for fun: Do/Would you still put on all your makeup and decent clothes if you are quarantined

slidergirl

15 hours ago, cruise kitty said:

she looks beautiful!  So sorry she's missing out on prom 😞  I hope that when this subsides they can do a make up for things that seniors are missing out on 🙂

I'll respond to your comment to say what a beautiful daughter you have!😍 I also had a dress that looked very, very similar to hers at prom, so it just came back to me. It's a pity that her prom was canceled, 'cause really it's the main holiday for teenagers! I am truly sorry for you 😞

On 4/4/2020 at 4:46 PM, cruisemom42 said:

Funny how that style of bandana used to bring fear ("This is a stick-up!").

Now we are happy to see people wearing them...  Crazy times.

A few cities had to temporarily relax their "no masks" rules after some people of a certain racial makeup were harassed by overzealous police for following the recommendation and only had bandanas or black ski masks to use.  Honest,

I have entire drawer-full of Buffs.  I folded one like they are recommending doing with bandanas.  I put a coffee filter in between the middle layers.  

3 hours ago, cruise kitty said:

I was thinking the same thing.   Slidergirl, check in & let us know you're ok 🙂

I'm here.  thanks of thinking of me.  I had to back off of posting here for awhile.  I backed off of posting in quite a few places...

I'm hanging in there.  I can't even remember how long it's been.  Before I lost my job on March 12 (thanks COVID), I was already in semi-isolation by my county - only driving to work and going nowhere else.   I've been indulging in some guilty pleasures - I can watch every reality show Bravo has made without criticism,  I pop open a bottle of Prosecco because I can, online shopping (how many times can I use the Easter Bunny for delivering "gifts" to me???), trying to plan some sort of road trip camping vacation (hopefully to coincide with my June 17 Andrea Bocelli concert at the Hollywood Bowl), getting back into my mindfulness practices.  I went out to the market 2 weeks ago to stock up, so it wasn't yet mask time.  But, I'm running out of cream for my coffee and coffee filter to make my coffee  - oh and some prescriptions - so I'm going to venture out this week.  We're under a "no delivery service" order here, so you have to go to the store or try to do pickup.  Unfortunately, there are no pickup appointments available this week - I had NO idea that people are booking them 2 weeks in advance!!  My big outdoor activity is walking down the street to my mail box.  If the weather was nice enough, I would sit my lounge chair on the back patio and veg from there.  But, Mother Nature isn't cooperating.   

Oh - if you want something uplifting for about 30 minutes, go to YouTube and watch the reply of the mini-concert Andrea Bocelli did today from the Duomo in Milano.  Just him and the Duomo's organist.  It was priceless.  I watched it live and I'll be watching it again!

Oh #2 - I'm still not wearing makeup, just moisturizer...  Sweat bottoms or some Sweaty Betty leggings and either a sweatshirt or a long sleeve T (depending).  My Hair does look like Cruisemom42's...

Stay safe everyone!!!

Edited by slidergirl
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, slidergirl said:

I'm here.  thanks of thinking of me.  I had to back off of posting here for awhile.  I backed off of posting in quite a few places...

I'm hanging in there.  I can't even remember how long it's been.  Before I lost my job on March 12 (thanks COVID), I was already in semi-isolation by my county - only driving to work and going nowhere else.   I've been indulging in some guilty pleasures - I can watch every reality show Bravo has made without criticism,  I pop open a bottle of Prosecco because I can, online shopping (how many times can I use the Easter Bunny for delivering "gifts" to me???), trying to plan some sort of road trip camping vacation (hopefully to coincide with my June 17 Andrea Bocelli concert at the Hollywood Bowl), getting back into my mindfulness practices.  I went out to the market 2 weeks ago to stock up, so it wasn't yet mask time.  But, I'm running out of cream for my coffee and coffee filter to make my coffee  - oh and some prescriptions - so I'm going to venture out this week.  We're under a "no delivery service" order here, so you have to go to the store or try to do pickup.  Unfortunately, there are no pickup appointments available this week - I had NO idea that people are booking them 2 weeks in advance!!  My big outdoor activity is walking down the street to my mail box.  If the weather was nice enough, I would sit my lounge chair on the back patio and veg from there.  But, Mother Nature isn't cooperating.   

Oh - if you want something uplifting for about 30 minutes, go to YouTube and watch the reply of the mini-concert Andrea Bocelli did today from the Duomo in Milano.  Just him and the Duomo's organist.  It was priceless.  I watched it live and I'll be watching it again!

Oh #2 - I'm still not wearing makeup, just moisturizer...  Sweat bottoms or some Sweaty Betty leggings and either a sweatshirt or a long sleeve T (depending).  My Hair does look like Cruisemom42's...

Stay safe everyone!!!

Hi there, good to hear that you're ok!   I get the backing off, we all have to take care of ourselves mentally as well as physically right now :)  We did a ton of projects around the house this weekend so that was nice!  Things we've been putting off for quite a while.  I also did a little online shopping...  

Our older DD & SIL did a drive by hello with the grandkids today, which was wonderful!   I wasn't able to get Easter candy for them :(  so I hung candy canes on the picket fence for them lol....  they were thrilled :)

stay safe (& sane)   & best wishes to you for continued health :)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, slidergirl said:

A few cities had to temporarily relax their "no masks" rules after some people of a certain racial makeup were harassed by overzealous police for following the recommendation and only had bandanas or black ski masks to use.  Honest,

I have entire drawer-full of Buffs.  I folded one like they are recommending doing with bandanas.  I put a coffee filter in between the middle layers.  

We had that problem here, re: harassment of some folks wearing masks. Da#ned if you do or if you don't, as some people NOT wearing masks have been denied entry...  I have just been using my makeshift scarf but finally found some masks to order; hopefully they will arrive this week.

Until then it's delivery for us. We are supporting a few local restaurants to the best of our ability... :classic_biggrin:

Hi girls....I was waiting for a refund from TAP AIRLINES (I was going to use them when I flew from Barcelona

to Lisbon)….well, I got an email from them saying I have a voucher...….I don't want a voucher:classic_rolleyes:.....I want

my VISA credited back.  I will have to call them tomorrow......I have no clue the next time I will be using an

airline in Europe.

26 minutes ago, Lois R said:

Hi girls....I was waiting for a refund from TAP AIRLINES (I was going to use them when I flew from Barcelona

to Lisbon)….well, I got an email from them saying I have a voucher...….I don't want a voucher:classic_rolleyes:.....I want

my VISA credited back.  I will have to call them tomorrow......I have no clue the next time I will be using an

airline in Europe.

wow, I would dispute that Lois,  I know for U.S. based airlines most have changed to offering refunds...  I still don't know what, if anything I'll get back from Delta for our May flights...  they were purchased through Celebrity, but nonrefundable flights, Celeb says I must go through Delta, Delta says I must go through Celebrity...  so for now I'm just ignoring the problem lol   Good luck with yours! :classic_biggrin:

8 hours ago, cruise kitty said:

wow, I would dispute that Lois,  I know for U.S. based airlines most have changed to offering refunds...  I still don't know what, if anything I'll get back from Delta for our May flights...  they were purchased through Celebrity, but nonrefundable flights, Celeb says I must go through Delta, Delta says I must go through Celebrity...  so for now I'm just ignoring the problem lol   Good luck with yours! :classic_biggrin:

Good morning, I am going to call TAP later and discuss it. I guess I assumed wrong but when I first spoke with them

about it, I know we discussed my cc being credited back:classic_sad:.....not sure why a voucher was issued.

Oh, I booked my own flights...….no cruise line involvement.

On 4/11/2020 at 12:40 PM, ninjacat123 said:

You could wear my daughter's prom dress. Her prom was cancelled 😪

Beautiful dress and even more beautiful daughter.  My condolences too on her losses this year 😞 

13 hours ago, slidergirl said:

We're under a "no delivery service" order here, so you have to go to the store or try to do pickup.  Unfortunately, there are no pickup appointments available this week - I had NO idea that people are booking them 2 weeks in advance!!  My big outdoor activity is walking down the street to my mail box.  If the weather was nice enough, I would sit my lounge chair on the back patio and veg from there.  But, Mother Nature isn't cooperating.   

Stay safe everyone!!!

Glad you are doing well.  I've had to back off a few groups too.

No delivery seems very odd in the climate we are in now - I would think they would want as many staying home as possible.  I guess every area is handling it a little differently.

I'm only wearing makeup for Zoom and the grocery store, and even then it's minimal, but I didn't wear makeup much before this started.  I keep meaning to try different hair styles while I have the time to practice, but end up throwing it in a bun or pony tail.

6 hours ago, Lois R said:

Good morning, I am going to call TAP later and discuss it. I guess I assumed wrong but when I first spoke with them

about it, I know we discussed my cc being credited back:classic_sad:.....not sure why a voucher was issued.

Oh, I booked my own flights...….no cruise line involvement.

For intra-EU flights, the EU regulations  (EC261/2004) should be followed, not US.   Refund rules are different. 

I suggest you go over to Flyertalk and look at the TAP forum.  Sounds like more than a few are in your situation.  If you cancelled online, it sounds like it is automatic voucher; if you call and persist, you can get the cash refund.   Good luck!

6 hours ago, pacruise804 said:

Beautiful dress and even more beautiful daughter.  My condolences too on her losses this year 😞 

Glad you are doing well.  I've had to back off a few groups too.

No delivery seems very odd in the climate we are in now - I would think they would want as many staying home as possible.  I guess every area is handling it a little differently.

I'm only wearing makeup for Zoom and the grocery store, and even then it's minimal, but I didn't wear makeup much before this started.  I keep meaning to try different hair styles while I have the time to practice, but end up throwing it in a bun or pony tail.

Yep, the "no delivery" is odd, but it is what it is.  My little resort town was hit because we had so many tourists.  The county wanted to be sure everyone has as little contact as possible.  No delivery service means the delivery people aren't going to multiple places and handling lots of food, I guess.  If a restaurant had an in-place delivery with their own employees, they could still deliver.  So, Domino's still comes to my house, but I miss Speedy Fernandez (our home-grown delivery service, long before DoorDash, etc.)!!!

I have a telemedicine appointment today with my provider to get more meds (we can only telemed right now - no in-person appts unless it's an emergency).  I realized how absolutely awful I'd look on screen with my undone hair and no makeup.  So, I did my "going to work" routine of hair and some brow stuff (my brows still aren't back to normal) and some eyeliner.   First time I've done any makeup since my last day at work a month ago!!  But, I'm still in the sweats and T-shirt.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, slidergirl said:

For intra-EU flights, the EU regulations  (EC261/2004) should be followed, not US.   Refund rules are different. 

I suggest you go over to Flyertalk and look at the TAP forum.  Sounds like more than a few are in your situation.  If you cancelled online, it sounds like it is automatic voucher; if you call and persist, you can get the cash refund.   Good luck!

Hi, nice to see you again.  I have already been in touch with TAP this morning and they gave me an email address

to refunds.....so I sent them an email about my flight.  One of them was a refundable ticket and I was asking for the

refund to go back to my VISA.  The other was not refundable.  But anyway, both flights were REALLY CHEAP and

I am not going to stress over it.  If they won't refund my CC and the voucher just sits there? I am to the point of

really not caring too much anymore.  Will just see how things go.

Lois, I hope you get your refund :)      It was one of those days today...  didn't really comb hair or even get out of p.j.s  lol :)  they made an announcement today that they want everyone to get two weeks of supplies & then not go out for meds or supplies for the next two weeks.... however, we're coming up to the end of the other don't go out for two weeks request... I really just shouldn't watch the news.   Didn't feel like eating today, so this was dinner:  cookies & hot chocolate w/a shot of Baileys...  I did put it on a nice plate lol :classic_biggrin:IMG_8559.thumb.JPG.4d631953bcbcd8f752edb7330d2357c6.JPG

• Like 2

Wow,  stay home for two weeks without going out at all? We have to stay home but can go out for groceries, meds and essentials but with distancing and masks (not a requirement-yet) I bet the stores were really busy! Hope you were able to get everything you need. 

The plate is very pretty. It looks like Haviland. 

3 hours ago, cruise kitty said:

Lois, I hope you get your refund 🙂      It was one of those days today...  didn't really comb hair or even get out of p.j.s  lol 🙂  they made an announcement today that they want everyone to get two weeks of supplies & then not go out for meds or supplies for the next two weeks.... however, we're coming up to the end of the other don't go out for two weeks request... I really just shouldn't watch the news.   Didn't feel like eating today, so this was dinner:  cookies & hot chocolate w/a shot of Baileys...  I did put it on a nice plate lol :classic_biggrin:IMG_8559.thumb.JPG.4d631953bcbcd8f752edb7330d2357c6.JPG

don't feel bad; I didn't feel like making dinner, so I had ice cream...

My county had already put a "no go" order in for the entire month, so I'm already in that boat and have until May 1.  They may extend, too.  They didn't say to not go out to the stores, but I still do that anyway.  I just buy bigger - a quart instead of a pint of cream, things like that.  Just keep doing what you all are doing.  Except for my 401K being in the tank and my hair is going to really show gray, I wouldn't mind having our order extended until June 1.  Since I lost my job due to COVID, I am exempt from doing a job search (usually need 4 proofs of job searches), so not too bad.  I mean, it's a whopping $336/week!!!  Whoopee!   I have to have an appointment with Social Security to find out how much extra I can get off of my ex's SS. Since he has been making $200,000 and over for the past 15 years, I sure hope I get a little more...  Later!!!

• Like 1

16 hours ago, purduemom1 said:

Wow,  stay home for two weeks without going out at all? We have to stay home but can go out for groceries, meds and essentials but with distancing and masks (not a requirement-yet) I bet the stores were really busy! Hope you were able to get everything you need. 

The plate is very pretty. It looks like Haviland. 

We are allowed to go out, but requested not to....   daily walks, runs are fine & we can go to parks, but equipment is closed.  Yesterdays press conference they requested everyone to limit to grocery & med shopping to no more that every two weeks....  which is fine, we can get everything we need delivered (even wine & margaritas lol)  so we're doing pretty good.   Luckily, I've had our kitty litter & cat food home delivered for years, so I've got plenty of that & more coming....    because our area shut down so early, we're doing amazingly well so far, & we definitely want to keep it that way :)

& yes, Haviland :)

14 hours ago, slidergirl said:

don't feel bad; I didn't feel like making dinner, so I had ice cream...

My county had already put a "no go" order in for the entire month, so I'm already in that boat and have until May 1.  They may extend, too.  They didn't say to not go out to the stores, but I still do that anyway.  I just buy bigger - a quart instead of a pint of cream, things like that.  Just keep doing what you all are doing.  Except for my 401K being in the tank and my hair is going to really show gray, I wouldn't mind having our order extended until June 1.  Since I lost my job due to COVID, I am exempt from doing a job search (usually need 4 proofs of job searches), so not too bad.  I mean, it's a whopping $336/week!!!  Whoopee!   I have to have an appointment with Social Security to find out how much extra I can get off of my ex's SS. Since he has been making $200,000 and over for the past 15 years, I sure hope I get a little more...  Later!!!

I really hope you get the extra $$  Steve had to go on unemployment as well...  he feels bad because we are definitely not in dire straits, but I told him, you've paid into it for almost 40 years, I think its ok to do now :)  it's not much, but it definitely helps. 

Speaking of food for dinner.   I just have not been hungry today and I did eat some breakfast but tonight?

All I ate was a Yogurt.  For any of you who like Yogurt....OUI makes a fabulous one. It is French style and comes in

a glass container.  It is delicious:classic_biggrin:

5 minutes ago, Lois R said:

Speaking of food for dinner.   I just have not been hungry today and I did eat some breakfast but tonight?

All I ate was a Yogurt.  For any of you who like Yogurt....OUI makes a fabulous one. It is French style and comes in

C'est bon!👍

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lois R said:

great minds think alike, I'm literally eating yogurt with granola right now...  mine the light and fit greek yogurt, so not quite as fancy :classic_biggrin:

1 hour ago, cruise kitty said:

great minds think alike, I'm literally eating yogurt with granola right now...  mine the light and fit greek yogurt, so not quite as fancy :classic_biggrin:

they are all good:classic_biggrin:....not really fancy:classic_biggrin: but the texture is sooooo nice LOL......

• Like 1

8 hours ago, cruise kitty said:

I really hope you get the extra $$  Steve had to go on unemployment as well...  he feels bad because we are definitely not in dire straits, but I told him, you've paid into it for almost 40 years, I think its ok to do now 🙂  it's not much, but it definitely helps. 

That's how I feel about it.  I paid into it since 1970, so I think I can pick some of it back up.   I just think of some of the people in my town who are paying $1200/month in rent and lost their jobs because of the town shutdown for COVID-19.  They aren't going to make their rent, let alone buy food.   For the extra Social Security, I was married for 30 years when he dumped me for some bimbo.  I freakin' deserve some of that money!!!

• Like 1