Predict when cruising will start again post-Coronavirus

Just now, Blackduck59 said:

I heard that today as well, thanks to President Biden; but there is some "fine print", the US has not approved Astra Zeneca yet but we have. Hey we'll take it but I think this is a "loan" and we will need to replace those doses at a later date. I'm guessing the doses we will get may have to be used soonish.

Am I reading that they have a stockpile that they haven't approved for use, and they want Canada to take it now and replace it later with fresh stock? That is some fine print.😲

23 minutes ago, Blackduck59 said:

I heard that today as well, thanks to President Biden; but there is some "fine print", the US has not approved Astra Zeneca yet but we have. Hey we'll take it but I think this is a "loan" and we will need to replace those doses at a later date. I'm guessing the doses we will get may have to be used soonish.

details will reveal the truth.

Apparently Mexico will be getting some too, in fact I think they will get more. Let's get this stuff administered before it expires and we can give back fresher stuff later. It looks like they are getting some of the kinks worked out with online booking and it looks like we are now about 2 weeks ahead of where we thought we would be. I have to say that this cooperation from our southern neighbours is a pleasant surprise.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Blackduck59 said:

Apparently Mexico will be getting some too, in fact I think they will get more. Let's get this stuff administered before it expires and we can give back fresher stuff later. It looks like they are getting some of the kinks worked out with online booking and it looks like we are now about 2 weeks ahead of where we thought we would be. I have to say that this cooperation from our southern neighbours is a pleasant surprise.

I was talking to a mate who is living and married to a Oklahoma lady last night.

He said everyone South of the Canada boarder is mad.

Just now, Chiliburn said:

I was talking to a mate who is living and married to a Oklahoma lady last night.

He said everyone South of the Canada boarder is mad.

Mad as in "mad as a hatter" or mad as in angry like a bull or both? 😁

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

Another thing he said.

Our biggest legacy is we speak the same language.

I'm not sure we do speak the same language, maybe in the written word but some regional dialects are almost like a different thing all together.

1 hour ago, Blackduck59 said:

I'm not sure we do speak the same language, maybe in the written word but some regional dialects are almost like a different thing all together.

Canadian v U.S. spelling...do you spell our centre as center.? Favourite or favorite? It is unfortunate you drive on the right side, like your neighbours, which is the wrong side. You should drive on the left side which is the right  side, Lyle.

Just sayin.

image.png

Edited by NSWP

We could go on forever...First American ship I went on was Star Princess in 2004. I was mystified when I saw the entree was the main course and salad was ordered by the Americans as a course.  I like a salad as a side dish with most of my main courses, so I ordered a salad as a course, left it to await the arrival of my steak main course and the waiters kept taking the salad away, saying 'You no like it?'  I had to like, grab it off them. After a couple of days, a got a big bowl of salad delivered to me at the MDR table, it fed everybody, nice waiters, they got the message re my side salads.

Now Lyle, the final tester and stir for the day, tap or faucet? 

Just now, Blackduck59 said:

I haven't really been a great speller and with the advent of spell checker it gets difficult because US "English" is the most often used dictionary. I do however disregard the spell checker sometimes like on this forum.

3pm here Lyle, time for a tea and biscuit, no cookies in my house.  It is unfortunate that the younger people here have inherited 'cookie' rather than biscuit. Too much American TV and watching 'Cookie Monster.' lol.

24 minutes ago, Blackduck59 said:

Both, kitchen tap, bathroom faucet and if it is outside it is a hose bib.😁

Lyle in the Southern Hemisphere when you pull the plug out of the sink it goes the opposite to the northern hemisphere.

All so pigs tails cork screw in the opposite direction.

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, NSWP said:

3pm here Lyle, time for a tea and biscuit, no cookies in my house.  It is unfortunate that the younger people here have inherited 'cookie' rather than biscuit. Too much American TV and watching 'Cookie Monster.' lol.

Asked our recently acquired granddaughter for a list of some of her favourite food (she was about 9 or 10 at the time) the list of Amicans terms was almost scarey.

Soda

Cookies

Candy

Jello

I could goon, but you get the drift.

1 hour ago, GUT2407 said:

Asked our recently acquired granddaughter for a list of some of her favourite food (she was about 9 or 10 at the time) the list of Amicans terms was almost scarey.

Soda

Cookies

Candy

Jello

I could goon, but you get the drift.

We would call soda "Pop", we use cookies and biscuits interchangeably in our house although I tend to think of bisquits as something resembling a scone. Candy is common here and Jello is a brand name that is used universally for that marvelous powder you mix with water to get a wonderful jiggly gelatin treat (I like cherry red). 

Edited by Blackduck59

3 minutes ago, Blackduck59 said:

We would call soda "Pop", we use cookies and biscuits interchangeably in our house although I tend to think of bisquits as something resembling a scone. Candy is common here and Jello is a brand name that is used universally for that marvelous powder you mix with water to get a wonderful jiggly gelatin treat (I like cherry red). 

Pop/soda - soft drinks

Candy - lollies/perhaps chocolate

Jello - jelly

Cookies - biscuits, sometimes cookies

Crackers - dry biscuits (although cracker is becoming more common usage)

Leigh

• Thanks 1