Predict when cruising will start again post-Coronavirus

There is a bloke in my golf club, bit of a radical,

a Vietnam vet, who has a tattoo on his arm of the Aussie flag and the words...love it or leave it. Think about it. if you go overseas to work for years, have you deserted your country, why should you get priority to return...love it or leave it.🇦🇺

Edited by NSWP

5 hours ago, Cruisegroover said:
 P&O Cruises Australia’s President Sture Myrmell has an update on operations:

We remain positive about a pathway for cruising’s return as society opens up. As we work towards this goal, it has still been necessary to take a practical approach by extending our pause in guest operations until 30 July, 2021 (inclusive).

It has also become necessary to cancel voyages to Papua New Guinea and the Solomon Islands for the remainder of the year given the uncertainty around international borders in our region. This unfortunately also means the cancellation of this year’s Cairns cruise season where Pacific Explorer was to have been based for two months from October.

We are sorry that some guests will be unavoidably inconvenienced by these changes and we apologise for this. Our team will make direct contact with all those guests who are affected to assist with alternative arrangements.

As always, thank you for your patience and understanding and especially for your continued loyalty to P&O Cruises. We can’t wait to welcome you onboard to offer an amazing cruise holiday experience when we are again able to sail.

Sounds like a load of bull, snow job. He talks about pausing until 30.7.21 then says png and cairns etc is canned for the year. Why dont Carnival say come back in a year.

So Pacific Explorer with second officer Alfie and co on board will have to hang around Singapore for 9 months or more?

Edited by NSWP

1 hour ago, NSWP said:

There is a bloke in my golf club, bit of a radical,

a Vietnam vet, who has a tattoo on his arm of the Aussie flag and the words...love it or leave it. Think about it. if you go overseas to work for years, have you deserted your country, why should you get priority to return...love it or leave it.🇦🇺

Seems ironic that a vietnam vet has that on his arm, when he has left the country to practice medicine on vietnamese animals.

• Haha 4

8 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

Seems ironic that a vietnam vet has that on his arm, when he has left the country to practice medicine on vietnamese animals.

Pure gold, mic, no he went there kill the viet cong  and make a difference, lol 

As for the animals over there, no animal doctors required,  agent orange 🍊 wiped out most of them out in the jungles. The dogs and cats, well, you know the cuisine over there,  seen them hanging in the markets.

Saw something about Celebrity cancelling Australian cruises further so I went looking.  Anyone else see this?  

Celebrity: June 1, 2021.

Sailings in Asia, Australia, New Zealand and South America are canceled fror the 2020-2021 season.

When Are Cruise Lines Around the World Expected To Resume Service? (cruisecritic.com.au)

Haven't heard anything from Celebrity about our FCC being further extended to 21/22 season.

22 minutes ago, Rassa said:

Saw something about Celebrity cancelling Australian cruises further so I went looking.  Anyone else see this?  

Sailings in Asia, Australia, New Zealand and South America are canceled fror the 2020-2021 season.

When Are Cruise Lines Around the World Expected To Resume Service? (cruisecritic.com.au)

Haven't heard anything from Celebrity about our FCC being further extended to 21/22 season.

Got to like this one. There is a good chance sailing will commence AFTER any given date. 🙂

P&O Cruises Australia: The fleet will resume service after July 30, 2021.

25 minutes ago, Rassa said:

What cruise line has Blackduck59, aka Lyle, booked for his NZ cruise?🤔

21 minutes ago, lyndarra said:

Received 1st email from TA. 32 day Oz circumnavigation on Oosterdam. Excellent itinerary with port stops in a couple of places I've never heard of. From $7099. Date you ask?

21/11/2021!!

Cheaper than Princess but I am not sure anything will go end of 2021.   Whoops, I booked a balcony and assumed $7099 was for that - so probably similar.

9 minutes ago, By The Bay said:

Got to like this one. There is a good chance sailing will commence AFTER any given date. 🙂

P&O Cruises Australia: The fleet will resume service after July 30, 2021.

Bit hard believing anything for the rest of 2021/22.

Edited by Rassa

1 minute ago, Rassa said:

Cheaper than Princess but I am not sure anything will go end of 2021.

Bit hard believing anything for the rest of 2021/22.

I agree.

It may be a case where HAL is saying get in early so that you're first in the queue to do it next year because this one will be cancelled (and we've eased our cash flow problem just a little in the meantime).

2 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

Even still he left Australia and fought/worked overseas, what is his point.

Making a statement, South Sydney fanatic too, maybe that is his problem.😁

3 hours ago, By The Bay said:

What cruise line has Blackduck59, aka Lyle, booked for his NZ cruise?🤔

It's Celebrity and the Date is January 14th thru 28th 2022. We don't have final payment until October. I don't think they would cancel until after then (it's a pattern). At this rate I don't think the cruise will be the issue, the bigger problem will be getting an ETA for New Zealand and Australia

Edited by Blackduck59

14 minutes ago, Blackduck59 said:

It's Celebrity and the Date is January 14th thru 28th 2022. We don't have final payment until October. I don't think they would cancel until after then (it's a pattern). At this rate I don't think the cruise will be the issue, the bigger problem will be getting an ETA for New Zealand and Australia

RCG don’t cancel until after final payment date,they want your money.

And I wouldn’t be giving it unless you are confident.

I believe you can cancel and get a credit on your deposit and it’s valid for 12 months.

33 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

RCG don’t cancel until after final payment date,they want your money.

And I wouldn’t be giving it unless you are confident.

I believe you can cancel and get a credit on your deposit and it’s valid for 12 months.

Monthes to go Chili, lots can change in that time.

4 hours ago, Rassa said:

Check the date lines on that...We are now coming to the end of what would have been the 2020-2021 season. I would suggest that the proper Date of this press release is June 1, 2020 because June 1st 2021 is still 3 monthes away.

• Like 1

P&O has just notified us that New Caledonia is continuing its ban on cruise ships until the end of October. They are offering full refund, or FCC + bonus. They will advise us of other options. Maybe they mean the possibility of a domestic cruise in the same time frame.

50 minutes ago, Blackduck59 said:

Check the date lines on that...We are now coming to the end of what would have been the 2020-2021 season. I would suggest that the proper Date of this press release is June 1, 2020 because June 1st 2021 is still 3 monthes away.

I looked twice at the date and it is as below and I did a copy and paste - doesn't seem right does it?  How can you put a forward date.   If you follow my link, you can see it for yourself.   Anyway, we are just accepting it and putting it off for another year is OK with us.   The original sailing was a last minute offer (dirt cheap) that did not go and to buy something similar now is AUD$2000 extra each.   Will see what happens.

3 hours ago, Blackduck59 said:

Are you on Eclipse?  We are booked on the cruise starting after you - Jan 28.  I am concerned because it goes up to French Polynesia, which is not looking the best.  I suppose an itinerary change is a possibility.

29 minutes ago, onlyslightlymad said:

Are you on Eclipse?  We are booked on the cruise starting after you - Jan 28.  I am concerned because it goes up to French Polynesia, which is not looking the best.  I suppose an itinerary change is a possibility.

Yes Eclipse is the ship, she is the only Celebrity ship in Oz/NZ for that cruise season.