Predict when cruising will start again post-Coronavirus

I've just booked a cruise that I'm fairly confident will happen! Granted, it's 3 hours long and cruising around our local bay but still!

It's onboard the MV Oceanic Victor and is part of our local SALT festival. There are 3 comedians on board, along with seafood tasting platters, a full bar and cocktails! It's a pity there are no cabins, we may be looking for one after all that!

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, LincolnLegend said:

I've just booked a cruise that I'm fairly confident will happen! Granted, it's 3 hours long and cruising around our local bay but still!

It's onboard the MV Oceanic Victor and is part of our local SALT festival. There are 3 comedians on board, along with seafood tasting platters, a full bar and cocktails! It's a pity there are no cabins, we may be looking for one after all that!

That looks like a great cruise. Are you able to B2B?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Saw an article yesterday regarding the joint effort by Russia and China to try and spread rumours regarding the efficiency of various vaccines and various strains of Covid. I would tend to treat any bad news with a grain of salt unless it has a gold plated source.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, By The Bay said:

I could not find in your reference that "it’s immune to the vaccines."

There nothing in that article.

On this radio interview this doctor said the Brazilian strain is new in Europe.

He said there’s quite a few people coming down with it that have  been vaccinated . And there’s evidence it is resistant to some vaccines.

I don’t know what vaccines?Some are better than others.

There was some talk in Brazil the Chinese one wasn’t much good.

You will just have to take my word for it.

A friend said to me once. You have lied before ,you are lying now and you will lie in the future. LOL

22 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

There nothing in that article.

On this radio interview this doctor said the Brazilian strain is new in Europe.

He said there’s quite a few people coming down with it that have  been vaccinated . And there’s evidence it is resistant to some vaccines.

I don’t know what vaccines?Some are better than others.

There was some talk in Brazil the Chinese one wasn’t much good.

You will just have to take my word for it.

A friend said to me once. You have lied before ,you are lying now and you will lie in the future. LOL

I found this which popped up on FB.

https://www.9news.com.au/national/coronavirus-brazil-top-doctor-warns-of-new-covid19-virus-killing-the-young-in-their-thousands/f4954f85-a1fb-4c38-b255-651daed725e4?fbclid=IwAR3j155XLkl8pjsaxR-rxdrM87K0ebDaeNbsJz20R6teWBNuzTgmkZRb3fs

Leigh

27 minutes ago, possum52 said:

It didn’t work, I think it is blocked by CC.

Its probably the same as I linked earlier.

1 minute ago, ilikeanswers said:

Jolly good news re Pfizer, trouble is the masses in Straya are now receiving the cheaper Astra vaccine. The pollies and the heavies got the good stuff, the Pfizer.😁

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

It didn’t work, I think it is blocked by CC.

Its probably the same as I linked earlier.

Sorry Phillip. Yes I tried to link it but it didn't work, put the whole address in. CC must have blocked it or there is a glitch somewhere.

Just now, possum52 said:

Sorry Phillip. Yes I tried to link it but it didn't work, put the whole address in. CC must have blocked it or there is a glitch somewhere.

I copy/pasted it and it worked.

This opinion piece in this morning's Herald states:

About 12 per cent of Canada, 46 per cent of the UK, and 30 per cent of the US have received at least one vaccine dose. Just over 1 per cent of New Zealand's population had, according to the latest update on Wednesday, while Australia sits at about 2.5 per cent.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/politics/covid-19-coronavirus-will-nz-be-left-high-and-dry-in-global-movement-for-vaccinated-countries/AUGOIAIMEUYMWWNRVOM7LSI62Y/

Assuming these figures are up to date, still a wee way to go ....

5 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Jolly good news re Pfizer, trouble is the masses in Straya are now receiving the cheaper Astra vaccine. The pollies and the heavies got the good stuff, the Pfizer.😁

Weren’t they thinking of producing the Pfizer in oz.

9 minutes ago, NSWP said:

To be fair the article did say AstraZeneca is showing promise against the variants but they have yet to conduct any trials like Pfizer did to confirm this. 

Edited by ilikeanswers

7 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

I don't believe so Phillip as there is only one company in Australia to can make the vaccine I think - CSL in Melbourme. I think there was talk CSL could also make the Novavac as well but last I heard that may not happen.They also make the fluvax as well, I'm pretty sure.

Leigh

14 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

We don’t have the technology available in Oz to make Pfizer or Moderna.

There is talk of need for significant investment to be able to make mRNA based drugs here.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/health/2021-02-09/covid-19-vaccines-australia-mrna-medical-revolution/13132252

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Don't confuse cheaper with lower quality in this case. The reason AZ is cheaper is that the company decided not to profit from it, the cost of it only covers their costs to manufacture it. Pfizer are making a profit from selling their vaccine which is why it is considerably more expensive.

28 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Don't confuse cheaper with lower quality in this case. The reason AZ is cheaper is that the company decided not to profit from it, the cost of it only covers their costs to manufacture it. Pfizer are making a profit from selling their vaccine which is why it is considerably more expensive.

Good article detailing vaccine profits:

From Pfizer to Moderna: who’s making billions from Covid-19 vaccines?

While we are on profits here is someone else making a fortune of vaccines:

Vaccine prince': the Indian billionaire set to make Covid jabs for the UK

Edited by ilikeanswers

23 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

About 12 times more expensive I think Julie.