Predict when cruising will start again post-Coronavirus

20 hours ago, Roger88 said:

I think cruising will most likely start somewhere in Asia, or Australia. I mean all those countries, island type countries are more likely to start it sooner cause their economy is dependent on this type of thing.. IMHO 

Those island type countries as you refer to them may depend on tourism, but they don't have the medical facilities to cope with a Covid 19 outbreak. So they are unlikely to allow tourists from countries where Covid is still rampant for some time. As for Australia and NZ, the government has not indicated when we will accept international tourists, but it is thought probably not until next year at the earliest.

Leigh

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Aus Traveller said:

When my age group went to school we were taught that Australia is the smallest continent and also the world's largest island. In recent years, the definition seems to have changed.

Blame continental drift, which led to plate tectonics, which then led to the discovery that Australia sits on its own tectonic plate. Which pretty much makes it a continent, although as a definition "continent" is a bit fuzzy.

1 hour ago, Blackduck59 said:

Saddle seats? Really?? There are few places saddles are appropriate...Horses, motorcycles and bicycles. Camels and Elephants too but I think they are called something else. I like to be comfortable when quaffing a pint and gnawing on ribs and saddles ain't it.

In Jackson Hole, Wyoming, the Million Dollar bar has saddles for seats at the bar.

See the source image

• Like 1

The bar in The Stockyards Hotel in Fort Worth Texas has saddle stools at the bar. A colleague of mine (an Aussie) was working in Fort Worth for a time, and he would go to that bar and watch wanna-be cowboys try to sit in the saddles after a few drinks - kept him amused whilst he drank a pint or two.

2 hours ago, mr walker said:

The bar in The Stockyards Hotel in Fort Worth Texas has saddle stools at the bar. A colleague of mine (an Aussie) was working in Fort Worth for a time, and he would go to that bar and watch wanna-be cowboys try to sit in the saddles after a few drinks - kept him amused whilst he drank a pint or two.

That’s where I saw them ,a bar restaurant called H3 ranch.

Fort Worth stock yards are quite good,we try to stay a night if we are in the area.

Its said ,the few acres there has some of the highest money turnover in the history of the world.

Qantas has just announced that they have pushed back returning to international travel until 31 October.

Also announced $1 billion loss.

https://www.news.com.au/travel/travel-advice/flights/qantas-announces-international-travel-wont-resume-until-october-31-2021/news-story/22934ad891640fd2c25add84a89ab677

32 minutes ago, Docker123 said:

Qantas has just announced that they have pushed back returning to international travel until 31 October.

Also announced $1 billion loss.

https://www.news.com.au/travel/travel-advice/flights/qantas-announces-international-travel-wont-resume-until-october-31-2021/news-story/22934ad891640fd2c25add84a89ab677

I am a Qantas Frequent Flyer who feels very let down by Qantas.  It certainly doesn't feel like our national carrier.  Qantas isn't flying to Australia whilst Overseas airlines are flying to Australia.  Qantas no longer flies from Brisbane to Lord Howe Island direct.  I wonder how many other local flights have been discontinued.  This is the time to be building the local airline industry within States, if necessary.  I recently flew from Hervey Bay and Bundaberg where it was sad to see no Qantas flights on the departure boards.  Hasn't Qantas realised Aussies want to fly more within Aust now that they can no longer fly overseas?  

5 hours ago, lyndarra said:

The Qantas branded flights were mostly international. Jetstar does most of the interstate slog in Oz.

Not true. Both Qantas and Virgin used to operate very regular flights between major cities. Sydney - Melbourne flights often departed every half hour in peak times.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Not true. Both Qantas and Virgin used to operate very regular flights between major cities. Sydney - Melbourne flights often departed every half hour in peak times.

Correct Julie, we usually always fly Qantas domestically, occasionally Virgin, but never Jetstar since we had a problem with them some years ago. I had a quick look at flights earlier between the major cities and there seemed to be more Qantas than Jetstar flights.

Leigh

19 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

But much fewer flights than previously.

Yes possibly but there were more between Sydney and Melbourne than I expected. The date I looked at  was March 29th and there were 18 Jetstar and 25 Qantas flights on that day. There were also 15 Virgin and 9 Rex flights listed.

Leigh