Next HAL Promo to be called "Have it All"

No details of the start date, inclusions/perks, etc, but the next HAL promo is going to be called "Have it All" and will run (once launched) through June 30th 2020.  The fare code has been uploaded into POLAR (travel agent booking system) which indicates it will start soon.

My guess is it will be similar to last years "Early Booking Bonus" or the 2021 Europe All-Inclusive offer with some combo of Signature Drink Package, Gratuities, Wifi, Specialty Dining, etc based on room type booked.

Should I get more details I will post them on this thread

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, *Miss G* said:

Just received this promo in my email.  First time I’ve ever seen a future cruise deposit offered.

107C6998-BCE7-4ECC-878D-E21955C9D2B5.jpeg

No future cruise DEPOSIT is being given as a perk.  There is a reduced deposit associated with this offer.  What they are offering is a booking promotion where if you cancel you get a future cruise CREDIT to apply to a future cruise if you choose to cancel a booking and the sailing departs before 10/15/20. 

The goal of this offer is to get people to book despite the Coronavirus situation and give them peace of mind. 

• Like 2

Unfortunately the cruise-search for at least the Europe cruises covered by the promotion, doesn't work. As is common with HAL website. It doesn't let you filter by ship or port, and it shows the first page (of 9) all the while advancing the number (2 of 9, 3 of 9, etc) but just showing the first page over and over.

All the computer whizzes coming out of schools, wouldn't you think they could hire a few?!!

• Like 7

27 minutes ago, crystalspin said:

Unfortunately the cruise-search for at least the Europe cruises covered by the promotion, doesn't work. As is common with HAL website. It doesn't let you filter by ship or port, and it shows the first page (of 9) all the while advancing the number (2 of 9, 3 of 9, etc) but just showing the first page over and over.

All the computer whizzes coming out of schools, wouldn't you think they could hire a few?!!

Especially with corporate headquarters in Seattle which seems to be crawling with computer nerd types...why HAL continues to put up with website problems year after year is a mystery.  If the current IT bunch can't figure it out by now how about cleaning house? 

The amount of direct NO COMMISSION bookings that HAL has lost , costing HAL millions in commissions paid to OTAs is absurd.  The bean counters who seem to search for ways to cut here and there and everywhere seem to just look the other way when it comes to losing direct bookings because their website sucks.  Enough with the excuses.

Hire some people who know how to create a properly working, easy to use, easy to book website.

It can't be that difficult if dozens of OTAs have sites that can feature dozens of cruise lines, hundreds of ships and itineraries , inventory, etc.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, AtlantaCruiser72 said:

No future cruise DEPOSIT is being given as a perk.  There is a reduced deposit associated with this offer.  

Yes, it was late so my words weren’t optimal.  I shouldn’t have posted.

7 hours ago, *Miss G* said:

Just received this promo in my email.  First time I’ve ever seen a future cruise deposit offered.

107C6998-BCE7-4ECC-878D-E21955C9D2B5.jpeg

Thanks @AtlantaCruiser72 for the heads up.

Thanks Miss G for sharing the offer.  It would be nice if HAL was making the Book With Confidence offer to those of us already booked and concerns about the coronavirus and developments.

• Like 5

6 hours ago, crystalspin said:

It is really frustrating; I left a post on their FB page, hoping someone may see it and pass along the info.

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

9 hours ago, crystalspin said:

I've seen this glitch before with a promotion. I gave up searching. I wonder how many other people give up on HAL's site?

• Like 1

13 hours ago, crystalspin said:

The website works fine.  Check your web browser.  When I looked at these cruises, not only did the pages advance from 1 to 9 with no problem, the filters also worked to reduce the search results.

Edited by MikeD4134
  • Like 1

I gave up with the website; I finally called my TA.  The sale isn't a sale for me - it's $500 more per person than what we are booked at, we would lose our OBC, but would get prepaid gratuities.  We're staying with what we've got. 

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

18 hours ago, dockman said:

Especially with corporate headquarters in Seattle which seems to be crawling with computer nerd types...why HAL continues to put up with website problems year after year is a mystery.  If the current IT bunch can't figure it out by now how about cleaning house? 

The amount of direct NO COMMISSION bookings that HAL has lost , costing HAL millions in commissions paid to OTAs is absurd.  The bean counters who seem to search for ways to cut here and there and everywhere seem to just look the other way when it comes to losing direct bookings because their website sucks.  Enough with the excuses.

Hire some people who know how to create a properly working, easy to use, easy to book website.

It can't be that difficult if dozens of OTAs have sites that can feature dozens of cruise lines, hundreds of ships and itineraries , inventory, etc.

I would suggest that HAL check out the website of PRINCESS CRUISES. which is VERY easy to navigate and book!

While Seattle may be crawling with "computer types". They are all getting paid way way more at Microsoft / Google / Amazon / Facebook than HAL could possibly afford. The only software engineers most places can hire, didn't make the grade at one of those companies.

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, GeriatricNurse said:

I would suggest that HAL check out the website of PRINCESS CRUISES. which is VERY easy to navigate and book!

Funny that they are in the same "group" within the Carnival corporation and yet are light years apart in their IT

Princess has always had the best website of any of the cruise lines in my opinion

The website problems definitely exacerbated in 2017 when CCL outsourced IT to Capgemini.  I guess most of the coding is now done in India.  Whatever, I've posted links about this before.  Not going to do it again.  Just search on keywords "Carnival" and "Capgemini" and you'll see what happened.

On 3/2/2020 at 10:40 PM, AtlantaCruiser72 said:

No details of the start date, inclusions/perks, etc, but the next HAL promo is going to be called "Have it All" and will run (once launched) through June 30th 2020.  The fare code has been uploaded into POLAR (travel agent booking system) which indicates it will start soon.

My guess is it will be similar to last years "Early Booking Bonus" or the 2021 Europe All-Inclusive offer with some combo of Signature Drink Package, Gratuities, Wifi, Specialty Dining, etc based on room type booked.

Should I get more details I will post them on this thread

Thanks,

Are you a TA?

12 hours ago, ger_77 said:

I gave up with the website; I finally called my TA.  The sale isn't a sale for me - it's $500 more per person than what we are booked at, we would lose our OBC, but would get prepaid gratuities.  We're staying with what we've got. 

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

Same here = no deal for our August cruise as it is more expensive in total.

• Like 1

On 3/3/2020 at 7:35 AM, kazu said:

Thanks @AtlantaCruiser72 for the heads up.

Thanks Miss G for sharing the offer.  It would be nice if HAL was making the Book With Confidence offer to those of us already booked and concerns about the coronavirus and developments.

GOOd point..

My final payment will be due soon  and a little incentive might help get   me  over the hurdle of  deciding if I should pay it or not.