for fun: Do/Would you still put on all your makeup and decent clothes if you are quarantined

slidergirl

Restart of 2020 sounds like a plan!!!!!!! The only thing I don't need to change is the retirement. But the health,

AND this Virus? Yes, I stay a re start would be good for all of us!

You guys may get a kick out of this....

I have been in self-quarantine for 2 weeks (requested by my employer due to travel in Italy that ended just as the outbreak was breaking out....) and another week of our mandatory remote working policy. But I am actually still required to work, and my company (a global one) was already heavily into Skype meetings, videoconferencing and the like. We are "encouraged" to have our webcams on for these interactions to create a greater feeling of people being present ... also I presume to ensure we are engaged.

Anyway, so I get up in the morning and put on a nice top, do my make-up (maybe not to the same extent as going into the office, but nearly) and my hair. But I also have on my yoga pants and socks. Sort of like the new mullet: business on the top, lazy afternoon on the bottom.

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

9 hours ago, cruisemom42 said:

I have been in self-quarantine for 2 weeks (requested by my employer due to travel in Italy that ended just as the outbreak was breaking out....) and another week of our mandatory remote working policy. But I am actually still required to work, and my company (a global one) was already heavily into Skype meetings, videoconferencing and the like. We are "encouraged" to have our webcams on for these interactions to create a greater feeling of people being present ... also I presume to ensure we are engaged.

Anyway, so I get up in the morning and put on a nice top, do my make-up (maybe not to the same extent as going into the office, but nearly) and my hair. But I also have on my yoga pants and socks. Sort of like the new mullet: business on the top, lazy afternoon on the bottom.

Good morning, I am so happy you posted:classic_biggrin:....was thinking about you and glad you are ok!!!!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, cruisemom42 said:

Love it!

At least you put on pants.😉

• Haha 1

Good idea ,Melody.  I find that I’m not eating as much but DH is making up for it! We are walking but just not all of the other activity that would normally happen each day.

Some  have mentioned cancelling hair appointments. I have no choice because our state is on self isolation. I can color my own hair but won’t attempt cutting it. My neighbor sent me a text suggesting that we FaceTime so I can help her color her hair since she’s never attempted it herself😊.

Hope Les is much improved and that you have an opportunity to get outside soon.

Sharon

• Like 1

I used to do my son's and husband's hair since it was just buzz cuts.  We've been going to the stylist so long though that DS now has enough hair that he's a scissor cut and I don't have those skills.

I asked DH if he was going to have me break out the clippers and he figures he will wait it out.  I think he feels he would be cheating on our stylist if I did his hair 😉 

• Like 1

My hair is curly and frizzy.  To tame it, I wear it short and put gel in it to get curls.  I will let it grow until we have the "all clear " to go our.  Then I will go to the beauty polar and have them sheer me like a sheep!!🐑

• Like 1

9 hours ago, awhfy said:

Just a reminder. Try those blue jeans on at least once a week. Don’t need any surprises when this is over 😉

I am losing weight (that's what happens when you have very little appetite apparently), so I'm going to need smaller clothes if this keeps up.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Anita Latte said:

OMG...I saw a reference to the quarantine-15 the other day!

I'm hoping to lose weight.  I don't have access to the gym, but I am doing more videos.  I also live in a rural enough area that I can get out for walks while maintaining social distancing.

I am in jeans or yoga pants every day now; no makeup, no watch.  But I always wear earrings, because I like them, and to keep the piercings open.  Today I decided to get some use out of my "blingy" (aka "cruise") earrings.  The extra bit of sparkle I see when I brush my teeth, etc. cheers me up.  This will be my new habit.

• Like 3

Cheers me up...

I've been keeping my nails done. It doesn't last...I've been doing more work around the house and the polish is getting chipped. I've been doing my nails about every 2-3 days. I used to care more about how long my mani would last and want to avoid doing household chores...but I've discovered the pleasure of seeing pretty nails as I do work. All the extra attention on my cuticles has kept them in good shape too...plus it's fun to see the different colors on my nails.

• Like 4

I had my haircut & highlights done yesterday, and I'm glad because our governor is shutting all salons & spas down at midnight tonight (and other non-essentials, too).  I've been a SAHM since June of 2012.  At that time, I had to develop a routine for getting up and ready even when not leaving the house.  I have to be up to let the dog out so that's when my day starts whether I like it or not.  I bathe, dress and do skincare every day.  I wear regular clothes every day.  They are comfy clothes but I wear them in public, too.  Make up only when leaving the house.  Hubby is considered essential since their company does the online banking platforms, so he's still wearing his suit and tie to work every day.  He carries a letter in his car from his employer should it get to the point of police or national guard pulling people over.

My son is a senior in high school.  There's a lot of emotions that go with that - more than would normally be there.  He gets up at the same time every day and does his morning routine, which include jeans and a t-shirt.  The has a few "classes" online with CollegeBoard to hopefully prepare him for the AP tests he will have to take.  Our state is still trying to figure out the distance learning thing because there are many rural school districts and some sketchy internet access out there sometimes.  His concurrent college class will start back up next week online.  He and I are still busy applying for college scholarships, and not knowing how orientation is going to happen in June complicates things  He's supposed to move in at college for a summer bridge program on 7/19, but who knows if that will happen either.

• Like 2

On 3/22/2020 at 6:55 PM, cruisemom42 said:

I understand that Rachel Maddow does something similar.

On 3/20/2020 at 10:27 AM, Anita Latte said:

The point made was that your mindset regarding any physical activity can affect how effective that physical activity is toward health and fitness goals. So definitely have the expectation that any house and yard work is providing you exercise. Just be aware of your form? Be mindful of overworking muscles that aren't used as often...being sore isn't necessarily the goal. Change up what you are doing...think about how a housekeeper in a hotel will clean each room before moving on to the next. It's not an assembly line of toilets, mirrors, beds, vacuuming, etc. It's more like a circuit? So rather than trying to get the whole of one chore done in full before moving on to the next...figure out a circuit so that you don't have to keep your body in any one position for an uncomfortably long period of time.

Getting in exercise is good for your brain.  I teach 10 exercise classes per week (not anymore, thank you Covid-19 ) and I found myself kinda morose and crabby after a week of no exercise.  You would think "yay, vacation" but it wasn't for me.  I've been doing a thirty minute strength training with bursts of cardio workout 3 times week (like Anita above says "cardio circuit") and I'm happier.  Plus my DH scored 3 packs of TP at 7am this morning. So far, so good. 🙂 

Stay safe everybody!

• Like 2

I was supposed to get the "skunk stripe" in my hair colored back up and get some summer highlights in my hair.  Not going to happen being in lockdown until May 1 here in my county.  I need to text my stylist and ask what color of Loreal Magic Root Color Up I need to buy to get through the month 😉  Anything else can wait until my next appointment in May.  Meanwhile, when I have to go out to the market, I'll be rockin' the Buffs and Baseball Hats...

• Like 2

On 3/25/2020 at 8:06 AM, shipgeeks said:

I am in jeans or yoga pants every day now; no makeup, no watch.  But I always wear earrings, because I like them, and to keep the piercings open.  Today I decided to get some use out of my "blingy" (aka "cruise") earrings.  The extra bit of sparkle I see when I brush my teeth, etc. cheers me up.  This will be my new habit.

Hmm, I didn't think about piercings closing up, think I'll start putting some earrings in occasionally.   Today I was pretty bad, it's been chilly & windy here so I wore my pj's (which consist of a a cropped tank & flannel shorts) with my Christmas present robe over it till about 1 (I'm still working from home, so all those people that I emailed & set up for Esigning docs don't know any better lol.   Progressed to sweatpants with crop top when I started feeling too guilty lol ;)  At some point I topped off with a long cashmere cardigan which was quite the contrast lol.   It's almost 8 here, time to shower & put on some fresh pjs   

Edited by cruise kitty
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, ninjacat123 said:

Getting in exercise is good for your brain.  I teach 10 exercise classes per week (not anymore, thank you Covid-19 ) and I found myself kinda morose and crabby after a week of no exercise.  You would think "yay, vacation" but it wasn't for me.  I've been doing a thirty minute strength training with bursts of cardio workout 3 times week (like Anita above says "cardio circuit") and I'm happier.  Plus my DH scored 3 packs of TP at 7am this morning. So far, so good. 🙂 

Stay safe everybody!

Yup, the good thing (if there is such a thing) about being quarantined is that I'm able to step up the exercise game.   Resting heart rate has lowered down to very low 50's which is nice.   I'd still kill for a cheeseburger though...

8 hours ago, slidergirl said:

I was supposed to get the "skunk stripe" in my hair colored back up and get some summer highlights in my hair.  

I hear you, I've never colored mine, but in last couple of weeks, I've noticed that mine has become much more pronounced.   No idea how long we'll be on lockdown, right now we're planning for a minimum of 8 more weeks.  (I know logically it'll be more, but don't want to think so far ahead)     Can't wait for my new Amazon sweatpants to show up lol ;)

5 hours ago, Lois R said:

I have been in shorts and t shirts.....cleaning out my closets for the past couple of days:classic_rolleyes:

That's on my list of things to do...but somehow I just can't get motivated to do it. Been home almost a full two weeks now & honestly haven't accomplished much around here.  My days have somehow morphed into do some work, think about food, finish work, workout eat dinner shower, & then drink wine and watch tv... it's funny how quickly you morph into a new routine :)     

Stay safe & hopefully we'll be back to cruising soon !

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, cruise kitty said:

That's on my list of things to do...but somehow I just can't get motivated to do it. Been home almost a full two weeks now & honestly haven't accomplished much around here.  My days have somehow morphed into do some work, think about food, finish work, workout eat dinner shower, & then drink wine and watch tv... it's funny how quickly you morph into a new routine :)     

Stay safe & hopefully we'll be back to cruising soon !

I know all about the tv.....mine is on all day.

OK.....guess what I am having done today? My a/c unit decided to go to a/c heaven:classic_blink:.....if you want to call it that.

This condo was built in 2001 and the a/c was the original unit.  Here in Florida, we cannot live without air conditioning.

And so, this afternoon the a/c people are here......new outside unit, air handler, everything. It is not cheap by any

means but the old gave out after 19 years.  If this new one lasts nearly as long, it will be lasting me pretty much

for the rest of my life (I am 62) LOL.....there are 3 installers working on it. I am in shorts, a top and sandals. 

And if there is a good thing out of all of this mess?  The amount of credit I am getting from my cancelled river

cruise is enough to pay about 95% of this new a/c.   Good ac is a pricey $$$$ appliance:classic_rolleyes:

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Lois R said:

I know all about the tv.....mine is on all day.

OK.....guess what I am having done today? My a/c unit decided to go to a/c heaven:classic_blink:.....if you want to call it that.

This condo was built in 2001 and the a/c was the original unit.  Here in Florida, we cannot live without air conditioning.

And so, this afternoon the a/c people are here......new outside unit, air handler, everything. It is not cheap by any

means but the old gave out after 19 years.  If this new one lasts nearly as long, it will be lasting me pretty much

for the rest of my life (I am 62) LOL.....there are 3 installers working on it. I am in shorts, a top and sandals. 

And if there is a good thing out of all of this mess?  The amount of credit I am getting from my cancelled river

cruise is enough to pay about 95% of this new a/c.   Good ac is a pricey $$$$ appliance:classic_rolleyes:

wow what timing!   & yes, good AC is super pricey,  but I couldn't live without it in the summer months.   It's actually slightly warm outside today, with beautiful blue skies :)  it's supposedly my day off (hard to keep track of days now though)  Best wishes for & smooth & speedy AC install :)