two bottles of spirits and restocksd mini bar. I suspect that these pages are more a work in progress and are not entirely definitive. 

Edited by groryjm