Predict when cruising will start again post-Coronavirus

9 hours ago, Docker123 said:

Emergency situation — border closure (include cruises) officially extended to 17 June.

On Sunrise tv show this morning, reports it will be extended to end of year. I tend to agree.

10 hours ago, Cruisegroover said:

I note the report I saw said this about cruise ships

-However, the government has expressed interest in “developing a framework” for cruise ship industries to resume in Australia sometime in the future.

that gives us some hope for the summer season.

Yep cruise ban extended to the 17th of never.

Only Princess booze cruises allowed. They want to lift the spirits of Mt Druitt and send them all on a cruise.

Captain circle now has a sale counter at the carousel Hotel.

Edited by Chiliburn
  • Haha 1

I can’t find anything on a government site about it yet .

But it seems the ban is on international travel and can be reviewed at anytime.

https://cruisepassenger.com.au/australia-extends-travel-ban-until-june-17/

https://www.seatrade-cruise.com/ports-destinations/australia-extends-international-cruise-ship-ban-until-june-17

Edited by Chiliburn

1 hour ago, Chiliburn said:

The ban is for cruise ships entering Australian waters.

It looks like a ship can with a permit from bio security.

https://www.qld.gov.au/health/conditions/health-alerts/coronavirus-covid-19/current-status/public-health-directions/restricting-cruise-ships-from-entering-queensland-waters-direction

Therein lies the problem, foreign ships with foreign crews, no entry.   NZ let a couple in, one Ruski and one French.

That bio security health direction needs to be overturned before we see foreign cruises ships into Australia. When? Who knows.

Edited by NSWP

8 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Therein lies the problem, foreign ships with foreign crews, no entry.   NZ let a couple in, one Ruski and one French.

That bio security health direction needs to be overturned before we see foreign cruises ships into Australia. When? Who knows.

I think the problem is Greg Hunt.

The states are doing a outstanding job ,the federal government has dropped the ball .

We should have been vaccinating a couple of months ago.

Even or premier is complaining about the feds.

4 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

I think the problem is Greg Hunt.

The states are doing a outstanding job ,the federal government has dropped the ball .

We should have been vaccinating a couple of months ago.

Even or premier is complaining about the feds.

I totally agree. All nervous nellies re the borders, state and federal. Once the international borders open, perhaps early next year for Lyle, 😁foreign visitors will be here in their millions, scary.

Edited by NSWP
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, NSWP said:

I totally agree. All nervous nellies re the borders, state and federal. Once the international borders open, perhaps early next year for Lyle, 😁foreign visitors will be here in their millions, scary.

South Australia is experiencing the domestic version of that at the moment according to the lovely taxi driver we had today. People from QLD and NSW are flocking here. I'm not surprised, accommodation is much cheaper here than in popular NSW holiday places at the moment.

5 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

Israel will start cruises next month with Royal Caribbean’s new ship 

Odyssey of the seas .

They will be Cruise’s to nowhere as in Singapore and Taiwan.

Only for Israel’s citizens.

Israel requires all passengers to be vaccinated. 

13 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

South Australia is experiencing the domestic version of that at the moment according to the lovely taxi driver we had today. People from QLD and NSW are flocking here. I'm not surprised, accommodation is much cheaper here than in popular NSW holiday places at the moment.

Or, all these people from QLD and NSW had not previously considered SA as a tourist destination, so, with overseas travel off the books they're considering anything closer to home with WA a bit far away and border a bit iffy.

45 minutes ago, lyndarra said:

Or, all these people from QLD and NSW had not previously considered SA as a tourist destination, so, with overseas travel off the books they're considering anything closer to home with WA a bit far away and border a bit iffy.

Yes, that as well. It's really beautiful here on the Fleurieu Peninsula. The beaches are gorgeous and McLaren Vale is beautifully green due to all the vineyards.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Yes, that as well. It's really beautiful here on the Fleurieu Peninsula. The beaches are gorgeous and McLaren Vale is beautifully green due to all the vineyards.

It is a beautiful area and the beaches are fabulous. We usually watch the Tour Down Under cycling in January and on the Saturday, the racing is usually in the McLaren Vale area. At least one of the beaches is allowed to have cars parked on it by beach goers. Last year, if I remember correctly, there was a problem with the tide coming in and people were trying to get their cars off the beach but couldn't because the racing was going on. It caused a few problems.

Leigh