What's your guess on what NCL's new perks will be on March 10 when the 48hr cancelation policy goes into effect

fstuff1

My guess would be obc for balcony and above. NCL needs people to be confident when they booked and not then not cancelled.

They could extend their 30% sale but that's been going for a while now.

The obc isn't really free when they made the sale. 

My question is how big of a max exodus is there going to be for the cruises over the next monthish and whether that forces them to start canceling cruises.  I would think there has got to be some sort of threshold of number of passengers where it does not make sense for them to sail.  

2 minutes ago, LS6Caddy said:

My question is how big of a max exodus is there going to be for the cruises over the next monthish and whether that forces them to start canceling cruises.  I would think there has got to be some sort of threshold of number of passengers where it does not make sense for them to sail.  

Or perhaps condense two cruises with similar dates/itineraries/departure ports into one cruise, i.e. seven day cruises from Miami and Port Canaveral, cancel one of them and move the people from both ships who don't cancel onto one ship. Same for the transatlantic cruises leaving NY in April.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Trimone said:

Be nice for $50 deposits back! That would put the customer in control of their monies, without be forced to have cruise credits with cancellation. 

I don’t see this happening. They need as much cash coming in as they can get right now.

If they truly need cash - and that is an if - it would be wise to market a higher base fare with higher onboard credit. Plus, promotional onboard credit does not convert to future cruise credit under the Peace of Mind cancellation policy; rather, it is forfeited.

Guess: they will continue “good” promos for awhile to get as many bookings as possible. Then jack up the cruise fare in 6 months to cash in on the FCC since it is use or lose. People with $1K in FCC will be forced to buy a $2K cruise or lose the FCC. 

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

Guess: they will continue “good” promos for awhile to get as many bookings as possible. Then jack up the cruise fare in 6 months to cash in on the FCC since it is use or lose. People with $1K in FCC will be forced to buy a $2K cruise or lose the FCC. 

Agree wholeheartedly with this...not just NCL, all of the cruise lines allowing cancel for FCC which must be used by X date.  Anyone who plans on taking advantage and cancelling tomorrow/Wednesday, etc...my suggestion would be to find a comparable price cruise and book it at the same time of cancelling with your FCC.  

4 hours ago, graphicguy said:

Just looked...they’re already offering just about everything then can.  Even OBC is up.  Maybe add to it.  But, looking at Carnival, Royal and NCL, the perks are about as big as I’ve ever seen.

It's personal income tax season coming up and with all the cruiselines getting caught during high "tidal" wave season ... one more trick up their sleeves.  NCL's infamous tax-free sales, not offered last year but I know we took advantage of it in 2018.  

Whether they will consider & offer it or not, that' a different topic ... as it is, there are some pretty cheap & inexpensive itineraries in the immediate/near future.  Not so sure that they will but it is a possibility.

Flying in/out of the embarkation/disembark port is the complication - I still remember flying transcon during the 2003 SARS days when the main cabin was quite empty at times and temperature screening was in place then ... and checking in for our cruise too. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, ItsAllAboutTheSass said:

I'd like to see them throw some obc to those that dont cancel.  Match what carnival is doing. 

I would not like to see that. The option of canceling with no financial penalty should not be countered with the option of staying for a financial gain.  The option should be weighed on the comfort and safety each person feels.  For me, $100-200 isn't enough to get me to stay anywhere, but for some they might engage in otherwise risky behavior just to get that token amount of OBC.  

And yes, NCL needs cash, they just secured a $675M loan today 

We are booked on a Tahiti-Hawaii cruise leaving March 20.  We are almost certainly going to cancel; although not immune compromised, we are 74.  But, I am more worried about losing ports/being quarantined than getting ill.

Since this cruise included our bucket list destination of Tahiti, I did just a little checking this morning on an NCL sale email I got.  A similar (not identical and 2 days longer) cruise in Nov. would be almost 3x what we paid.  It included all of the same perks and the 30% off and free or reduced air, but base cabin price of a mini, nearly 3x as much.

Granted, we got a smoking deal on the current cruise, but I have a feeling almost any cruise we would want to use our FCC on will be quite pricey.  Still, glad not to lose the funds completely.

The new perks are going to appear insane.  They'll offer everything except to let you drive the ship. 

They need to find a way to inflate the cost of the cruise.  Just keep adding "stuff" that costs cents on the dollar to provide.  Since their new policy doesn't give cash back for anything, just an FCC, they want your money.  

What I predict

Increases in OBC for all categories

Drinks

Wi-Fi

Dining

Increase to excursion credit

"Free" category upgrade

"Free" premium experiences

I'd expect to see increases to the fake-o marketing prices on packages anyways

"Free Gratuities" built into the price, to increase the "value" of the cruise package. 

They're going to offer the world to tempt you out of money you can never get back 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, LMaxwell said:

The new perks are going to appear insane.  They'll offer everything except to let you drive the ship. 

They need to find a way to inflate the cost of the cruise.  Just keep adding "stuff" that costs cents on the dollar to provide.  Since their new policy doesn't give cash back for anything, just an FCC, they want your money.  

What I predict

Increases in OBC for all categories

Drinks

Wi-Fi

Dining

Increase to excursion credit

"Free" category upgrade

"Free" premium experiences

I'd expect to see increases to the fake-o marketing prices on packages anyways

"Free Gratuities" built into the price, to increase the "value" of the cruise package. 

They're going to offer the world to tempt you out of money you can never get back 

Welp, I won't book until I can drive the darn ship....

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, mking8288 said:

It's personal income tax season coming up and with all the cruiselines getting caught during high "tidal" wave season ... one more trick up their sleeves.  NCL's infamous tax-free sales, not offered last year but I know we took advantage of it in 2018........  

That was a great sale!  We booked two cruises on the 'Tax-free'.   Please run that one again!

No port fees & gov taxes to pay🤞

• Haha 1

The prices of all the cruises I am watching for this weekend took a big jump.  They have to be setting up for some big sale after the cancelations start. There is no way the sailings are a hot item right now. 

Wow, big price jumps today. Had been watching a particular cruise out of NOLA as a benchmark. Yesterday base rate was $300, today it is $499, pretty much a normal price. Haven’t checked on the free air for AK, HI and Europe. But AK had some serious deals yesterday.

76 past cruises
Upcoming:
NCL Getaway 3/29/2020
NCL Breakaway 1/10/2021
CCL Dream 5/16/2021

On 3/8/2020 at 3:36 PM, fstuff1 said:

i predict back to the old promos.

Inside gets 1 perk, OV gets 2, Balcony + above gets all 5.

no obc for any.

whats your guess?

same promo offer: all perks + obc for any room.

but they raised prices for most cruises. 😞
so canceling and rebooking same cruise/room to get the all perks offer makes no sense

Edited by fstuff1