Refund Status for canceled cruises: Retitled after merges

lahore

18 hours ago, Coral said:

I was given 2 different dates. I was given a process date and then a release date where it is sent to the bank. I think Princess is processing thousands of refunds and then every 2 weeks, releasing the funds. I think Princess told you correct that it was processed. I am guessing they will release the funds this Friday and you will see the refund next week (probably Wednesday or so).

Or maybe they were released this past Friday and then will show up this week. I am guessing next week though by their pattern.

I have friends on my sailing who received their refund 2 weeks earlier than I did.

Thanks for that clarification . . . I am happy to report that this morning, I received an alert on my CC that we had received our refunds.  I just checked online and our 100% refunds have been posted.  Now I just need to see if the remaining $227 we had as purchased onboard credit has been refunded to our gift cards.  I tried to call, but their phone systems are not taking calls because they are closed on Sundays.  However, at this point, I am just happy to have the cruise fare returned.  

This was a long and frustrating wait, but I am thankful Princess lived up to their promise.  I hope they do the same for everyone still waiting.  

Edited by jat1977
  • Like 2

Just now, jat1977 said:

Thanks for that clarification . . . I am happy to report that this morning, I received an alert on my CC that we had received our refunds.  I just checked online and our 100% refunds have been posted.  

This was a long and frustrating wait, but I am thankful Princess lived up to their promise.  I hope they do the same for everyone still waiting.  

I have to agree it was a frustrating process. It is a huge relief to have the funds back. I have learned a lot in this whole process.

43 minutes ago, Deep Thinking Fish said:

There’s no logic to any of this. Our request was acknowledged on 14th March for our Panama Canal trip on Island from 9th May. People applying for refund and FCC after 14th March and sailing after 9th May have received refunds. 

Good luck with the Small Claims Court. Be interested to know how that goes. I haven’t encountered the 120 day chargeback issue on UK credit cards, although it will take the card providers at least six weeks apparently to even look at the claim. 

Its a complete lottery on when and how these rebates arrive, but having been due several refunds from cancelled events this one is the only one outstanding and has been by a long way the most aggravating. I do not accept any further delays. 

The lack of info (no info other than cancellation notice that does not include excursions) and misleading replies when you phone them like UK say US are dealing with UK refunds and when you speak to someone in the US they say the opposite. Taking advice at the moment but if it gets to 90 days I believe it will be time to consider all options 

They initially said 45 to 60 days. Then I called again after 60 days. They said to call them on the 8th June, which I will. Am so upset. Over £ 6000.00 in refund and the rest I agreed for them to give us a FCC . 

2 minutes ago, Coral said:

I have to agree it was a frustrating process. It is a huge relief to have the funds back. I have learned a lot in this whole process.

I think we are all learning a lot, for one thing loyalty counts for nothing also should we cruise again with Princess, which is far from certain, we will only pay a deposit and hold onto our money in a savings account until final payment day

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Munini said:

They initially said 45 to 60 days. Then I called again after 60 days. They said to call them on the 8th June, which I will. Am so upset. Over £ 6000.00 in refund and the rest I agreed for them to give us a FCC . 

We were told upto 60 days which I was far from happy about at the time, pity they failed to state that on the cancellation notice, the term less than honest best describes their actions here.

9 minutes ago, DavidandHeather said:

I think we are all learning a lot, for one thing loyalty counts for nothing also should we cruise again with Princess, which is far from certain, we will only pay a deposit and hold onto our money in a savings account until final payment day

My final payment was due 125 days in advance because it was longer than 25 days.

My sister had a British Isles trip planned for August. She was making monthly payments and had a majority of her cruise paid for. When Princess cancelled her cruise, she lucked out big time and fell under Double the Deposit in FCC. She benefited more than I did who had my cruise cancelled in March for April.

She had cruise a few times and I had said to "not pay it off until final payment". The joke was on me as she made out far better than I did. Even if I had taken the FCC, she still had a better situation.

19 minutes ago, Coral said:

she lucked out big time and fell under Double the Deposit in FCC.

that's the game I may play with a cruise for late November … 

Spin the wheel … when does Princess cancel ??? before final, so double amount paid comes into play, and if so , how far in advance of final ??

or, after final, and the 25% FCC 'bonus' ??

Just now, voljeep said:

that's the game I may play with a cruise for late November … 

Spin the wheel … when does Princess cancel ??? before final, so double amount paid comes into play, and if so , how far in advance of final ??

or, after final, and the 25% FCC 'bonus' ??

We are talking thousands, not hundreds for a 5 night cruise.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, DavidandHeather said:

going to look at all our legal options now, possibly using the small claims court route,

Ok  so is this the cruise you were booked on

GRAND PRINCESS A027A 8/15/2020 ALASKA 14 Voyage of the Glaciers Grand Adventure YVR YVR

When you say you received a cancellation confirmation from Princess was that in response to  YOUR request to cancel?

Princess  published that THEY cancelled the cruise on  14 April.

Small claims court , I believe, is only good for claims UP to £10000

When you said you tried to do a chargeback was that in a credit card or debit card.?

When you tried to claim on your card did you emphasize that it was payment for a  SERVICE  to be provided  on  15 August 2020  AND that the provider  had cancelled the service on 14 April 2020 though due to the Covid 19 situation you had cancelled on 24 March.  

Either way it should not matter the 120 days limit you refer to , I believe,(might depend on your provider)
runs from the date of purchase IF IT IS FOR A PRODUCT.   If it is for a SERVICE
it is from the date the service should have been provided.  ie 15 August.
You can print off the notice of cancellation from the  Princess site which should prove positively that the service will not be provided. 

Maybe worth another call to your card provider to check out the 120 days.

45 minutes ago, Coral said:

My final payment was due 125 days in advance because it was longer than 25 days.

My sister had a British Isles trip planned for August. She was making monthly payments and had a majority of her cruise paid for. When Princess cancelled her cruise, she lucked out big time and fell under Double the Deposit in FCC. She benefited more than I did who had my cruise cancelled in March for April.

She had cruise a few times and I had said to "not pay it off until final payment". The joke was on me as she made out far better than I did. Even if I had taken the FCC, she still had a better situation.

It will only be a better situation if she gets the opportunity to actually use her FCCs.  Until Princess starts sailing again and we all get to see what that experience will be, the question about who ultimately benefits from these offers won't be answered.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, azbirdmom said:

It will only be a better situation if she gets the opportunity to actually use her FCCs.  Until Princess starts sailing again and we all get to see what that experience will be, the question about who ultimately benefits from these offers won't be answered.

You are right. I also think Princess may have to extend the FCC if cruises don't start sailing next year.

I hit the grocery stores this morning and absolutely hate wearing a face mask. I dread work this fall with it and will not go on vacation if I have to wear it all the time.

I think she is hoping for a British Isles trip in August of 2021.

Edited by Coral
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Aulanis said:

GRAND PRINCESS A027A 8/15/2020 ALASKA 14 Voyage of the Glaciers Grand Adventure YVR YVR

When you say you received a cancellation confirmation from Princess was that in response to  YOUR request to cancel?

When you said you tried to do a chargeback was that in a credit card or debit card.?

When you tried to claim on your card did you emphasize that it was payment for a  SERVICE  to be provided  on  15 August 2020  AND that the provider  had cancelled the service on 14 April 2020 though due to the Covid 19 situation you had cancelled on 24 March.  

Either way it should not matter the 120 days limit you refer to , I believe,(might depend on your provider)
You can print off the notice of cancellation from the  Princess site which should prove positively that the service will not be provided. 

I will contact my bank again tomorrow, just spoken to a legal friend and he told me about the £10 limit for the small claims court, we are owed just short of €12k, should never have booked that suite! We were due to sail on the same voyage as you with our 10th anniversary on the ship we were married on, at least we didnt pay for the renewal of vows and other stuff we had planned. Totally devastated at having to cancel and the refund nightmare is making it much worse.

2 hours ago, Aulanis said:

We cancelled on 24th March and received confirmation e mail within an hour, that's the last communication we received from princess on the subject

1 hour ago, DavidandHeather said:

We were due to sail on the same voyage as you

No we are not on the same cruise- I was just asking so I could check the date that Princess actually cancelled it.

We were on  Sea Princess and cancelled after 6 days of a 28 day cruise.

2 Days to get to Sydney 6 days of our cruise  2 days sail back to Sydney  at 11 knots!!!  2 days back to UK.  Great   Came back NEW - I think not!!

What we have in common is the outstanding service from Princess UK.

It is fairly clear they have no idea what they are doing.

I have given up making an allowance for Covid .

90 Days tomorrow!

Edited by Aulanis

9 hours ago, ghstudio said:

We submitted option 2 (full refund) request 3/12 for our 4/19 cruise.  The refund showed up in our credit card account as one lump sum this morning.....just under 90 days from when we submitted the request.

This was a Regal Princess cruise. Over $10K refunded.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

We had a June Alaskan cruise and a Sept. Alaskan cruise.  I cancelled the June cruise the first of March and the Sept cruise in May.  There was 2k using gift cards and 1k cash. Did not hear a word from Princess.  With the lack of communication I disputed the charges on Citi.  I received notice from Citi Friday for two of the charges disputed and Saturday for the other two.  All four were found in my favor resulting in complete permanent credits to my credit card.  Yes I did get the 2k (two gift cards 1k each) refunded in full.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

DH and I were to sail on the Grand Princess August 15, 2020 cruise which Princess cancelled.  So far received only Princess Booking Refund Request Receipt dated April 16th, and last week their generic email that our refund is "in their queue."    The Receipt stated "it may take up to 60 days for your refund to be processed."    When day 61 arrives without refund, I'll probably contact Chase Credit Card.

6 hours ago, RJAM3 said:

We had a June Alaskan cruise and a Sept. Alaskan cruise.  I cancelled the June cruise the first of March and the Sept cruise in May.  There was 2k using gift cards and 1k cash. Did not hear a word from Princess.  With the lack of communication I disputed the charges on Citi.  I received notice from Citi Friday for two of the charges disputed and Saturday for the other two.  All four were found in my favor resulting in complete permanent credits to my credit card.  Yes I did get the 2k (two gift cards 1k each) refunded in full.  

How long did it take for Citi to resolve your dispute?  I disputed mine with my Citi card (through Costco).  I disputed on 5/13 and Citi said Princess has until 7/14 to respond.

Refund update. Regal Princess sail date 3/15, cancelled by Princess when they shut down on 3/12.

Received FCC on 6/1/20, amounts were correct.

Received CC refund on 6/8/20.

The only odd thing, they refunded $1,873.60 to my credit card. This was the correct amount to the penny. However they also posted a separate credit to my card for the amount of $14.95. I have no idea what this one is for.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, mthomp5 said:

How long did it take for Citi to resolve your dispute?  I disputed mine with my Citi card (through Costco).  I disputed on 5/13 and Citi said Princess has until 7/14 to respond.

I will jump is as just noticed this morning our dispute was closed in our favor. Ours was 4/18 cruise, cancelled 3/10. Didn't receive an email about it, just decided to go look at it online.

We filed dispute on 4/8 and Citi (double cashback) had until 6/12 to respond (60 days). I was waiting to see what would happen this Friday as not heard anything else out of Princess or Citi. So in our case, it was resolved on 6/3 and took 51 days.

It makes me wonder if Princess did not dispute the charge as I would not have expected it to be resolved on it's own, until 6/12.

Either way, we got out money back & the FCC's of 25% in our savings account.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 6/3/2020 at 2:16 PM, WillCruiseForMoney said:

March 29th Grand Princess Cruise

Cancelled by princess on March 12

Submitted option 2 on March 13

Received confirmation on March 14

Received 25% FCC in April

Still waiting for refund of cruise and prepaid OBC, over $7,000 (suite)

Update:

Received full refund to AMEX credit card on Saturday. Including prepaid OBC.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1