Cruise Ship Locations - During the cruise ship ban of 2020/2021/2022

18 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

A good move and some of the measures I thought should have been in place well before Covid-19 as Princess is notorious for Noro and strep throat like viruses.

I think that has more to do with the demographic on most Princess cruises. More older folk who are more susceptable. Also a surprising number of people who are ignorant/selfish about hygiene - washing hands, covering their mouths when sneezing or coughing, going to crowded venues when they are ill, etc.

44 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

A good move and some of the measures I thought should have been in place well before Covid-19 as Princess is notorious for Noro and strep throat like viruses.

Couldn’t agree more, none of the protocols seem impossible to do. The opening section of monitoring Covid19 outbreaks, could put both Australia and NZ high on the first to attempt at a relaunch for ships.
Although the authorities in both countries aren’t altogether welcoming? 

56 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

I think that has more to do with the demographic on most Princess cruises. More older folk who are more susceptable. Also a surprising number of people who are ignorant/selfish about hygiene - washing hands, covering their mouths when sneezing or coughing, going to crowded venues when they are ill, etc.

Exactly why I would have implemented some of the measures much earlier than now.

29 minutes ago, Porky55 said:

Couldn’t agree more, none of the protocols seem impossible to do. The opening section of monitoring Covid19 outbreaks, could put both Australia and NZ high on the first to attempt at a relaunch for ships.
Although the authorities in both countries aren’t altogether welcoming? 

The suppression of the virus and the lure of the money will some change the governments minds, especially if they have these measures and possibly more in place.

1 hour ago, MicCanberra said:

they do not need the worker's countries to flatten the curves, as they only need the workers to join the ship and serve a quarantine period.

The public has had to give up a lot in the fight against COVID19. I don't think the public would be happy with such a risk especially for something as frivolous as cruising. Also I don't think the quarantine will be very convenient to the cruise line industry. Every time they change staff they would need to pay people two weeks for doing nothing. Then the question of who pays quarantine bills and manages it all? Not to mention if there are no flights to their home country how do they get home when their work is finished? If the curve is not flatten in their countries we probably won't have flights to their homes. There are a lot of logistics that need to be worked out. 

4 hours ago, ilikeanswers said:

I feel arranging crew will really set back restart time. The countries most of them come from will probably be the last to flatten their curves and with all movement restrictions in their countries it would be pretty difficult to leave to board a ship. Not mention all the effort NZ went to, to get rid of COVID19 they most likely won't want to risk it by letting in people from high risk COVID19 countries. Now there might also be an issue with food security. They are saying with all the disruption to farming world wide due to lock downs there will be a decrease in food supply and I doubt supplying a cruise ship will be considered priority. COVID19 is going to leave a lot of issues that will need sorting out before anyone will prioritise the cruise industry. 

I don't think that would be such an issue. They'd put a call out, and for the crew who would both be keen to:

a) get an income again, and

b) be in a healthy, Western standard environment

many would be able to, and make efforts to come back to the ships in port.

2 hours ago, Porky55 said:

Have you seen Princess’ proposed New Health Protocols - read and comment:

http://www.wheeliegoodcruises.com.au/princess-cruises-new-health-protocols-covid-19/

The new proceedures sound good but I still think that the Princess theatre is a hot bed of disease.

Maybe if they have already elimated all the coughers due to the new rules it might be safe to go to the late show where you are not packed in like sardines.

I did take note that the menus are to be cleaned between uses. Hopefully they will get rid of the paper ones and use laminated menu for easier cleaning. They will not look as good but surely will be safer. We have always wondered about the menus when the flu starts overunning the ship on a long voyage.

53 minutes ago, ilikeanswers said:

The public has had to give up a lot in the fight against COVID19. I don't think the public would be happy with such a risk especially for something as frivolous as cruising. Also I don't think the quarantine will be very convenient to the cruise line industry. Every time they change staff they would need to pay people two weeks for doing nothing. Then the question of who pays quarantine bills and manages it all? Not to mention if there are no flights to their home country how do they get home when their work is finished? If the curve is not flatten in their countries we probably won't have flights to their homes. There are a lot of logistics that need to be worked out. 

The cruise lines would be fine to pay the 2 weeks. That's a small price to pay for getting revenue after that 2 weeks, which they're not doing at present.

Flights are still operating, but fewer due to demand (And some restrictions). However, if demand increases due to more travellers, flights will be back for some destinations (not all).

1 hour ago, ilikeanswers said:

They would all be starting new contracts, so no worries for at least 6-9 months, as for any other movements, they had to deal with those before, and will take it in stride.

14 minutes ago, The_Big_M said:

I don't think that would be such an issue. They'd put a call out, and for the crew who would both be keen to:

a) get an income again, and

b) be in a healthy, Western standard environment

many would be able to, and make efforts to come back to the ships in port.

They might like to come but will they be allowed to? President Duterte has threatened to shoot people for being on the street India ostracises people for going overseas, even Indonesia is limiting flights between islands. If we aren't opening our borders to countries who have flattened the curve why would open it to people in countries with increasing infections? I can't see the public being OK with this. Personally I don't think cruises will restart till flights restart. Flights restarting will be a sign of confidence about reopening borders otherwise I think the public will be agitated about cruises bringing in foreign workers when normally people from those countries would not be allowed to fly into the country. 

Edited by ilikeanswers
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, sewgood said:

The new proceedures sound good but I still think that the Princess theatre is a hot bed of disease.

Maybe if they have already elimated all the coughers due to the new rules it might be safe to go to the late show where you are not packed in like sardines.

I did take note that the menus are to be cleaned between uses. Hopefully they will get rid of the paper ones and use laminated menu for easier cleaning. They will not look as good but surely will be safer. We have always wondered about the menus when the flu starts overunning the ship on a long voyage.

It would actually be better to give each person a fresh paper menu, not inserted in a cover, that is not reused.

The Princess theatres are no different than on other cruise lines or land-based theatres.

6 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

It would actually be better to give each person a fresh paper menu, not inserted in a cover, that is not reused.

The Princess theatres are no different than on other cruise lines or land-based theatres.

Good idea you mentioned of new paper menus for each person, but they did say in the articles about cleaning the menus.

I do find the Princess theatres to be more crowded than when we went on Celebrity. I remember the first time I went to a show on Celebrity and ten minutes before the show wondering where all the people were. I found on there that I didn't have to go 45 minutes before to get a seat. I'm not knocking Princess (big fan) but I think my biggest chance of catching something would be standing in a line to embark the ship (or any line on the ship) or going to the theatre.

I don't know about land based theatres as we live in the country side and have to cruise to see a show.😁

I guess it depends on the individual cruise and the show. I found the Celebrity theatre worse than Princess because they saved seats for suite guests, and Carnival was also very crowded. Princess shows are very popular, especially their production shows. The older ships have relatively bigger theatres based on the number of passengers - the newer ships' theatres are horrible.

Perhaps theatres should look more like Pacific Edens & Arias ( previous HAL Statendam & Ryandam ) - could easily be made even more socially distanced.
Then, like RCI on Ovation in Two70, bookings taken for Production Shows and limit numbers. 

A711E3BF-008F-472B-98C7-A1D106147A13.jpeg

C44B540B-8156-4BAC-97DB-CD018633785E.jpeg

Edited by Porky55

Way off track!

Costa Venezia & Artania have joined the group at Manila Bay.

Golden Princess is clear of Singapore Strait & bound for Manila.

Amsterdam & Carnival Splendor are at Jakarta.

Noordam is alongside in Los Angeles.

• Like 1

Lasted Update - 30th April 2020.

Carnival Splendor has now arrived in Jakarta, Indonesia to I guess try and off load crew there, since they where not able to do that in Bail.

carnivalsplendor28042020.jpg

Amsterdam has also joined Carnival Splendor in Jakarta, Indonesia:

amsterdam30042020.jpg

Pacific Explorer has now docked in Manila, Philippines and have offloaded some crew.

Zoltina-J has posted a video of the crew leaving on Facebook.

pacificexplorer28042020.jpg

Since I took this screen shot she has now moved back to anchor.

After hiding off Port Klang for the last few weeks Radiance of The Seas has now reappeared on Marine Traffic and it looks like she now might be heading to Brunel.

radianceoftheseas30042020.jpg

Ovation of the Seas has been hiding for the last few days, but I manage to get a ping off her on Marine Traffic today and looks like she is still at anchor in Singapore:

ovationoftheseas30042020.jpg

Edited by Kiwi_cruiser

Here are all the ships at anchor in Manila Bay, Philippines.

We got Carnival Spirit, Queen Elizabeth, Sun Princess, Sea Princess, Voyager of the Seas, Pacific Aria, Pacific Dawn, Majestic Princess and Sapphire Princess:

ships2804202002.jpg

Today the Manila Bay cruise ship fleet welcome two new ships to the group:

Artania:

artania30042020.jpg

We wont talk about her..... and I just checked marinetraffic it looks like she is social distancing from the rest of the fleet 🙂

and we say Hello to Costa Venezia:

costavenezia30042020.jpg

I bet the crew dont know what hit them when they arrived with a load of Australia ships in town 🙂

Lets hope she does not hit any of the Australian cruise ships or sinks!, LOL! 😋 🤣

23 hours ago, Porky55 said:

Have you seen Princess’ proposed New Health Protocols - read and comment:

http://www.wheeliegoodcruises.com.au/princess-cruises-new-health-protocols-covid-19/

So, it seems my cruising career is permanently over.  As a diabetic, I will never again be allowed on a Princess ship - and I assume all of the other cruise lines will be adopting similar standards.

22 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

The suppression of the virus and the lure of the money will some change the governments minds, especially if they have these measures and possibly more in place.

Cruising will be one of the last things to re-start in Australia, long after they re-open the borders to overseas flights.

18 minutes ago, Vader1111 said:

So, it seems my cruising career is permanently over.  As a diabetic, I will never again be allowed on a Princess ship - and I assume all of the other cruise lines will be adopting similar standards.

Re not being able to cruise, has anyone seen a list of chronic health conditions for over 70s by cruise lines or other cruise auths? I know there was talk about it.

Edited by MMDown Under