Future Cruise Credit balance?

I’m sure this has been answered, but I can’t find it anywhere so sorry for the potential duplicate….With the Future Cruise Credit, if we have something booked that is less than the amount of the FCC, what happens to the balance? Does it get converted to onboard credit?

4 minutes ago, ColumbusMike said:

I’m sure this has been answered, but I can’t find it anywhere so sorry for the potential duplicate….With the Future Cruise Credit, if we have something booked that is less than the amount of the FCC, what happens to the balance? Does it get converted to onboard credit?

It gets reissued as a new FCC that can be applied to a different sailing. 

That is good to know.

Related question.. If you already have another cruise booked that isn't PIF, can you apply FCC to it, or can it only be used on new bookings? I think I saw this asked on another thread but can't find it either.

29 minutes ago, RFerrington said:

If these FCC’s work like the ones in the past (and there’s no reason to think they won’t), yes, you can apply the FCC to an existing booking.  Even one that is paid in full.

Good to know, thanks! I am assuming if it's paid in full, they would just refund the CC used?

ABOUT YOUR UPCOMING TRAVELS

Dear Guest,

We’re sure you’ve been monitoring the news regarding COVID-19. This situation remains quite fluid, and we all continue to assess the impact and monitor the number of cases around the world. And while there are still a lot of unknowns related to COVID-19, we do know it presents the most serious health risks to older individuals, the immunocompromised, and those with serious underlying medical conditions.

At Royal Caribbean International, the safety and well-being of our guests and crew is our top priority. As a result, we are suspending operations for sailings that depart from US ports (including Puerto Rico) effective at midnight tonight, March 14th. Regrettably, we will need to cancel your upcoming Adventure of the Seas March 28, 2020 cruise. Our goal is to resume operation on April 11th, 2020.

Knowing this situation is ever-changing, we want to provide you with some options. As we know, this too shall pass, and we are optimistic that very soon you’ll be excited about planning your next cruise vacation. As always, the most important thing to us will always be the safety of both our guests and crew. In the meantime, we’ll continue to monitor the global situation. And, when it’s determined that the time is right, we’ll be ready to welcome you back.

As a result of this change, we’re providing you with a 125% Future Cruise Credit to come back and sail with us by December 31, 2021.

• This amount will be based on of your total cruise fare paid. And, we’re giving you a little extra, knowing that this is such a unique circumstance.

• We will automatically issue you your Future Cruise Credit by Monday, April 13th, 2020 via email. So, there’s nothing for you to do!

• Please know, if you pre-purchased any amenities and packages – like internet, beverage, dining, or RoyalUp Upgrade, those will be automatically refunded.

Or, if you prefer the lower value in a full refund, we’re happy to process this for you. Given how fluid this situation is, and the opportunity to use the extra credit being offered, you have plenty of time to make up your mind. You do not need to request your refund until December 31, 2021.

• Please contact us to start the refund process, if you’re willing to give up the higher value of your 125% Future Cruise Credit.

• We’ll then deactivate your Future Cruise Credit and process your refund to your original form(s) of payment, which will include any non-refundable deposits.

• To avoid waiting on the phone to cancel, please click here and we will get the process started for you.

• You can expect to receive your refund 30 days after you submit your request.

And, if you purchased air or hotel…

• via Royal Caribbean, these will also be automatically refunded to you. 

• on your own, please contact the service provider directly for your options with them. 

If you have any questions, please contact your Travel Advisor immediately or contact us at:

• 1-800-754-500 in Australia

• 1-800-256-6649 in the U.S. or Canada

Thank you for your patience, understanding, and cooperation during this situation. We wish you good health and truly appreciate your continued loyalty.

Sincerely,

Image did not load.

4 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

It gets reissued as a new FCC that can be applied to a different sailing. 

Any way to use part of it as an OBC and part to pay off our next planned cruise?  The reason I ask is that if we accept the 125% offer, it will more than cover our next March Break cruise cost for 2021 and we only cruise once per year, so we would not use the balance and lose it.

19 minutes ago, Russ Lomas said:

Any way to use part of it as an OBC and part to pay off our next planned cruise?  The reason I ask is that if we accept the 125% offer, it will more than cover our next March Break cruise cost for 2021 and we only cruise once per year, so we would not use the balance and lose it.

Have you considered an upgraded stateroom to use all of the 125% OBC.

5 hours ago, Russ Lomas said:

Unfortunately not.  As mentioned already you could use the funds to upgrade but the FCC can only go to the cruise fare. 

4 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Unfortunately not.  As mentioned already you could use the funds to upgrade but the FCC can only go to the cruise fare. 

We have 5 in a cabin, so that is not really an option since we do not want to upgrade to a suite. We will have many questions.  I will message them to you - can it be split between different sailings, what if people sharing the cabin were from different families and one wants credit and the other refund, is the credit assigned for anyone to use in that cabin or does each person have a credit allotted (one will not be able to use it since this was her last family trip before university), can you assign credit to another family member on a future cruise when they sail with you, etc.

14 minutes ago, Russ Lomas said:

We have 5 in a cabin, so that is not really an option since we do not want to upgrade to a suite. We will have many questions.  I will message them to you - can it be split between different sailings, what if people sharing the cabin were from different families and one wants credit and the other refund, is the credit assigned for anyone to use in that cabin or does each person have a credit allotted (one will not be able to use it since this was her last family trip before university), can you assign credit to another family member on a future cruise when they sail with you, etc.

Yes the FCC can be split amongst sailings

I believe that everyone in the cabin must take the same option.

credit is per person and can’t be transferred to another 

These are all standard policies.  I have not heard of any deviations but it’s still early.  My advice is to call but don’t get your hopes up.  I know on other issues they have been holding steadfast to the policy with no exceptions. 

Does your credit card card have any kind of travel protection?

Edited by Ourusualbeach

2 hours ago, Arzeena said:

Ken,

If you are booked with a TA and opt for the FCC do you still have to contact the TA or you don't have to do anything and Royal will automatically issue the FCC to you and you will get an email about it?

Going to ask same question.!!

Edited by retiredgram
  • Haha 1

Ken,

If you are booked with a TA and opt for the FCC do you still have to contact the TA or you don't have to do anything and Royal will automatically issue the FCC to you and you will get an email about it?

To make it obvious to any poster that you are asking them a question, it helps to use their @Ourusualbeach CC name. Without a host organizing things around here, lots of posts will get lost in the mess.

Ken,

To be honest I’m not sure exactly how it’s working.  I know that clients received the offer and I was copied.  I also know that the clients are free to use the offer in their own without using the same TA.   I would assume that the FCC’s are going to the client and copied to the TA.  We will know soon. 

15 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

To be honest I’m not sure exactly how it’s working.  I know that clients received the offer and I was copied.  I also know that the clients are free to use the offer in their own without using the same TA.   I would assume that the FCC’s are going to the client and copied to the TA.  We will know soon. 

Thank you Ken.

Just now, Arzeena said:

Thank you Ken.

Your'e welcome.  I received this last night.  Looks like it definitely will go to both TA and guest.

To recap the compensation offered to you and your clients:

A 125% Future Cruise Credit (FCC) will be automatically issued to all impacted guests. The amount of the FCC is based on your clients' total cruise fare paid and will be emailed to you and your clients on-or-before April 13th, 2020. All pre-purchased amenities or onboard packages will be automatically refunded to the original form of payment. To make it easy for you during this difficult time, we will take care of everything – no action needed from your end.

Alternatively, a full refund is an option for your clients, if preferred.  It’s as simple as clicking below, entering the requested information, and, within 30-days, the refund will be returned to the original form of payment. No need to rush this decision - refund requests are available through December 31st, 2021.

• Thanks 1

On 3/14/2020 at 1:53 AM, Russ Lomas said:

no, it can only be used for cruise fare.  

On 3/15/2020 at 11:40 AM, karena1 said:

no, it can only be used for cruise fare.  

Does anybody know if you accept the offer for the 125% future cruise credit based on the amount of the fare you lost due to the cancelled cruises, what happens to the port fees and taxes you previously paid?  Is is refunded to your credit card?  Do they tack that amount onto your FCC?  I have heard people saying that you cannot apply FCC to the port fees and taxes on a future cruise, but if they tack the previously paid port fees and taxes onto your FCC, I do not know why they would not be permitted to pay the port fees and taxes on an upcoming cruise.  I do not feel like waiting online for hours with RCCL, so if anybody knows this answer, I would appreciate your guidance.

Your port fees and taxes are refunded to your credit card. They are not part of the FCC. 

You can't use the FCC to pay the initial deposit on a new cruise, but you can apply it to the entire cruise after it has been received. 

Edited by Coralc

4 hours ago, Coralc said:

Your port fees and taxes are refunded to your credit card. They are not part of the FCC. 

You can't use the FCC to pay the initial deposit on a new cruise, but you can apply it to the entire cruise after it has been received. 

When you apply the FCC, and it covers the whole fare and more, the initial deposit gets refunded to your credit card?

If there is left over FCC then this also has the expiry date of 12.31.21?  Is there definite confirmation of whether this is book by or sail by date?  

19 minutes ago, little britain said:

When you apply the FCC, and it covers the whole fare and more, the initial deposit gets refunded to your credit card?

If there is left over FCC then this also has the expiry date of 12.31.21?  Is there definite confirmation of whether this is book by or sail by date?  

Correct

correct

sail by date 

• Thanks 1

On 3/14/2020 at 7:04 PM, Ourusualbeach said:

My rcl booking agent on the booking yesterday that I wound up booking with a big box hotel site, she said I could apply the fcc myself to it.

She said call 800 256 6649 to get the fcc applied, rather than bother the ta.

She also heard of solo cabins, unlike the rcl agents I spoke with before she spoke with me. So she seems good. Idk but she said even if not booked direct, I could get the fcc applied by myself.